airoclean420 for powdery mildew?

• Thread starter aroundtheworld
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aroundtheworld

aroundtheworld

So I'm looking into preventatives for powdery mildew, blight etc. I have a few organic fungicides on deck. This unit came across in my google search. https://www.airoclean420.com/airo-home-hobby-grow/

It states it has NASA technology and is better than HEPA at cleaning toxins from the air, am I reading through rosy glasses? There are no reviews on it, and I can't find it on any forum. Has anyone used one? I'd prefer this to a fungicide.. I currently pay about 400.00 US per gallon. I've explored UV-C lights as an option, but I'm a bit apprehensive due to the lack of study and the risks are quite a bit higher than spraying HP(going blind.) The 1k price tag is hefty, but the upkeep is not bad, and I would prefer it to spending so much time spraying and preventative measures.

Thanks!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've never heard of the product you're referencing but it seems best suited to a sealed grow room. Most growers I know including several pros use sulphur burners to prevent PM. Super cheap, and super effective, especially if used along side regalia.

aroundtheworld

aroundtheworld

haha yea I've seen your advocacy of it throughout the forums. I personally don't want to spray sulphur and would rather ditch the plants than smoke it myself(not knocking it, it IS effective, just too harsh for my liking. If I'm back in a few years because I've caught a super resistant strain or something I might be tooting a different horn.)

I like the products I am currently using that have been effective. I prefer gardening with less clothing on, not a hazmat suit. It would be for a sealed grow room. Hoping to find someone who has it currently in their grow room, or has heard of the technology and would be able to provide feedback on it in that they have had to use less preventative/none at all, and any kind of other changes they have noted.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
This is all I needed to read off there site to understand what they are selling,
“ patented bio-conversion reactor”

I do have some oceanfront property for sale in Arizona.......if your interested:)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
haha yea I've seen your advocacy of it throughout the forums. I personally don't want to spray sulphur and would rather ditch the plants than smoke it myself(not knocking it, it IS effective, just too harsh for my liking. If I'm back in a few years because I've caught a super resistant strain or something I might be tooting a different horn.)

I like the products I am currently using that have been effective. I prefer gardening with less clothing on, not a hazmat suit. It would be for a sealed grow room. Hoping to find someone who has it currently in their grow room, or has heard of the technology and would be able to provide feedback on it in that they have had to use less preventative/none at all, and any kind of other changes they have noted.

Do some research before you discount it. It's actually good for the pants and completely absorbed and metabolized in about 10 days. It just "sounds" harsh.

R

redshift75

ive installed those before. Its basically a uv air purifier. Just get a UV air purifier. Although its a terrible time to buy them right now.

R

redshift75

honestly reading into that company i dont like them. There marketing isnt of my favor. When you goto their non cannabis version of the product " The air purifying technology in Airocide was proven to kill 99.999987% of Bacillus thuringiensis, a close cousin to the anthrax bacteria, in a single pass through its reactor. "

then goes on to say

" Air purification and removal of air contamination occurs by multiple air passages through the AiroCide system’s photocatalytic chamber where a chemical reaction takes place yielding more than 99.99% pure air that then mixes with remaining contaminated air. A pure – to – contaminated mixing then occurs multiple times over several hours resulting in the lowering of both solid particles and gaseous contamination in the total space. "

Idk the 99.99% standard can be applied all over. Seems like they are reaching. Either way id go with a merv rated system that utilizes UV. trio2000 seems better. only real difference would be a PCO chamber. or air pura. Something more believable to the sq ft. rating. IDK when i installed it was for a guy who was slinging shit at the wall with someone elses endless funds. So would i say it was worth it. IDK. but come from a design standpoint. Id personally go a different route. Id go merv 15 make a UV scrubber Cycle the air. basically if i added UV to my system i built ID have that. Now with this topic i think i may add UV to my filtration system since its a cheap enough mod.

All in all its not a bad system either way you go. its a very user friendly easy to use system that only requires changing uv bulbs regularly. Im not sure how much better their system is than others. But its negligible and preference at end of the day. Lots of ways to clean and scrub air is dozens of ways to skin that cat. That are all pretty common at the core. Good luck in your search. :)

R

redshift75

Oh to add to that both those system pre corona were cheaper. But they are rated higher square footage, etc.

MKNL

MKNL

honestly reading into that company i dont like them. There marketing isnt of my favor. When you goto their non cannabis version of the product " The air purifying technology in Airocide was proven to kill 99.999987% of Bacillus thuringiensis, a close cousin to the anthrax bacteria, in a single pass through its reactor. "

then goes on to say

" Air purification and removal of air contamination occurs by multiple air passages through the AiroCide system’s photocatalytic chamber where a chemical reaction takes place yielding more than 99.99% pure air that then mixes with remaining contaminated air. A pure – to – contaminated mixing then occurs multiple times over several hours resulting in the lowering of both solid particles and gaseous contamination in the total space. "

Idk the 99.99% standard can be applied all over. Seems like they are reaching. Either way id go with a merv rated system that utilizes UV. trio2000 seems better. only real difference would be a PCO chamber. or air pura. Something more believable to the sq ft. rating. IDK when i installed it was for a guy who was slinging shit at the wall with someone elses endless funds. So would i say it was worth it. IDK. but come from a design standpoint. Id personally go a different route. Id go merv 15 make a UV scrubber Cycle the air. basically if i added UV to my system i built ID have that. Now with this topic i think i may add UV to my filtration system since its a cheap enough mod.

All in all its not a bad system either way you go. its a very user friendly easy to use system that only requires changing uv bulbs regularly. Im not sure how much better their system is than others. But its negligible and preference at end of the day. Lots of ways to clean and scrub air is dozens of ways to skin that cat. That are all pretty common at the core. Good luck in your search. :)
Very late, as I just get on this forum. Airocide is the ONLY unit which can handle powdery mildew. The PCO is very key! Any mildew, virus, bacteria going in, will not be coming out.

H

hdwarr

I've never heard of the product you're referencing but it seems best suited to a sealed grow room. Most growers I know including several pros use sulphur burners to prevent PM. Super cheap, and super effective, especially if used along side regalia.
so do you use a sulphur burner in your bud room, and it dont affect the taste

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
so do you use a sulphur burner in your bud room, and it dont affect the taste
I dont as a general practice, I usually discontinue burns by the time the plants are making buds.
But I have used a burner in flower before on a crop with a PM infection, carefully, and it did not affect the taste at all. If anything it was an extra tasty crop.
I did short burns of about 20-30mins, once every few days iirc. And did the last burn 7-10days before chop, I can't exactly remember how long I waited, but at least 7 days before you crop you need to stop burning so the plants can assimilate the sulphur.
The plant will absorb and use the it as a nutrient, and as long as you don't go overboard and keep it to short little puffs every 2-3 days, it will keep PM from growing and not impact the finished crop. In my opinion, it can even enhance terpenes if you don't overuse it.

H

hdwarr

So I'm looking into preventatives for powdery mildew, blight etc. I have a few organic fungicides on deck. This unit came across in my google search. https://www.airoclean420.com/airo-home-hobby-grow/

It states it has NASA technology and is better than HEPA at cleaning toxins from the air, am I reading through rosy glasses? There are no reviews on it, and I can't find it on any forum. Has anyone used one? I'd prefer this to a fungicide.. I currently pay about 400.00 US per gallon. I've explored UV-C lights as an option, but I'm a bit apprehensive due to the lack of study and the risks are quite a bit higher than spraying HP(going blind.) The 1k price tag is hefty, but the upkeep is not bad, and I would prefer it to spending so much time spraying and preventative measures.

Thanks!
hey did you ever buy one of these

H

hdwarr

I dont as a general practice, I usually discontinue burns by the time the plants are making buds.
But I have used a burner in flower before on a crop with a PM infection, carefully, and it did not affect the taste at all. If anything it was an extra tasty crop.
I did short burns of about 20-30mins, once every few days iirc. And did the last burn 7-10days before chop, I can't exactly remember how long I waited, but at least 7 days before you crop you need to stop burning so the plants can assimilate the sulphur.
The plant will absorb and use the it as a nutrient, and as long as you don't go overboard and keep it to short little puffs every 2-3 days, it will keep PM from growing and not impact the finished crop. In my opinion, it can even enhance terpenes if you don't overuse it.
thanks for getting back so fast

Latest posts

Top Bottom