Airpot containers?

• Thread starter TrailerTrash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

I ve been seeing alot of farmers going to this type of container.

heard with coco it is great..anyone??

Air-Pots - Information

These revolutionary plant growing containers are featured here with images, design, uses and availability information intended for plant fanciers, gardeners, and retailers.
The Air-Pots
Containers
Air-Cells
One Gallon
3 and 4 Gallon
7 and 10 Gallon
Larger Sizes
The Results
Super Roots
Healthy Trees

Feel free to browse and enjoy this site. If you are interested in buying Air-Pots, see the terms of purchase.
Updates

This site is updated regularly. Any new information about these remarkable containers, including new sources for them, will be published here when available.
Trees in Air-Pots

All of the pictured examples of plants and/or trees were actually grown by us in these containers. The Rainbow Eucalyptus trees shown here are available for sale on our sister site, Rainbow Eucalyptus. For additional information on purchasing Air-Pots, please see the Purchase Page.
Caledonian Tree Company

The Air-Pots are manufactured by the Caledonian Tree Company in Scotland, and imported into the USA. Please visit Superoots.com for details on the originators of the Air-Pot.

© 2006 by Aroidia Research

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Elite was using these and the plants were looking very nice

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

ya i saw elites

your right..zoolander.

iam always lookin for the best results...on this website this is the cuttin edge everything!!

your stuff always lookin beyond BOMB ZOO!!:confused0054:

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks Trailer Trash...I've been looking to buy these for some time now, but have been unable to purchase anything but wholesale. Looks like smaller retail purchases can be set up through that site tho. Thanks a lot man.
Air pruning the roots has basically the same effect below the surface of the soil to the roots as pruning the plant above ground has on the branching. Funny how that works eh? :sun
Thanks again TT. Very helpful thread.
I think Herbalizor has been using them as well with good results.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey TT , did I go by Zoolander at WT ? I had a nic their about 3 years ago but I might have used Zoo also . Thanx for the kind words my friend

T

Thomas_Paine

I have been using something of the same idea for like a year. Smartpots are what they are called. Dont know if they are cheaper,but check them out. Those look pretty stylish all the same. www.smartpots.com

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep I am loving the Airpots. Check out my elite thread.

B

baggins

after seeing herbi and EG's setup I bought a bunch myself. I decided to see if it made a difference for myself and I'm running regular pot and airpot side by side. FF soil and organic nutes.

U

ukcheesehead

im going to use them when i next do a grow like ive said in herbs thread .. least now u dont have to order £500 worth . progrow will have them next week for single sales 7.5lt and 12.5 lt pots

L

LTG

Are these only for soil use or can a soil-less mix be used? Do they leak water out of the sides or bottom?

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

medium

all mediums except hydroton...put some coco mat on the bottom...

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Work alot better with coco imo. Water pisses out when using Plagron Royalty mix.

And I find its best not to use a coco mat. Just pile the coco in there, it all stays in place. But a coco mat shouldnt hurt if your worried.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

matt

thinkin cut to fit airfilter media might do as well:nerd

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Im thinken Smart Pots would be better IMO.You dont have to worry about one bit of soil falling out, they're cheaper, they also air prune the roots, easy to clean(washing machine) ect......

S

Skunkenstein

Smart Pots..

Give these a try.I did 3, 30gal. outdoors with excellent results.And many friends are slowly converting from solid containers to these..They work exactly as advertised.The root-growth is unbelievable!! Your plants will turn into 'Bushes', whether you want them too, or not !!! I would like to see the Company put Zippers down the sides, because the rootball is actually tough to get out of the material after Harvest, its so solid with roots !!I had to use a shovel and axe to break-up my outdoor rootballs..No Joke!!The only Negative I see...If one needs to transplant, its problematic,the rootball wont just slide out like it would in a hard plastic container, without disturbing the roots..Hence the need for zippers down one or both sides.

L

LTG

Good input guys, appreciate the tips and sharing your experiences with these.

Top Bottom