Air flow setup for 8x4 tent

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ngrow20

Ngrow20

Setting up 8x4 tent. Was going to go with the 6” infinity for exhaust will that be efficient and what size should I use for air intake? Thanks

karolanne

karolanne

I asked the exact same question few days ago. I got no answer. Maybe you'll be luckier. I'll follow your thread.

karolanne

karolanne

What brand your tent? Just curious. Because I was contempling the infinity 8 inches. but the hydromars 4X8 tent has 4 and 6 inches exits...

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Setting up 8x4 tent. Was going to go with the 6” infinity for exhaust will that be efficient and what size should I use for air intake? Thanks
If budget allows, I would go with the 8 inch AC Infinity and grab a Controller 67 in the same go, the 6 inch will probably work fine but you can run the 8 on a lower setting with less noise.... Not that the AC Infinity are bad with noise though.

Bbonez

Bbonez

I think you can get away with a 6" exhaust and a 4" intake if you're on a budget. Unless your tent is 20 feet tall or something crazy, that will work fine.

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Thanks appreciate it. What about size of ac infinity for intake?
I think I would use a 6 inch if I could have it outside the tent and a 4 if inside because of size/space, the Controller 67 can be hooked up to both at the same time.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
you want as much in as out. if only some by fan then other vents or fans need to bring in some.

mostly that part is math. decide how many times you want your air exchanged. figure the area of the tent and check the cpm of the fan you are looking at. remember to make both numbers min or hour. if that is confusing, google an app or let google do it.

there is not much to guess about except your decision on how many times an hour it exchanges air.

next, use that number to figure how much needs to come in (those should equal) then how many inputs. then the math again. ie, if you use a 400 cpm you can pull in with a 200cpm and 4 4x10 vents (airflow and all works out with math for this use - cavitation and eddies and such wont matter for this use)

if in doubt, get your input and exhaust running, zip the tent and see if it sucks in (too much out, not enough in) or puffs out (too much in not enough out

so just google a decent amount of times to exchange the air and hour and just go by the numbers. this piece is math.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There is no one answer. It depends on the equipment used and conditions where the tent is located. And 8x4 I think would be safe to go 8"+ in most cases. You may get away with less but imo it's best to use something like a cloudiness that you can set for temp and humidity and if anything oversized a little. Reduces wear and tear, will be a bit quieter and will be assured it can acco polish the job.

With that said there are many calculators online to do just this.

Google cfm calculator and you will find many.

Madmax

Madmax

I thought just a linky should do .i cant even do those lol...spose your not allowed to do them boss..

Top Bottom