Alien Og Veg And Flower Under 125 Watt Cfl

• Thread starter canteengreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canteengreen

canteengreen

wud up thc farmer!! i haven't grow in about 4 years so this is going to be a shit load of fun!! I'm just now getting things rocking in my closet and i decided i should post here and ask for opinions on what else i need to get the most out of my grow room. i used to be a avid farmer for about a year and a half and i have done a few micro grows before and had g0od results. i plan on using some top/fem techniques and i will do some training so the plants will grow weaving through a screen so i can control my canopy (this is the key to cfl grows) below will be 2 lists, the first will be a list of the things i have and the second will be things i plan on adding.

what i have-
3 alien og kush clones (very special cut)
1 gallon pots with unknown soil mix (my buddy gave it to me with the clones)
125 watt cfl with wing

what i need??-
oscillating fans
small ac
small dehumidifier
nutes
2 or 3 gallon pots
fox farm soil for the transplant
and?? anything I'm missing/suggestions??

also i get my pay check friday so i will go shopping for these items then :)

20150527 184027
20150527 184108
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

Looking good bro! I'm sure those clones will explode soon.

You may not need the AC/dehumidifier unless you're dealing with excessive temperatures/humidity. Standard indoor conditions usually aren't to bad in a micro setting when you're using CFLs; the HID lighting tends to put off a lot more heat. I'd take a look at your temps and humidity before you drop the cash on either of those. Other than that, I'd recommend keeping some dolomite lime and epsom salts on hand. It seems like I always need those when I don't have them. I can't think of much else you'd need to complete your grow.

How large is your growing space? Have you considered adding additional CFLs into the growing area? What type of nutrients are you planning on using?

I'm subbed bro, keep us updated.

Kas

canteengreen

canteengreen

Looking good bro! I'm sure those clones will explode soon.

You may not need the AC/dehumidifier unless you're dealing with excessive temperatures/humidity. Standard indoor conditions usually aren't to bad in a micro setting when you're using CFLs; the HID lighting tends to put off a lot more heat. I'd take a look at your temps and humidity before you drop the cash on either of those. Other than that, I'd recommend keeping some dolomite lime and epsom salts on hand. It seems like I always need those when I don't have them. I can't think of much else you'd need to complete your grow.

How large is your growing space? Have you considered adding additional CFLs into the growing area? What type of nutrients are you planning on using?

I'm subbed bro, keep us updated.

Kas

my growing space is 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 and i live in nor cal so its about to get hot real soon. and is there a certain nute line that you would recommend?

canteengreen

canteengreen

here are some updates. day 2 of veg from clone. i put a big fan in there because its all i have atm but all that will change tomorrow. also i plan on slowly lowering the light might even lower it a lil today.

20150528 110407 resized
20150528 110435 resized
20150528 110420 resized
20150528 110424 resized
20150528 110427 resized
canteengreen

canteengreen

update: day 3 of veg. i repositioned the light and also built a stand for the screen which i plan on making out of chicken wire. i got some new fans an ever since i put another fan in the grow room the temps have seemed comfortable. i just ordered a thermometer/hydrometer so i will no exact details soon. as of now it looks like they got some heat damage and ??? feel free to chime in but 2 of the plants seem to be bouncing back but, one of them seems to be having a hard time in its new home. also i leave the door cracked open all day to keep it ventilated.

20150529 201424 resized
20150529 201444 resized
20150529 201448 resized
20150529 201453 resized
20150529 201457 resized
Last edited:
Kaskadian

Kaskadian

They're looking good to me.

Was the tip of that one plant yellow/brown when you received it? If not, are you using any nutrients currently? Also, make sure that you're not over watering your plants. I'd also bring that light down a LOT. When I use CFLs they're no more than a couple of inches away from the tops of my plants. I've literally had my plants touch the bulbs before moving the lights so I doubt it's heat damage unless the grow area is extremely hot.

As far as nutrients go, I make/use guano teas start to finish. There are million different nutrient lines, just remember that nutrient companies want to sell you as much as possible. I know quite a few growers that use next to nothing and get excellent results. If you'd like some more information on making your own guano teas let me know and I'd be happy to help.

canteengreen

canteengreen

i haven't used any nutrients yet nor do i plan to until flower because they are going to get transplanted into 2 gal pots of FFOF in about a week. as far as the heat go's they spent 1 night in around 90 temps but i have that under control now. the light is only 18 inches away and i plan on bringing it down slowly (iv had clones lay down before wen putting this light 1 inch away) they should be ready for it soon as long as i can control my temps. also, i would be stoked to get some info on teas. organics ftw

canteengreen

canteengreen

update: day 8 of veg. i dropped the light closer and cleaned up the room a bit. i also topped and tied the biggest girl down. i picked up a few goodies today and used them at low dose. connoisseur grow a + boost doctor kangaroots

20150602 151837 resized
20150602 151844 resized
20150602 151856 resized
20150602 151903 resized 2
20150602 151911 resized
20150602 151927 resized
20150602 151949 resized
canteengreen

canteengreen

update: day 11 of veg and plans have changed with the grow. I have made the decision to either add more cfls before flower or upgrade to a led grow light. I have been doing tons of research on led and cfl grow lights and from what i can gather it seems like the bonsai 80 watt led panel seems like a fit.

I also purchased some nutrients and have put together a regular nutrient regimen. 2 of the plants have been topped and tied down. the other plant will get the same treatment as soon as it get tall enough to tie down.

20150605 100919
20150605 100908
20150605 100900
20150605 100852

Latest posts

Top Bottom