Air Flow Question with CAD / Drawings of My Grow Setup

• Thread starter Tarby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tarby

Tarby

Hello,
This is my setup. I have 2 grow rooms (larger top left and right rooms). And a veg room. Each room has 24 plants, RDWC. In the bottom left closet I have my reservoir / reserve tanks. Outside the closet door is a 1 HP water chiller temps set to 65ºF

Each grow room has 6 1000w HPS lights (outlined by the square foot print) My veg room has 4 ts1000 lights.

In the top left room I have a 30,000 BTU mini split. Also in that room is a 12" phat fan / filter that is ducted so it pushes cold air into the top right room to help cool it.

Each grow room has 4 hurricane oscillating fans (2 per left and right wall)

Right now I only have vents to help the air flow into the veg and back into the top left grow.

Only one grow room is on at a time. 12 on / 12 off
My temps in my top right room are approaching 82-84ºF during the 12 hour day cycle
This heats my veg room to 78ºF
My top left room maintains 73ºF during the 12 hour night cycle
I run my minisplit 24/7 at 68ºF

My question is, should I add another 12" phat fan / filter, and push/exhaust the air from the top right room back into the top left room, to create a constant clockwise air circulation or is there a better way of doing this? I'd like the two grow rooms to stay under 80ºF

Room sizes are approximately
Top Left (21'x11')
Top Right (16'x11')
Veg (7'x11')

This is in a basement. I wish to have maximum odor and temp control thanks!

Air flow question with cad  drawings of my grow setup
Air flow question with cad  drawings of my grow setup 2
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The problem with having air move in one direction (and passing thru multiple rooms) is that the rooms getting air later in the cycle will need more conditioning to be ideal. As the air passes from one room to the next the air is going to gain or lose heat and moisture as it travels. So what’s ideal in the first room is going to be different from what you get in subsequent rooms.

Tarby

Tarby

The problem with having air move in one direction (and passing thru multiple rooms) is that the rooms getting air later in the cycle will need more conditioning to be ideal. As the air passes from one room to the next the air is going to gain or lose heat and moisture as it travels. So what’s ideal in the first room is going to be different from what you get in subsequent rooms.

right, I just wanted the two grow rooms to exchange air. I’d cut out the veg since it has led lights. Unless someone has a better alternative

Top Bottom