air in, light out? grow tent passive air intake ideas, please.

• Thread starter IamN2pot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

This would be nice but idk if it fits with socks. Good idea when they sell tents no socks and you can made own easily with this kit if tent is in small space this help lot.

I

IamN2pot

I love the light baffle idea. It looks like it allows a direct and unfiltered air flow while blocking out 100% of any outside light from entering. That's alot like the drawing from @Madmax, only in a round form. It looks like it would fit into a 6" (150mm) duct openings (socks). I did a bit of Google'ing for them, they aren't easy to find. The price is right, about $8 each, but they seem to be out of stock. Ideas for the tent sellers on this forum 💡 , @ACINFINITYINC and @SpiderFarmerLED, light baffles would be a nice accessory to offer.
I also have results on my latest 'black out curtain' proto-type. They cover the inside of the passive air vents very nicely. The outside vent covers, that come with the tent, are pinched along the sides to the bottom to form a bubble/bell shape that allows air flow into the vent. See the 3rd picture.
I turned on all the light I could in my garage, including headlights, crawled inside the tents, turned the light out and waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. Both the Spider Farmer tent and my tall tent were completely light proof around the vents. I tried it with the curtains tucked behind the tents water tray as well as with them over the water tray. See the pictures. I could see zero light coming into the tent from around them either way.

IMG 20221114 085006
IMG 20221114 085354

IMG 20221114 152048
IMG 20221114 154731

IMG 20221114 152620
IMG 20221114 155147

sportyridr

sportyridr

I love the light baffle idea. It looks like it allows a direct and unfiltered air flow while blocking out 100% of any outside light from entering. That's alot like the drawing from @Madmax, only in a round form. It looks like it would fit into a 6" (150mm) duct openings (socks). I did a bit of Google'ing for them, they aren't easy to find. The price is right, about $8 each, but they seem to be out of stock. Ideas for the tent sellers on this forum 💡 , @ACINFINITYINC and @SpiderFarmerLED, light baffles would be a nice accessory to offer.
I also have results on my latest 'black out curtain' proto-type. They cover the inside of the passive air vents very nicely. The outside vent covers, that come with the tent, are pinched along the sides to the bottom to form a bubble/bell shape that allows air flow into the vent. See the 3rd picture.
I turned on all the light I could in my garage, including headlights, crawled inside the tents, turned the light out and waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness. Both the Spider Farmer tent and my tall tent were completely light proof around the vents. I tried it with the curtains tucked behind the tents water tray as well as with them over the water tray. See the pictures. I could see zero light coming into the tent from around them either way.

View attachment 1304571 View attachment 1304572
View attachment 1304573 View attachment 1304575
View attachment 1304574 View attachment 1304576

I have done the same as you have here, glued hook n loop to tent & cut black fabric pot to size and attached...I don't have a pic and its lights out yet...same as you here but with a fab pot 👍
Still a work in progress, now it's winter...no RH worries...spring we'll get back to it...nice work you have done, I've been jackin around with this forever.

other idea I used: Picture a large dryer vent at sharp downward angle that leaves a 1 to 2" opening at almost floor level that attaches to outside...I made one out of cardboard and taped it on the rear over vent of old tent, worked like that for 2 years until I took it down

The last thing I have looked at was darkroom type louvers or a DIY version...saw a good one using the plastic interior corner protectors spaced, these last ideas are a bit more pricey

Edit: someone mentioned this as an accessory for these tents, it should be standard with every tent IMO

sportyridr

sportyridr

I have done the same as you have here, glued hook n loop to tent & cut black fabric pot to size and attached...I don't have a pic and its lights out yet...same as you here but with a fab pot 👍
Still a work in progress, now it's winter...no RH worries...spring we'll get back to it...nice work you have done, I've been jackin around with this forever.

other idea I used: Picture a large dryer vent at sharp downward angle that leaves a 1 to 2" opening at almost floor level that attaches to outside...I made one out of cardboard and taped it on the rear over vent of old tent, worked like that for 2 years until I took it down

The last thing I have looked at was darkroom type louvers or a DIY version...saw a good one using the plastic interior corner protectors spaced, these last ideas are a bit more pricey

Edit: someone mentioned this as an accessory for these tents, it should be standard with every tent IMO
Photo of current cover with fab pot
20221120 191621

M

Mr.Growlympia

No one knows how to use these tents properly, you see the giant hole next to the screen that’s for air intake during flower . The screen is for vegging, when you’re ready to go 12/12 you hook up another carbon filter to the intake, the carbon filter will block light from leaking out or in. It’s simple and the filters are cheaper than all these headache ideas people come up with .

IMG 3211
Top Bottom