AK74 Problems Strange Symptoms What Do I Do

• Thread starter dougie1987
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dougie1987

Hello hope you're doing well

I've only grown a couple plants so I'm pretty new. I have this sick AK74 growing in foxfarm coco coir. Been growing slow. Some of the smaller leaves are growing at weird angles, curly, with holes in some of the top and mid growth. Around the circumference of the holes it's orange, as if it's been chemically burned(?). I amended the coir with extra perlite, and a couple tablespoons of gaia green general fertilizer near the bottom of the pot. It's been growing in a 5 gallon plastic pot that has 40 holes, one fourth of an inch in size drilled into the bottom for about a month and a half. I PH my water with a pen, (calibrated to .1 accuracy) closer to 5.5 most of the time, and water it either every 3-4 days, or as the water dries up. The roots are starting to come out of the bottom of the pot.

I have not added any nutrient supplements since I added the amendments, I may have to do that as I water now that I think about it. I've topped it a number of times and it has split in half twice, so I've had to mend it with a zip tie, but that was two weeks ago and it is healed. I don't know if that amount of stress would cause this sort of thing to happen. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it is the cause. I'm going to inoculate it with mycorrhizae soon and transfer it to a fabric pot. I don't know if I should add any compost tea, or anything similar for more beneficial bacteria. Here's a video as to what I'm talking about. This is how the plant looks under white light, but it is always growing with red and blue light as well.

What should I do? Let me know if I can provide you with more pictures, details or anything else that would help with a diagnosis. Thank you very much for reading!

Top Bottom