All things considered, what is the best glass shop in Portland, OR?

• Thread starter SolidGold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SolidGold

Let's take into account selection, quality of glass, price, vibe of store, location, etc etc etc.

I'm looking to replace my daily driver, an 18" bluedot 7mm bubble bottom w/ ice pinches and d-cut diffy downstem. I'm not into the idea of ordering glass online and having the boys at UPS kick it all over God's Green Earth.

Any help/opinions are most appreciated!

L

luvinlife

I know of a great place in NW Portland that is completely owned and operated by the blowers themselves....Amazing glass amazing artistic ability within the place. pm me

R

Radio Flyer

Eusheen, Trikky, JLee, KrunK Krew all live out there in Oregon so you have the hook up on some sick glass man out there.

Keep looking around, there is some quality near you.

pork

pork

portland has some pretty lame glass shops....the best i could ever come up with is that it has to do with the population of portland. Portland is one of the most inexpensive places to live in the country (if you want to be somewhere cool) and also has the cheapest herb in the country (40/eighth on the street). so, this means a lot of smokers....and, they don't like to spend much on their glass. portland is full of the "average-joe" smoker that just wants the pipe to be functional, rather than pretty.

now in places like texas, where i started, the stoner culture is smaller and of a different breed. in tejas, it's all about having super pimp glass...the shops have to compete with each other over the headiest glass...honestly, the best glass shops I've seen (outside LA) are in texas....

but back to portland.....i wish i knew about this shop in NW Portland when I was living there....outside that the best glass I found was out in beaverton. Jack Herer's Third Eye is alright....Smokin Glass is alright....Nomad's Crossing is alright...but none of them ever had anything that I had to have....it's a shame when the great glass blowers in Portland have to ship out their best work...it just sits on the shelves in Portland

B

blackduck

I as well would like to know of this place in nw. My JBD broke 2 weeks ago!

S

SolidGold

best ive found is the hotbox in beaverton. *shrug*:hi:

fractal

fractal

I would recommend the Hot Box in Beaverton also. So much of it walking around, offer to buy it a coffee who knows what might happen especially if you're wearing your ironic thick framed hipster glasses. But for pipes check out the Hot Box smoke shop I followed my intuition there once and was not disappointed. Sounds like luvinlife might have the ultimate glass hookup, though.

D

doihaveto

the only place i know of in nw is mary janes on 23rd. or the shops by saturday market.
or the new shop "tokens" on burnside and nw 20th. other than that your looking at sex shops and mom and pop shops.

HumboldtDr

HumboldtDr

Whats your ailment?
Supporter
Isnt there a 'Piece-of-Mind' in Portland? If not, take a drive to Seattle. They'll have Sovereignty of all price levels. Or Swiss perks, or Toro and others. Take cash and dont pay retail.

Top Bottom