AKBB seeds five word thread

• Thread starter FuriousStyles
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

This is my grow of Durban Thai High Flyer F4 (DTHF for short) from AK Bean Brains finishing. This is day 94 since flip to 13/11 and day 82 of flower. These plants have been a breeze to grow. Very robust in both veg and flower. You will need serious training skills to keep these in check while you wait for them to mature enough for flower. Feeding got off a little on these, being the first grow I did not realize how P hungry they would be. So much so, I should have tripled my normal P feed. Could have been a ph lockout and the next run I will keep Cal to a very bare minimum. Seems like the breeder was going for aroma more so than uniformity of plants. The plants were not way off from each other, just variance in shape of bud more so than height or vigor. All 4 pheno's were different in their own way, one being seriously foxtailed, one being a more commercial looking, and the two I got pictures of, a large round bud and a long spear bud. All of these had different nutrient needs with two being more hungry than the other two. All four had the exact same aroma, of a black licorice jellybean, and two had a stronger fruity undertone, which was present to a lesser degree, in the other two. A quick dry sample at 10 weeks was a really good sky high ride, and the flavor was there, just seemed to be muted by not drying as I normally would. That sample convinced me to take them all the way to the finish. Breeder recommendation was 77 days, and of the two pictured, the first is ready, but the second looks like it could go a week or two more. Only one gets to stay though, and I am leaning towards the quicker finishers, 13-14 weeks is such a niche plant compared to others that finish in 8-10 weeks, 11 is doable, but I will reserve judgement till its dried properly and sampled. So far I am VERY satisfied with this strain.

Spear Pheno
Akbb seeds five word thread

Spear close

Round bud
Akbb seeds five word thread 3

Round close

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Wanted to finish this grow off properly so I came back to revisit. The pheno in the first two pictures above would be the keeper for me. It kept its smell and flavor all the way through cure. Shelf life is a real thing and this one checked that box. The licorice smells and flavors that seemed up front to begin with gave way to the fruity in the end with this pheno. Reminds me of cherry blunt power spray. Really weird how it turned into that after curing, still a licorice smell and taste, but the fruity really over rides that now. The buds are oily now in the jar as well and would probably be a really flavorful extract. This bud is after I re-ran it.
DTHF

The high is really good, but it has a ceiling and after a month (and more) smoking it, tolerance becomes a real issue. It still does it's job, but only the first medication of the day, after that you never get back to that first smoking, and usually just end up sleepy. Don't get it twisted, its good smoke, as I said though, tolerance becomes a real issue. Everyone really likes it, maybe because its so different from other stuff out there and the high is really good. That is till tolerance steps in. I still have some of the original seeds left if I want to revisit it again, and I allowed the Katanga to spread a little love to the keeper pheno as well so I have another F1 to get into. Poly x Poly I know, but it has 3 different Africans and a Thai going for it not to mention Cindy and Ak47. It would never be uniform, but there could be some treasure buried in there as a cut for sure. Right now though, its a little long flowering for me to search and find that and I have other things I would rather explore.

T

twistedone

Thanks for the info, I needed that! Its very hard to find good info on some of their stuff but they do have a nice list at a good price. Iv been looking at picking up their DTHF F4 to run along side their DURBAN F4. They do seem easy to do business with (in my opnion). Iv got more of their stuff yet to run and hopefully that time will come. I wonder if someone else has a better DTHF or maybe the DTHF x C99 cross? Or do you think its just the DTHF make-up itself? Anyway it sounds good lol. A lot of their higher sativa strains they tell you ot will run that long. I just put in a order and the timeframe on some were crazy but if its for yourself then maybe its worth the wait (in my opnion).
I know older post but thanks anyways for the much needed info and pictures. Its a huge before hand insight at what ill be looking at if I go that route. Thanks

Top Bottom