Alibaba and LED lights

• Thread starter 1Dobo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1Dobo

1Dobo

I am an outdoor grower who wants to veg clones indoors in a 5X6 room. I've got my shit together on the outdoor grow, but feel a bit overwhelmed with all the choices on Alibaba. It doesn't help that I've got no clue and I really don't know what I need in terms of spectrum, wattage, or light intensity including PAR values for something like this. I'm not interested in a complete grow (seedling or clone to flower/harvest) in a grow room, just a room with lights to veg for about 2 months before they are put outside to finish off. However with that said, it might be nice to do a complete grow at sometime in the future, you never know. Also, having always bought my clones, I'm curious what I can expect with a decent light in terms of growth over a 6-8 week period in terms of size/height. I know that has a lot to do with genetics too, so that may be a difficult question to answer.

So I guess my questions are:
1) Suggestions for a light or lights I can buy on Alibaba from those of you who have bought from them that would be suitable for a 5X6 room.
2) What kind of growth could I expect, say from a seedling on for 6-8 weeks on an 18-24 hour per day lighting schedule.
3) I'm sure I'm missing the point on something, I just don't know what to ask as this is a totally new area for me.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I am an outdoor grower who wants to veg clones indoors in a 5X6 room. I've got my shit together on the outdoor grow, but feel a bit overwhelmed with all the choices on Alibaba. It doesn't help that I've got no clue and I really don't know what I need in terms of spectrum, wattage, or light intensity including PAR values for something like this. I'm not interested in a complete grow (seedling or clone to flower/harvest) in a grow room, just a room with lights to veg for about 2 months before they are put outside to finish off. However with that said, it might be nice to do a complete grow at sometime in the future, you never know. Also, having always bought my clones, I'm curious what I can expect with a decent light in terms of growth over a 6-8 week period in terms of size/height. I know that has a lot to do with genetics too, so that may be a difficult question to answer.

So I guess my questions are:
1) Suggestions for a light or lights I can buy on Alibaba from those of you who have bought from them that would be suitable for a 5X6 room.
2) What kind of growth could I expect, say from a seedling on for 6-8 weeks on an 18-24 hour per day lighting schedule.
3) I'm sure I'm missing the point on something, I just don't know what to ask as this is a totally new area for me.
Talk with @Buzzer777..............................

basscaptain

basscaptain

basscaptain

basscaptain

I run 3 diff models from them and these are the 2 I'll put up..... The other Buzz Runs and is a Great Light also.....
the only diff is it has 301B Cree Led's not Top Bin.......
I lost my link to it this morning But Buzz has it....... If $$$ is a problem buy the 1st one.....

If not SPEND the Extra 50$ and get the Cree Led's ................

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I run 3 diff models from them and these are the 2 I'll put up..... The other Buzz Runs and is a Great Light also.....
I lost my link to it this morning But Buzz has it....... If $$$ is a problem buy the 1st one.....

Here ya go:

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

When I grow up..I wanna be just like @basscaptain

basscaptain

basscaptain

Here ya go:
all around the best of the 3 I'm running......... I have a 4th also.....

Now I Like the 1 I posted with the Cree for Flower.................................................................

But if I could Only have 1...... I would buy this one Buzz Linked up..................................................................

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

@basscaptain
Maybe the next time you write Vicki at Kingbrite..You might ask if she would like to be a sponsor here at the Farm and contact Logic the site owner!

@logic might be responsive; since we all here (mostly) have great things to say about their products and CS.

basscaptain

basscaptain

@basscaptain
Maybe the next time you write Vicki at Kingbrite..You might ask if she would like to be a sponsor here at the Farm and contact Logic the site owner!

@logic might be responsive; since we all here (mostly) have great things to say about their products and CS.
I'll say something tomorrow.......
I have to deiced what I'm going to order to finish this room...

I know what I should Get..... But $$$ is tight right now so I'm on the fence on what I'm going to do.......

I ready to just use that 4th light but>>> It's my Spare for Flower and I having been holding off on it....

the only diff is they put a 3rd switch on it for the uv......................... so that's why I havn't used it........

1Dobo

1Dobo

So for a 5X6 room, I take it I would probably only be needing one light? My issue with understanding is that I know absolutely no one who has an indoor setup in HI to ask, lol. We don't grow cannabis indoors to completion here, so really, this is just for the veg cycle only. I figure I can afford good lights when I spend $1,200 on clones every 4 months or so... so buying something that will work well would pay for itself rather quickly just in savings. I need to buy clones again in Feb, so I'd like to get something going now in order to avoid that, haha.

So many manufactures and versions on that website, I can't discern what makes one better than the other.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

@basscaptain

How many years have you been using some steadily without issues?

Please tell me at least 5 before you vouch for them. Thats what is expected from samsung.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

How many years have you been using some steadily without issues?

Please tell me at least 5 before you vouch for them. Thats what is expected from samsung.
You know that these have not even been around for 5 yrs..from HLG either. Nextlight was the original maker, and HLG knocked them off. I don't vouch for ANY company, new or old these days..but Kingbrite has done great from everyone that tries them.
The LED market has been progressing rapidly for about 3 yrs now, with more to come.
Old tech is old tech..some works better then others. For my needs, I am happy with what I have now..the future will no doubt offer many new things.

basscaptain

basscaptain

So for a 5X6 room, I take it I would probably only be needing one light? My issue with understanding is that I know absolutely no one who has an indoor setup in HI to ask, lol. We don't grow cannabis indoors to completion here, so really, this is just for the veg cycle only. I figure I can afford good lights when I spend $1,200 on clones every 4 months or so... so buying something that will work well would pay for itself rather quickly just in savings. I need to buy clones again in Feb, so I'd like to get something going now in order to avoid that, haha.

So many manufactures and versions on that website, I can't discern what makes one better than the other.
I would get 4 the one's Buzz linked up........ for that area
I run 2 in a 3x3 tent
I could veg under 1 but I would have to run it up

I say 4 cause you will like them and use them more then you think.....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You know that these have not even been around for 5 yrs..from HLG either. Nextlight was the original maker, and HLG knocked them off. I don't vouch for ANY company, new or old these days..but Kingbrite has done great from everyone that tries them.
The LED market has been progressing rapidly for about 3 yrs now, with more to come.
Old tech is old tech..some works better then others. For my needs, I am happy with what I have now..the future will no doubt offer many new things.

So you agree that others should not be recommended to buy based on yours or others limited experience.

And those two tiny weed lighting companies have little to do with the boards. They have been hanging in store windows and other commercial applications just like strips and cobs for many years.

We are up to the point where cities are switching their street and park lights to led. So for outdoor and store/warehouse lighting they have already been proven.

But will the grow lights last in a productive garden?

There have been many reports of diode and driver failure online. Seems those reports get deleted eventually on riu. Hlg is one of their main advertisers. As well as cob kits and timber.

More ali baba failures get reported than hlg although i think that is from better customer service stateside.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So you agree that others should not be recommended to buy based on yours or others limited experience.

And those two tiny weed lighting companies have little to do with the boards. They have been hanging in store windows and other commercial applications just like strips and cobs for many years.

We are up to the point where cities are switching their street and park lights to led. So for outdoor and store/warehouse lighting they have already been proven.

There have been many reports of diode and driver failure online. Seems those reports get deleted eventually on riu. Hlg is one of their main advertisers. As well as cob kits and timber.

More ali baba failures get reported than hlg although i think that is from better customer service stateside.
Sorry..I do not agree.

basscaptain

basscaptain

I'm not getting into a pissing match with you and I do like you...
But you have a problem with this company.............................. you don't own any and this op asked about this Company..............................................
Give it a Brake.................. Fuck..........................

I can buy a light blub for your lights and it can go out in a day or a week or a month and etc...... same with a Driver.............................................
this is like Chey and Ford........................

Love you but dam.........................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Top Bottom