Alice in Amberland, "one way or another this darkness has got to give."

• Thread starter Amber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

looking pretty sick in here, im glad to see the e-Paps in action.

quick question about your diy fogger. Is that 6" inline fan over kill? what kind of ultrasonic fogger is that? - i guess in other words, can you enlighten us with more info on your fogger. And at the same time, feel free to drop some knowledge on how to rock swag as well as your rocking, i feel your swag is way proper. so much fucking swag going on in here its over welming! haha

thanks for the show, and thanks for dropping some info on temp/humidity. keep up the work @Amber & @Alice D

YOLO bitches,
Z

Amber

Amber

quick question about your diy fogger. Is that 6" inline fan over kill? what kind of ultrasonic fogger is that? - i guess in other words, can you enlighten us with more info on your fogger. And at the same time, feel free to drop some knowledge on how to rock swag as well as your rocking, i feel your swag is way proper. so much fucking swag going on in here its over welming! haha

thanks for the show, and thanks for dropping some info on temp/humidity. keep up the work @Amber & @Alice D

YOLO bitches,
Z
The fan is only 4". The fogger is round one with the buoy the DK12 http://www.mainlandmart.com/fogger1.html

Amber

Amber

I. Fucking. Love. This. Song. Full long play on the licorice pizza.

When are we gonna do lunch? :p Mehbbeh yer too bizzy wit yer rooms!
Too busy nah not me. I've been laying around here watching Alice D do all the work. He's doing a fine job too. I'm so sick with this fucked up head cold flu thing I'm gonna be lucky to make it to the kitchen for lunch. We will get it done though hopefully soon. Cant really say the weather hasnt been nice enough for a little drive. Real rough winter were having here huh?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
LOL the blower on your DIY humidifier is overkill Amber. You can get away with a 120v computer fan and save some power.

Dunge

Dunge

Its the only fan we had and its on a dimmer switch as low as it will go. You got an extra computer fan for the cause we didn't. Its only 4 inch not six its 150cfm, but yeah your right its overkill.
SPREAD THE WORD.
Dimmers are not good motor controllers.
They seem to work, in that the motor slows down, but it is the result of motor inefficiency and thus waste heat.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

LOLZ DO IT NOW HAHAHAHA
Im sure AliceD has that lil 4inch on a variable speed controller anyhow shits looking proper really have things well thought out and dialed in man many props to yall

sixstring

sixstring

LOLZ DO IT NOW HAHAHAHA
Im sure AliceD has that lil 4inch on a variable speed controller anyhow shits looking proper really have things well thought out and dialed in man many props to yall

That's what I was thinking as well :) 4 inch on a speed control sounds perfect, computer fans are for computers haha.

Amber

Amber

YOLO bitches,
Z
I wonder does it take away from the swag that I had to google "swag"?

Amber

Amber

You know one thing that we do have on both our systems that I don't think I have see much of around the farm is the quick empty. Anyone else have a quick empty?
DSC05108

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Lmfao Damber r u talking about a drain spout?
Just messin with u hah! I do have a quick connect from my push pull pump i just turn the valve and empty the res from my system from my pump tho gotta have it!
Im sure AliceD has the proper speed controller on thier and that turned down with the lil 4inch sounds like a proper setup for that homemade humidifier. Im thinking of building one myself i just ran into some acclimation issues from going to hot to cold i think i have to jack my rh up myself i just get so stressed cuz my girl makes some super dense nuggs im talking vice grip style nuggs but i really need to expand my train of thinking into the new school and start tackleing the rh issues!

Amber

Amber

Lmfao Damber r u talking about a drain spout?
Just messin with u hah! I do have a quick connect from my push pull pump i just turn the valve and empty the res from my system from my pump tho gotta have it!
Im sure AliceD has the proper speed controller on thier and that turned down with the lil 4inch sounds like a proper setup for that homemade humidifier. Im thinking of building one myself i just ran into some acclimation issues from going to hot to cold i think i have to jack my rh up myself i just get so stressed cuz my girl makes some super dense nuggs im talking vice grip style nuggs but i really need to expand my train of thinking into the new school and start tackleing the rh issues!
Yes expanding our humidity horizons is a ongoing thing. Our big expensive dehumidifier took a shit so we will be in class RH101 with ya tackling some issues.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Yes expanding our humidity horizons is a ongoing thing. Our big expensive dehumidifier took a shit so we will be in class RH101 with ya tackling some issues.
For sure im not gonna BS its a really overwhelming monster for me to get into but i feel i need to tackle it to bring my grow game to another level like a true grow artist.
Slowly but surely and with enuff research i am gonna start getting into RH.
All year long in the Dez we r constantly battleing High Heat factors, seriously high heat and its a pretty big beast to get into anyone with a decent sized grow room can tell ya a fully well insulated, completely contained controlled and sealed room gets hard as hell to properly Cool with the sun beating on ya and outside ambient air temps pushing 115-120 most of the summer properly cooled rooms are still hard to control around the 80degree point if your lucky and properly cooled like so, say a 35k btu in a 300sqft room can push u up into the 5k electric bills on a 10k watt sealed room idk how it could get any better thats a well dialed proper room gets worse if u have leaks and ur works shotty or not right.. Sorry just went way off course but what i was getting at is just dealing with that and getting things dialed to those temp specs. We only have to worry about RH peaking over 50 percent maybe a few weeks a year, the rest of the time more like 0-10 percent maybe and a full flowering 300 sqft room rarely pushes it into the low 30s maybe 40 but very rarely. Now the only problem i can really see with stableising RH would to have all my pest and mold issues in full check which i do i rarely run into any pest issues knock on wood but i did see a simple whitefly infestation get crazy last monsoon and totally lost 2.5 harvest full blown summer heat it crushed me so that was a huge learning/costly curve i had to get around and barely did knock on wood.
I guess my point was now that i feel i have pest issues maintained and contained that im ready to start introduceing proper RH, air exchange and movement im still not 100percent comfortable but im hopeing to build enuff confidence back up and start dabbleing in the RH aspect of it all.
Big ups to AliceD on the RH read and the rest of the farmers showing how its done for sure.
Just have to wrap my head around thinking differently towards the RH monster lol and little hiccup can be detrimental if ur not on ur game here thats for damn sure!

Amber

Amber

For sure im not gonna BS its a really overwhelming monster for me to get into but i feel i need to tackle it to bring my grow game to another level like a true grow artist.
Slowly but surely and with enuff research i am gonna start getting into RH.
All year long in the Dez we r constantly battleing High Heat factors, seriously high heat and its a pretty big beast to get into anyone with a decent sized grow room can tell ya a fully well insulated, completely contained controlled and sealed room gets hard as hell to properly Cool with the sun beating on ya and outside ambient air temps pushing 115-120 most of the summer properly cooled rooms are still hard to control around the 80degree point if your lucky and properly cooled like so, say a 35k btu in a 300sqft room can push u up into the 5k electric bills on a 10k watt sealed room idk how it could get any better thats a well dialed proper room gets worse if u have leaks and ur works shotty or not right.. Sorry just went way off course but what i was getting at is just dealing with that and getting things dialed to those temp specs. We only have to worry about RH peaking over 50 percent maybe a few weeks a year, the rest of the time more like 0-10 percent maybe and a full flowering 300 sqft room rarely pushes it into the low 30s maybe 40 but very rarely. Now the only problem i can really see with stableising RH would to have all my pest and mold issues in full check which i do i rarely run into any pest issues knock on wood but i did see a simple whitefly infestation get crazy last monsoon and totally lost 2.5 harvest full blown summer heat it crushed me so that was a huge learning/costly curve i had to get around and barely did knock on wood.
I guess my point was now that i feel i have pest issues maintained and contained that im ready to start introduceing proper RH, air exchange and movement im still not 100percent comfortable but im hopeing to build enuff confidence back up and start dabbleing in the RH aspect of it all.
Big ups to AliceD on the RH read and the rest of the farmers showing how its done for sure.
Just have to wrap my head around thinking differently towards the RH monster lol and little hiccup can be detrimental if ur not on ur game here thats for damn sure!
Did you read this http://ohioline.osu.edu/aex-fact/0804.html I'm not sure exactly where but I had it open in another window from something I was checking out here on the farm today. Maybe the charts thread by Seamaiden.

Top Bottom