all the white hairs seem to b getting eaten off

• Thread starter reeldrag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I caught the culpret wait for it its a butterfly a monarch to b exact I was doing some chores and I see this butterfly don't think much of it keep working 1/2 hr goes by and he's still sitting on the plant walk over and watch and see he just macking the hairs I watched him hammer a bud it was wierd he eat a hair like nobody business I have butterflies here and there never gave much thought to it well guess who's not aloud in green house anymore

Glad to hear it was that simple! I was worried you had broad mites.

K

kolah

Wow...keen eyes and a nice find, reeldrag.
That's one for the diagnostic books for sure. I never knew Monarchs would gobble up weed pistils.

Maybe pop in some screens or metal mesh to keep the flying critters out of your GH.

I'd bet your MJ will recover nicely.

reeldrag

reeldrag

Glad to hear it was that simple! I was worried you had broad mites.
Me to I was sure it was cyclamen or broad mites as well there's not many organic bug sprays that work on them glad it was this simple thank god

reeldrag

reeldrag

Wow...keen eyes and a nice find, reeldrag.
That's one for the diagnostic books for sure. I never knew Monarchs would gobble up weed pistils.

Maybe pop in some screens or metal mesh to keep the flying critters out of your GH.

I'd bet your MJ will recover nicely.
It's a fully inclosed house but they still get in when I'm doing chores and leave the door open they sneak in I never worried about cute little cuddly butter flies it was trippy I found it by a stroke of luck I just thought how pretty he was and went to check him out and the little fucker was going to town

K

kolah

I never thought they were harmful to weed..learned something new..thanks man.

alpinehi

alpinehi

If it was a butterfly it for sure was not eating the pistils on your cannabis plants. Monarch butterflies (like all butterflies) have strictly liquid diets. They can only sip liquids through their proboscis, generally nectar or juices from fruits or other plants. They cannot suck food particles through their proboscis. They may have damaged your pistils and caused them to retract, but they literally can't consume them.

K

kolah

Beware of the Deep-throat Monarchs...sucking the life out of our beloved pistils.

G

gudbaur

I have the same problem, but just with the top few layers. After searching, I found the answer (at least in my case). Heat stress. It was VERY HOT for a week or so (I grow outdoors), and supposedly the affected buds had retracted their pistons. As far as I can tell from what I read, they should come back out eventually and recover. It's been cooler out the past few days with a lot of cloud cover. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

J

Joe432

Dose anyone know y her hairs are gone or if she's barely buding every where els on the plants gots white hairs but this top branch dont

IMG 20190908 071718 580
Top Bottom