Air stones

• Thread starter Smarp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smarp

Smarp

I'm new to growing, 2 soil grows,1 coco and now 1/2 way through flowering 1st time autos in 1st time rdwc... question is...WTF is going on with my air stones... I think I'm pretty intelligent but it pisses me off that when I see this...why is my airstones furthest away from the pump producing the most air????.... normally the closer the more pressure/volume something will have...but with my 6 air stones the furthest ones have the most air and growth to show for it(1 foot taller), then less in the next 2 buckets that are closer with shorter plants then the closest are again smaller and the stones produce even less air. I'm baffled and waited for an explanation that will make me feel stupid.... 1-1/2" return piping starting at 1 bucket through the remaining 5 then to a res. Res pumps 400gph to 1st bucket then gravity through return piping. 13,500LPH air pump to 1 stone in each of the 6 buckets then 2 stones in the res. Enlighten me please.

Nugg

Nugg

Dirty air.. plugged up...air stones are a joke and junk.you should think about changing system a little and throw air stones and pump out..not needed..your one plant isn't growing faster because it's getting more air...it is what it is... maybe male they grow faster..
IMG 20200309 133322

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I simplified by combining a smallish pump into a plastic bottle half filled with platonic solids and small marbles. This is on a separate timer. In addition to creating non co2 air, it ricrulates the nutes in the rez.

You just need to work out what size bottle, how many holes and which size pump

IMG 4881 2
Top Bottom