Air pots and drip water automation

• Thread starter Blazein1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Blazein1

I’m currently running 3 5 gal AirPots with ocean forest and perlite. I know my plans to do so much better if I could use a drip water procedure. Does anyone recommend a product that I can use to automate this process. I see several on Amazon but thought I would ask the pros! Thanks for the help

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m currently running 3 5 gal AirPots with ocean forest and perlite. I know my plans to do so much better if I could use a drip water procedure. Does anyone recommend a product that I can use to automate this process. I see several on Amazon but thought I would ask the pros! Thanks for the help
Lots of options easy to make yourself if your inclined to. Other than that if it delivers water to the plants and has a timer it will work

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You can get a simple drip system going with a pump, some 1/4 poly tubing, irrigation manifold, and some irrigation drip emitters. I used 4x 1/2gal per hour drip emitters per pot. That means if I ran the pump for an hour the plant would receive 1/2 gal x 4= 2 gallons in an hr. You break down the math and that’s 1 gal in a half hour and a half gallon in 15 mins. You figure out the math on the type of emitters you get and then set the timer to give how ever much water you desire. It takes some dialing in but soooo worth it! I’ve also used the hydro lock drip irrigation system which is really nice too. That’s the basics of it anyway. Hope that helped some?

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Oh ya and don’t forget to make sure you res doesn’t turn into a siphon and flood your grow area. At work or I could explain further but maybe someone can fill in

B

Blazein1

Thanks y’all I understand the concept and can DIY it now.

Top Bottom