All plants topped now and I’m lost

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

So I’ve topped all the plants . Main ones are the 6 in the centre.

do I need to start topping the nodes? When do I add my screen as I want to do scrog. I have the net ready to go.

tried to mainline a little plant , dunno if it will survive

All plants topped now and im lost
All plants topped now and im lost 2
All plants topped now and im lost 3
All plants topped now and im lost 4
All plants topped now and im lost 5
All plants topped now and im lost 6
elduderito

elduderito

Wait about 2 weeks and let the new tops grow up.... I personally wouldn't top again in your position ... are those regular/feminized? and how much space will you have to flower them? You won't need a net for another few weeks at least - and a lot can just be tied down with string before installing your net (this kind of depends if you're going to use one or two nets...)

Also I wouldn't both mainlining that little plant much more - if you keep topping it, it will remain significantly shorter than the rest of your garden - I do less training/topping on the 'runts'/smaller plants to maintain canopy height --- also I don't want to waste growing space for a plant that's not showing me much hope (sometimes I just cull them to prioritize flower space)

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hi
Wait about 2 weeks and let the new tops grow up.... I personally wouldn't top again in your position ... are those regular/feminized? and how much space will you have to flower them? You won't need a net for another few weeks at least - and a lot can just be tied down with string before installing your net (this kind of depends if you're going to use one or two nets...)

Also I wouldn't both mainlining that little plant much more - if you keep topping it, it will remain significantly shorter than the rest of your garden - I do less training/topping on the 'runts'/smaller plants to maintain canopy height --- also I don't want to waste growing space for a plant that's not showing me much hope (sometimes I just cull them to prioritize flower space)
Yeah these are regular seeds so fingers crossed. I’ll wait a couple weeks before I top again .
Can I top the side branches too ?

the little one was just a trail to see what would happen. Was going to get culled to make room for the others so thought I’d try it out .

elduderito

elduderito

as I already mentioned - personally I wouldn't top again .. you can get all the side branching you'd need to fill up your net just by tying down branches... also it looks like your tent is 3ft x 3ft - you don't need THAT much more branching to fill it up....

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

The tent is 4x4 , think topping the side branches will make it go crazy

elduderito

elduderito

The tent is 4x4 , think topping the side branches will make it go crazy
oh that's bigger than I thought - assuming you end up with 4 or 5 females you can either top or LST to fill out your space... I would opt for the LST as I feel it doesn't stall growth as much as topping, it is a bit more labor intensive...

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

oh that's bigger than I thought - assuming you end up with 4 or 5 females you can either top or LST to fill out your space... I would opt for the LST as I feel it doesn't stall growth as much as topping, it is a bit more labor intensive...
fingers cross i end up with females . only had regular seeds at the time of planting.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I have 9 plants in a 4x4 topped 3 times. It’s crowded but they were clones. Maybe 3 week veg. I only topped the main stem

E69D663C CC4A 4964 8FDA F775F899D23E
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I water with a sump pump, hose, and a water wand. Works well.
just ordered a small submersible pump. i think ill get the wand and connect a line from the pump to the wand and drop the pump into my nutrient bucket to water. was thinking of getting halos but unsure if it would all work

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Dramm makes the best heads for wands. They are what landscapers use I highly recommend. They have several different flow rates I think they have one for low pressure. They call them water breakers. Help stop soil compaction. I’ve used drip rings in the past they work good especially with coco but I like to spend the time with my plants. I’m in pro mix hp right now.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Dramm makes the best heads for wands. They are what landscapers use I highly recommend. They have several different flow rates I think they have one for low pressure. They call them water breakers. Help stop soil compaction. I’ve used drip rings in the past they work good especially with coco but I like to spend the time with my plants. I’m in pro mix hp right now.
when you have the pump on and connected to the wand if your not pressing the wand for a minute where does the pressure go ?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

I have a shutoff valve on the wand and my sump pump just runs and holds pressure I try not to leave it on for a long time when I’m not using it but it’s supposedly has a thermal shutoff and it’s never tripped before. Cheap harbor freight 1/6 hp or something like that. https://gemplers.com/products/one-touch-sprayer-valve

Top Bottom