Air exhaust/ removal question

• Thread starter Dtucker34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dtucker34

I have a question about my grow room/tent that is currently in the design stage. My wife has a high profile corperate job and I have a few young preteens (pray for me, lol) so with that being said smell is the most important thing I plan to run a 5x5 gorilla tent and a 6inch carbon filter with the infinity ac fan but i want my dispensed air to be lead into another room thats enclosed but still in my basment my issue is my exhaust hose will be over 20ft, that gets me to me question? Do I need to install another inline fan to assist the removal of the spent air since my exhaust tube/hose is that long(20ft)

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It should exhaust fine, but adding a booster helps with flow rate and air exchange faster

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I have a question about my grow room/tent that is currently in the design stage. My wife has a high profile corperate job and I have a few young preteens (pray for me, lol) so with that being said smell is the most important thing I plan to run a 5x5 gorilla tent and a 6inch carbon filter with the infinity ac fan but i want my dispensed air to be lead into another room thats enclosed but still in my basment my issue is my exhaust hose will be over 20ft, that gets me to me question? Do I need to install another inline fan to assist the removal of the spent air since my exhaust tube/hose is that long(20ft)
loews has the scrubbers in the ac dept,last i seen right about 25 bucks,just split your vent hose at 10 ft the scrubber will keep that air moving out,i use them in my ac registers in the summer months,work really good,also have one under the fire box to throw that heat out

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yea, but they do make inline booster as well, pipe size depending, u can find them at most grow stores, inexpensive

here is an example

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inli...ocphy=9031894&hvtargid=pla-312160472815&psc=1
I don't want to disued you from trying but It's not going to work you know. It doesn't matter what you do the smell/noise/watering/feeding/packing soil into the house or just checking on them with the lights on. I've tried and was found out by a not so dumb teen within days of thinking I'd sealed it all up, I had light leak through a vent you could only see when it was dark in the house...Ooops busted lol. Kid was cool about it.......wife not so much.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I don't want to disued you from trying but It's not going to work you know. It doesn't matter what you do the smell/noise/watering/feeding/packing soil into the house or just checking on them with the lights on. I've tried and was found out by a not so dumb teen within days of thinking I'd sealed it all up, I had light leak through a vent you could only see when it was dark in the house...Ooops busted lol. Kid was cool about it.......wife not so much.
[/huh? What are u talking about man...

D

Dtucker34

[/QUOTE

D

Dtucker34

Thanks for the reply yea your right I've decided to keep all the same stuff just move it into a room that's not by my furnace so it wont be distributed thru my home and those rooms are sealed

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks for the reply yea your right I've decided to keep all the same stuff just move it into a room that's not by my furnace so it wont be distributed thru my home and those rooms are sealed
Unless you live in a mansion with wings the children don't enter inquisitive kids will figure it out. They'll wonder why your locked in a small room/closet admiring your crop or just a secret room they're not allowed in. Sounds a bit creepy dad (lol) Its not a short process, you'd better break them in gently or get caught with your pants down sorta speak. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm just saying keeping it hidden from children won't be as easy as just keeping the smell out of the house.

Fred Ziffle

Fred Ziffle

I use 6in exhaust fan with filter inside with piping running out the side and small 4in at top for intake and one clip fan in 2x4x5 tent and has done awesome taking the smell out. I have home nurses that come to home visits at times and was worried but wife said it worked greatšŸ‘

BigCube

BigCube

Or just be honest with your kids. Why hide it? People dont hide drinking or cigarettes from their kids. Hell smokers and drinkers do it right in front of their kids in the same room.

Once kids are old enough to talk about such things, they should be informed. Dont make a big deal about it, just show them the works, explain to them why you are doing it, and encourage them to ask questions.

The world is full of things kids arent allowed to do, they will understand if its coming from a place of love and respect.

Hope that helps šŸ˜€

D

Dtucker34

I definatly agree the kids should be educated on the subject that will come with time hopefully soon, as far as the kids being unaware of the setup is very likely they donot go into this portion of the house and its locked by 2 doors just to get to it and I have a pretty large home so it doesnt come off as dads creepy getaway lol with all the advice I've gotten I've decided to go with a 2x4 and stuck it in a already closed room cut off from my furnace and it will exhaust into a small storage room with 2 windows that I previously had customer built as a commercial paint booth and that worked well for paint fumes so I should be good I appreciate all the advice this was my first post and I'm loving this forum so far

Latest posts

Top Bottom