Alfalfa tea, triacontanol, and plant root zone uptake availability.

• Thread starter firetreez12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
firetreez12

firetreez12

Hey sorry I’m new and confused to the site so I apologize in advance if I’m not posting in the right area. I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find the information I’m looking for. I’m just wondering if I we’re to brew alfalfa meal in a bucket with kelp meal and molasses, would the triacontanol extracted from the alfalfa be readily available for my plants to uptake for watering in root zone or am I missing a step in the process for the plants to be able to uptake triacontanol and take advantage or am I not understanding completely. I read somewhere about triacontanol and calcium bonding together to enable root uptake because I guess triacontanol wasn’t water soluble, but I wasn’t sure if that had todo with the alfalfa meal triacontanol or just concentrated triacontanol powder by itself. Thank everyone.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

The pure triancontanol that you can get online for rose growers its meant to apply as a foliar strictly based on their dosage, that one is not easly soluble and thats why some sort of emulsifier is needed. (sometimes included in the mix)
Not an expert but if you just do a Alfalfa tea, yes your triancontanol will be soluble, at least thats what i read....how much? no idea...
I did the tea few times with good results , but be aware that is loaded also with N, so be careful....i got a burst of green and sometimes i even burned some tips....not sure i could see impressive effects of the Hormone alone...
I really wanted to try the pure form as a foliar but after ordering it never got here so i said...next time.
I saw some pictures online of the effect of the foliar spray and plants looked absolutely exploasive, as far as branching and tight nodes....
I have a genetic that im workin with since a year and she is pretty strechy so i was really curious to see if the spray could make her more squatted and compact....
Ill repost back when and if ill do it!

Top Bottom