All Herm And Male Pheno Hunt

• Thread starter FarmerBloom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FarmerBloom

My last pheno hunt 2 of my strains that I started with 10 beans each, sexed out to be either male or females that were hermaphrodite.

-strain 1:
-7 males
-3 female hermies
No viable females
-strain 2:
-6 males
-4 female hermies
No viable females

I was told the mothers were stable?

Could anyone tell me genetically how you could get this result?

Thanks

lino

lino

Did you have any male hermy's? Genetically I can help but lot of questions.

Is strain 1 and 2 related? Parents to the strains common to either?

Mothers? who
dad?
Breeder? who
Parents who
Strains?

w/o any info the chart is complete guessing game...
viable - meaning your Females were inert? Were the males sterile also or just the females?

F

FarmerBloom

Did you have any male hermy's? Genetically I can help but lot of questions.

Is strain 1 and 2 related? Parents to the strains common to either?

Mothers? who
dad?
Breeder? who
Parents who
Strains?

w/o any info the chart is complete guessing game...
viable - meaning your Females were inert? Were the males sterile also or just the females?

I killed off the males in veg so it's hard to know if they would've hermed.

The two strains have the same father. I phenod out 4 strains total, 10 of each seed. All 4 have same
Father. The other 2 strains, 3 female phenos each that showed don't have any herms yet and it's week 4. Makes me question how stable the female mothers were?

He's a local guy who crossed a bunch of his outdoor crop with one big male.

My room has been 30-50% humidity cause of the winter. Nothing ever above 84 degrees and it would maybe only be that high for an hour or two. I have 2 deadhead and 1 bananas and cherries in the same room which haven't hermd.

lino

lino

That leads me to my last question and I think I might know the answer already. I THINK I can explain your prob in easy terms.

Is anyone around you breeding low potency cannabis? Or as its now called Hemp?
And to clarify all the seeds are dead, did not germ, inert? Abortion ratio is key. see my seed 2 seed thread for clarification in abortion ratios.

S> E> Colo has an outbreak of cannabis pollen. Are you around any hemp fields with in 50 miles.

F

FarmerBloom

That leads me to my last question and I think I might know the answer already. I THINK I can explain your prob in easy terms.

And to clarify all the seeds are dead, did not germ, inert? Abortion ratio is key. see my seed 2 seed thread for clarification in abortion ratios.

S> E> Colo has an outbreak of cannabis pollen. Are you around any hemp fields with in 50 miles.

One other

All seeds popped. A few took more than 48 hours. The crosses were of high potency about 20-30% thc strains.

lino

lino

I was told the mothers were stable?

Could anyone tell me genetically how you could get this result?

Thanks
""mothers were stable?""
The mothers do not decide the sex of those plants.

""genetically""
It turns out that it is much harder to explain hermy's than I once thought. I am now realizing that ppl are not following my prior post on hermy threads. My ethics primer was removed by Mods so we have no business discussing this with out ethics. And With all my instructional post on punnett charts, Hermy DNA, and breeding and hermys no one is able to piece all my post/threads together. Here is a dramatic example;
If you asked us "HOW DO I BUILD A SPACE SHUTTLE TO THE MOON?
If I post a blue print diagram of the spaceship , would it make any sense to us?

I'm posting the answer here once again, you'll need a good understanding of zygosity also. If you see how to breed hermy's from this chart, lets talk more. If you dont remember your Jr H course study than throw those seeds away and resort to pollen chucker methods well defined on this site.
The ol phrase, a pic is worth a 1000's words, WRONG! I realize this pic is worth 753 pages of course study and 100,000s of words.

So once again I'm about to take a Big DUMP on WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT WAS REAL. They LIED to you! M and F are NOT selected by the Father of humans and cannabis plants. Fact Jack, The father decides if the pot or human baby will be M-F-H. So Ive learned My Own Lesson here and dumbed all the info by not using technical terms and will not answer any more herm science and hermy DNA, So Lets jus say "How much pollen can a pollen chucker chuck?"
Your answer as already taught to you in Jr HS or HS. But they left out the 3rd gene, lol
Crested8

Toilet paper plz.

F

FarmerBloom

""mothers were stable?""
The mothers do not decide the sex of those plants.

""genetically""
It turns out that it is much harder to explain hermy's than I once thought. I am now realizing that ppl are not following my prior post on hermy threads. My ethics primer was removed by Mods so we have no business discussing this with out ethics. And With all my instructional post on punnett charts, Hermy DNA, and breeding and hermys no one is able to piece all my post/threads together. Here is a dramatic example;
If you asked us "HOW DO I BUILD A SPACE SHUTTLE TO THE MOON?
If I post a blue print diagram of the spaceship , would it make any sense to us?

I'm posting the answer here once again, you'll need a good understanding of zygosity also. If you see how to breed hermy's from this chart, lets talk more. If you dont remember your Jr H course study than throw those seeds away and resort to pollen chucker methods well defined on this site.
The ol phrase, a pic is worth a 1000's words, WRONG! I realize this pic is worth 753 pages of course study and 100,000s of words.

So once again I'm about to take a Big DUMP on WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT WAS REAL. They LIED to you! M and F are NOT selected by the Father of humans and cannabis plants. Fact Jack, The father decides if the pot or human baby will be M-F-H. So Ive learned My Own Lesson here and dumbed all the info by not using technical terms and will not answer any more herm science and hermy DNA, So Lets jus say "How much pollen can a pollen chucker chuck?"
Your answer as already taught to you in Jr HS or HS. But they left out the 3rd gene, lol
View attachment 678681
Toilet paper plz.

So you're saying the male plant decides? So some crosses would be more prone than other crosses? Cause only 2/4 crosses with the male cross hermd so a few genetics lines have pure females and not 1 herm

lino

lino

I researched the Farm site and no one has offered the Online Hermy Breeding Tools. I know Im not the only one on the farm who uses these breeding tools. In talking with scientist on other forums they think its a waste of time for most ppl to try and understand the online breeding tools. They think it might cause more harm than good for our strains. I get it , Hr x Hr is hard enough to see the 4 outcomes without a 4 sq chart. In the above example I see the out come of the 16 sq punnett. I can see up to 256 sq punnett chart , my mind just rolls that way,,, no math,, just yrs of cannabis, pigeon and human observation breeding. Cannabis at a minimum in the Punnett Square is the dihybrid cross. A dihybrid cross tracks two traits and cannabis can and often has more traits that are (tied together). Predominately in Most high grade cannabis both parents are heterozygous, and one allele for each trait exhibits complete dominance. This means that both parents have recessive alleles, but exhibit the dominant phenotype. I dont know how my mind has developed this ability but I see the phenotype ratio predicted for dihybrid cross is 9:3:3:1. That is why I asked those questions. Of the sixteen possible allele combinations:

• And to make cannabis more complex, kinda but not really , so this is my latest tool in breeding hermys and other traits and if understood actually simplifies breeding techniques and strategies. To understand the monoecious and dioeious bred cannabis is very valuable here. This is proven correct in the new DNA charts of cannabis strains.
  • Nine combinations produce offspring with both dominant phenotypes in your plants for Hermys.
  • Three combinations each produce offspring with one dominant and one recessive phenotype. You might had a Dom HrHr hermy. But you need lots of reading, just dont plug that into your charts, I need to explain lots on zygosity before manipulation control can be effective.
  • One combination produces a double recessive offspring. If you dont know how, you'll have to learn how to ID this. Because of feminized seeds you need the proper tools for this. This is a very a useful breeder.
    This pattern only occurs when both traits have a dominant allele. With no dominant alleles, more phenotypes are possible, and the phenotype probabilities match the genotype probabilities.
    A simpler pattern arises when one of the parents is homozygous for all traits and I think this is what happen to one parent, homozygous. as far as the Hermy traits go. In this case, the alleles contributed by the heterozygous parent drives all of the variability. A two trait cross between a heterozygous and a homozygous individual generates four phenotypes, each of which are equally likely to occur. What happen in your breeding scheme is a Dom Rec issue, way to complex to start typing that expaination. But I bet that where your prob arose.

In cannabis we often find more complicated patterns that can be examined. In an extreme case when more than two alleles exists for each trait and the parents do not possess same alleles, the total number of genotypes equals the number of boxes in the Punnett Square.

It is possible to generate Punnett squares for more that two traits, but they are difficult to draw and interpret. A Punnett Square for a tetrahybrid cross contains 256 boxes with 16 phenotypes and 81 genotypes. A third allele for any one of the traits increases the number of genotypes from 81 to 108. So dont ask me how I see it, Ive had many smart ppl scratching their heads and peeps dont know how I do it and I dont either, just years of crossing, but I can predict based on this, Ive been doing this without a physically drawn chart for many years, but now that I'm mapping my plants the pictures of pheno and geno are so much more clear to me now.

Given this complexity, Punnett Squares are not the best method for calculating genotype and phenotype ratios IN CANNABIS for crosses involving more than one trait and now that I see these online tools I lean toward Punnett more and more. Cannabis has lots of paired traits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom