Alaska Brand Pure Kelp During Flower????

• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Ok so lot of conflicting opinions on kelp online. Has anyone actually used pure kelp in flower stage and what were the pros and cons.

All my researching leads to potassium not phosphorus being what actually swells and solidifies buds. This is not just weed research. It is key to all fruiting and budding on all plants. Where phosphorus' main use is to promote growth of sites to actually flower from not to feed the actual flower.
Ive read people say not to use kelp in flower cause it will taste like seaweed( speaking of foliar use). And also that it makes plants hermie. ( because of its own plant horomones). On the other hand some people say they have used it and seen explosive results during tge swell phase of flowering and that a proper flush leaves no traces of it in flavor of the bud. I am running low potassium and need to bring numbers up in the k. So i want to add k alone. All other sources of potassium come with crazy high percentages of nitrogen.
Any experiences appreciated. Im about to hit my mix with kelp. Hope to get some experienced opinions before i do. Im in week 5 of 10 flower.
I searched the forums and noone on here has had anything near this topic on kelp during flower. So all input is useful not just to me but for everyone here that may come accross this idea. Thanks in advance for all responses.

NHWhites

NHWhites

I'm using it a little as a soil drench during flower. It's not a good idea to foliage spray anything during flower. I'll report back on any issues...in 4-6 weeks lol

xenon730

xenon730

Bro, everyone using kelp these days during flower. It's also in basically every common booster and nutrient line. It absolutely will not cause hermies lol, that's a definite myth. Its beneficial during flower and increases growth rates, rooting, and bud quality. It's one of the few scientifically proven boosters out there. Using kelp as a source of k is a fine idea. Organic and full of micronutrients. I've use kelp in about all its forms in my gardens, cannabis and not. You use any bloom boosters or anything like that? Might already be using it too. Kelp is the sht and cannabis loves it in all stages of life.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I try not to foliar anything. Even in veg I only spray water.
Bro, everyone using kelp these days during flower. It's also in basically every common booster and nutrient line. It absolutely will not cause hermies lol, that's a definite myth. Its beneficial during flower and increases growth rates, rooting, and bud quality. It's one of the few scientifically proven boosters out there. Using kelp as a source of k is a fine idea. Organic and full of micronutrients. I've use kelp in about all its forms in my gardens, cannabis and not. You use any bloom boosters or anything like that? Might already be using it too. Kelp is the sht and cannabis loves it in all stages of life.
yeah I am running AN bud blood bud candy and rhino skin. With cal mag here n there. But overall numbers add up to 1-10-1 which is why I want to boost the k. I have beastie bloomz0-50-30 too but don't use it. I used it once at 1/4 strength.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I try not to foliar anything. Even in veg I only spray water.

yeah I am running AN bud blood bud candy and rhino skin. With cal mag here n there. But overall numbers add up to 1-10-1 which is why I want to boost the k. I have beastie bloomz0-50-30 too but don't use it. I used it once at 1/4 strength.
I figured the hermie stuff was bs.

Monster762

Monster762

I'm just trying to be sure I don't mess nothing up about to start week 6 flower. Breeder says 10 weeks on my strain. Green crack. The indica dominant version not sativa.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

This Alaskan is great for flower. The Alaskan kelp meal in the green bottle is great for veg. You wouldn't want to use it during flower it's a nitrogen Power House.

20170904 185614
dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I think Alaskan liquid kelp meal is great but I wouldn't use it late in flower.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Kelp should be used very early ..... over 200 trace minerals / nutrients. Anyone questioning kelp is having issues driven by another source / very bad information.

It allows better nutrient uptake as it breaks down into soil, conditions and stimulate microbes. And its great for plants defenses that are needed later ...

But this is pure kelp / dry. Not mixed with anything else can't speak towards product mixing in other elements.

Top Bottom