Alaskan thunder fuck

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Any one have experience with this strain?
Got a buddy that swears it’s the shit to smoke.
is it available in seed?
Would it be worth the time to grow?
I have no experience whatsoever with this strain.
but if it gets good reviews I’ll give it a shot.

D

dokgonzo

had some in shatter form. very nice but when its shatter, theres a lot less to be said abnout the strain itself. its definatly a worthy strain though

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
had some in shatter form. very nice but when its shatter, theres a lot less to be said abnout the strain itself. its definatly a worthy strain though
Thanks bro, my buddy vapes it says it’s fire.

bunkerking

bunkerking

Any one have experience with this strain?
Got a buddy that swears it’s the shit to smoke.
is it available in seed?
Would it be worth the time to grow?
I have no experience whatsoever with this strain.
but if it gets good reviews I’ll give it a shot.

Its pretty darn good.

Personally, I think a true Chemdog 91 is the best.
Just to give you an idea what I personally like.

I dont think its like the holy grail but yah. Its pretty darn good. :)
Worth growing if you can get ahold of it.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Its pretty darn good.

Personally, I think a true Chemdog 91 is the best.
Just to give you an idea what I personally like.

I dont think its like the holy grail but yah. Its pretty darn good. :)
Worth growing if you can get ahold of it.
So far so good, I guess the challenge is finding it now:)

bunkerking

bunkerking

Yah on the west coast its pretty popular. not sure where you are at.

Its one of those 90s* strains, so if you can find a cut.
Where someone already preselected one, best choice.

Not sure on seeds sorry.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So far so good, I guess the challenge is finding it now:)
It would be tough to find a proper seed form as it really is a clone only plant. There are some companies selling a Matanuksa or Alaskan Thuderfuck, but they are some sort of cross. Bodhi has Appalachia Thunderfuck and Sagarmatha released Matanuska Mist quite a while ago. Those may be good starting points for seeds.

Bodean

Bodean

I grew this cross.
Screenshot 20191226 162800 Chrome

It was pretty potent. Very piney.

Curly1

Curly1

Alaska Thunder Fuck is a myth. I’m sure there are some good stains that carry this desirable name but originally in Matsu Alaska everything that was considered quality weed was called Matinuska Thunderfuck. Most of this weed probably came up from California during our oil boom. There were, and still are, some very good growers in the Matsu Valley. The name for marketing purposes has been changed to Alaska Thunderfuck.
I can drive to five different dispensaries here in Matsu, Alaska and get 5 different Thunderfucks. If you’re a grower in Alaska and you want to double your sales name your shit Thunderfuck and it will sell. I know many good growers who have been doing this for decades. It doesn’t hurt anyone and I’d guess many other popular stains from the states have similar origins. At some point there may be one Thunderfuck but for now it’s just a great name.

OjoDeMalo

OjoDeMalo

got a cut a couple years back. from an old hippie that had been growing this clone since the 80s. Nothing else grows like it/looks like it/smells like it. I've been back crossing onto the original clone, into the 6th BX now. starting to grow out and look like the mother plant. might have it stable in a couple more crosses.

Cut 31
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ive always heard good things about Portland although my only experience their has been the airport.Its one of alaska airs favorite hubs,looks great from above.
Homelessness and crime is over the top.
Things look fine and dandy til live here.
I guess I look at it differently because I’ve lived here 49+ years.
My wife works downtown, I made her get a concealed license permit because of downtown.
I live in the outer banks of the coast range. Everything was great out here till they shoved the max line out here.
Then came all the homeless, gangs and crime.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Alaska Thunder Fuck is a myth. I’m sure there are some good stains that carry this desirable name but originally in Matsu Alaska everything that was considered quality weed was called Matinuska Thunderfuck. Most of this weed probably came up from California during our oil boom. There were, and still are, some very good growers in the Matsu Valley. The name for marketing purposes has been changed to Alaska Thunderfuck.
I can drive to five different dispensaries here in Matsu, Alaska and get 5 different Thunderfucks. If you’re a grower in Alaska and you want to double your sales name your shit Thunderfuck and it will sell. I know many good growers who have been doing this for decades. It doesn’t hurt anyone and I’d guess many other popular stains from the states have similar origins. At some point there may be one Thunderfuck but for now it’s just a great name.
Tha original Matanuska Thunderfuck was NOT a myth... I have been growing it for the last nearly 40 years. I don't know if it is the same as the "Alaska" Thunderfuck, but this strain was given to me by an Alaskan pipeline worker, who said it was pretty popular and available at the time. Keep in mind, at the time, there were no Skunk# 1s, No Northern Lights... other than Panama Red, Colombian Gold, or Jamaican Redbud, existed yet. It appears to be a Sativa heavy mix that finishes fairly quickly once it turns. While it is strong, VERY strong VS the smoke available at the time, it isn't nearly as strong as it's legendary status might conjure up. It's an old strain and I have been fortunate in finding a few seeds from every grow until I did the clone thing. It grows pretty tall and turns purple-ish in colder weather.
No Bullshit.

Mayanuska
Curly1

Curly1

The growers in this valley have a well earned reputation for growthing top shelf weed. I’m sure a lot of our various genetics made their way outside where they were sworn to be “Matanuska Thunderfuck”. I’m in no way disparaging the quality of your weed, I’m just telling you with certainty that MTF is a collective term that was used to describe weed grown in this particular area. I personally know two of the original growers who were here before the Alaska Pipeline.

We didn’t use to name weed like we do now. There was “good weed” and “ditch weed.” If you got lucky you’d find skunk or some other exotic but that was a real treat.
50 years later weed has been improved apon dramatically by people who know how to do such things. The last while we’ve been hearing this MTF (and more recently Alaska Thunderfuck) term thrown around by folks who truly don’t know shit. The truth of the matter is, MANY other genetics probably have the same questionable history. With the improved ability to communicate and record (Internet) this should become less commonplace moving forward.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The growers in this valley have a well earned reputation for growthing top shelf weed. I’m sure a lot of our various genetics made their way outside where they were sworn to be “Matanuska Thunderfuck”. I’m in no way disparaging the quality of your weed, I’m just telling you with certainty that MTF is a collective term that was used to describe weed grown in this particular area. I personally know two of the original growers who were here before the Alaska Pipeline.

We didn’t use to name weed like we do now. There was “good weed” and “ditch weed.” If you got lucky you’d find skunk or some other exotic but that was a real treat.
50 years later weed has been improved apon dramatically by people who know how to do such things. The last while we’ve been hearing this MTF (and more recently Alaska Thunderfuck) term thrown around by folks who truly don’t know shit. The truth of the matter is, MANY other genetics probably have the same questionable history. With the improved ability to communicate and record (Internet) this should become less commonplace moving forward.
As I mentioned in my original post, this strain was brought back before people had names for most strains. This probably would have happened too if not for High Times Magazine, which kind of brought some of this locally made weed to a more informed audience. maui Wowie, Matanuska, and several others fall under the same general guidelines and named after their origins, not their flavors! When I got the original seeds, they were given to me as "good weed from Alaska". The only weed from Alaska that anyone ever heard of was Matanuska Thunderfuck, hence the name that I was given fr it. Otherwise it would have been known as the good Alaskan dope from years ago. Myself, I really don't follow most of the strains of today, but the older ones are getting hard to find. By luck and good fortune I have kept the same bloodline going from the 70s, although there might be 8 year gaps between some grows. I would like to find the original genetics for these, but I suspect that they were probably from Colombia/Panama/Mexico originally, which was the origin of most smoke back then. I was surprised to note how similar the two pictures were of each other... the Alaska and the Matauska varieties.

Curly1

Curly1

Yours is likely part of that original weed that was grown here. It may interest you to know that there is a local premium weed that has direct connection to those three original growers. It’s called “Palmer Lovechild”. A growers widow gave it to a lady grower in Palmer Alaska after her husband passed. She mixed it with Northers Lights and renamed it. She shared it with my mentor who gave me a clone. This is one of those “secret favorites” growers don’t like shared. I don’t have this genetic currently but it would be interesting to compare this Palmer Lovechild to your genetic. PLC is is a name that will be something when it’s “discovered” but for now it’s just good local.

Hatecrow

Hatecrow

I worked in Alaska in the 80's crab fishing and I heard the tails of Thunderfuck. We smoke a lot of bud everyday but it was all awesome greenbud shipped up from Washington state. I don't think I ever tried MTF.

OjoDeMalo

OjoDeMalo

I worked in Alaska in the 80's crab fishing and I heard the tails of Thunderfuck. We smoke a lot of bud everyday but it was all awesome greenbud shipped up from Washington state. I don't think I ever tried MTF.
Bellingham had great weed in the 80s. KGB!

Top Bottom