Air exchange vs Humidity how to

• Thread starter Bjg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bjg

So my question is how do you juggle keeping humidity down in flower when constantly exchanging more humid air. Like on a rainy or even a humid day.
My Tent is in a garage(lung room) which i have 2 dehumidifiers, a 35 and 20lt/day and an aircon. I can just keep humidity levels around 50% running both dehuey full time. The tent has an intake and axhaust fan. I want to be able to control humidity down to 40% at least. i assume my only option is to go bigger dehumidifiers. ive been looking into desiccant dehumidifiers im not sure if these have better drying ability below 50%
any tips would be much appreciated
Thanks

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Why would you want to go below 40%?

The whole humidity issue is the humidity right at and around the buds so airflow is what’s important. 50-60% wont be an issue as long as you have good airflow

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So my question is how do you juggle keeping humidity down in flower when constantly exchanging more humid air. Like on a rainy or even a humid day.
My Tent is in a garage(lung room) which i have 2 dehumidifiers, a 35 and 20lt/day and an aircon. I can just keep humidity levels around 50% running both dehuey full time. The tent has an intake and axhaust fan. I want to be able to control humidity down to 40% at least. i assume my only option is to go bigger dehumidifiers. ive been looking into desiccant dehumidifiers im not sure if these have better drying ability below 50%
any tips would be much appreciated
Thanks
But to answer your question about the ability of dehumidifiers… the become less efficient as the humidity goes down. So below 50% they need to work much harder for much less reduction.

B

Bjg

But to answer your question about the ability of dehumidifiers… the become less efficient as the humidity goes down. So below 50% they need to work much harder for much less reduction.
Why would you want to go below 40%?

The whole humidity issue is the humidity right at and around the buds so airflow is what’s important. 50-60% wont be an issue as long as you have good airflow
I'm not trying to pull it down past 40% I'm just trying to get down to 40% as a test in preparation for late flower. Around 50-55% is the best they will do running constantly. I've had my fair share of mould is all so just trying to prevent it as best I can. Airflow is plenty. If this is sufficient I'm happy to continue playing ball. But I've read alot of guys trying to drop below 50% for flower to prevent mould.

Top Bottom