Air lines/manifolds/pump Recommendation.

• Thread starter BluntsenBurner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluntsenBurner

BluntsenBurner

Hey, like the title says need some help with my air lines, new to DWC, but experienced with soil and for hydroponic I’ve been growing in Hempy Buckets for the last few years so I’m keen on hydro nutrients/bacteria, I have a completely climate controlled room and all that jazz.

I’m planning on doing a recirc drip feed with air stones at the bottom, that means I’ll need two air lines going to each plant. Now being new to DWC, my question is what’s the best way to do this with like 8 plants? Is there a pump anyone can recommend that will be sufficient for a couple of big manifolds coming off a single pump for 16 lines going to 8 plants? Should I just use a single manifold or will that be too much for so many lines? That sounds like the easiest way but looking for some advice on how to set up these air supply lines in the most effective way.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey, like the title says need some help with my air lines, new to DWC, but experienced with soil and for hydroponic I’ve been growing in Hempy Buckets for the last few years so I’m keen on hydro nutrients/bacteria, I have a completely climate controlled room and all that jazz.

I’m planning on doing a recirc drip feed with air stones at the bottom, that means I’ll need two air lines going to each plant. Now being new to DWC, my question is what’s the best way to do this with like 8 plants? Is there a pump anyone can recommend that will be sufficient for a couple of big manifolds coming off a single pump for 16 lines going to 8 plants? Should I just use a single manifold or will that be too much for so many lines? That sounds like the easiest way but looking for some advice on how to set up these air supply lines in the most effective way.
So the first question is which is more important to you, lower noise and heat or lower cost?

These are expensive but almost silent and don't add much heat to the surrounding area:

This one is in the middle

These are loud and hot but cheap because 1 pump will handle 8 plants. With the other 2 at the top, you will probably need 2 of each.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

For air lines, I recommend this if you are looking for quality:

When you put them in, you will want to measure the longest run first, cut that tube to length and then cut all the others the same length or you will get uneven air flow. Short lines get lots long runs get less.

steamroller

steamroller

Best air pumps for the money and quietest .
You will not regret this pump.
I am a fish breeder and all I use is Alita . 💪

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Amazon.com I like moes last option. One pump can run multiple systems and be placed far away without loosing much.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Screenshot 20220501 191506 Google

Latest posts

Top Bottom