Almost no growth, yellow leaves. Help!

• Thread starter marthajeep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marthajeep

marthajeep

So I have two autos at week 4. (Rqs auto gorilla and Dreamberry) The first two weeks looked quite good. Then between the start of 3-4 showed very limited growth and the first two true leaves turned yellow, now I’m noticing the next set are doing the same. At first I thought it was a calmag issue and possibly nitrogen deficiency and immediately started adding it to my water which is ro, probably should have started that sooner. At day one of week 3 I started a half dose of roots uprising grow as a top dress. Now I feel like the top leaves are a bit dark leading me to think nitrogen toxicity, but with yellow leaves I’m at a loss. I started lst at week 3 so I could understand them being shorter, but around 4 inches is a bit ridiculous. I’m growing in ffof with nature’s living soil mixed into the bottom third of my 3 gal fabric pots. I water every 2-3 days as the soil is bone dry by then. I’ve been running at 75 degrees/ 55% rh. Not sure if my light could be a factor, Viparspectra va 1000, but I have an hlg 135 v2 arriving in two days. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Almost no growth yellow leaves help
Almost no growth yellow leaves help 2
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I almost always check ph 1st, even if it's supposed to be ph balanced already.

BloodShot

BloodShot

So I have two autos at week 4. (Rqs auto gorilla and Dreamberry) The first two weeks looked quite good. Then between the start of 3-4 showed very limited growth and the first two true leaves turned yellow, now I’m noticing the next set are doing the same. At first I thought it was a calmag issue and possibly nitrogen deficiency and immediately started adding it to my water which is ro, probably should have started that sooner. At day one of week 3 I started a half dose of roots uprising grow as a top dress. Now I feel like the top leaves are a bit dark leading me to think nitrogen toxicity, but with yellow leaves I’m at a loss. I started lst at week 3 so I could understand them being shorter, but around 4 inches is a bit ridiculous. I’m growing in ffof with nature’s living soil mixed into the bottom third of my 3 gal fabric pots. I water every 2-3 days as the soil is bone dry by then. I’ve been running at 75 degrees/ 55% rh. Not sure if my light could be a factor, Viparspectra va 1000, but I have an hlg 135 v2 arriving in two days. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
Have you scoped for bugs yet on the underside of leaves?
I am seeing a lot of white specks on the tops of leaves.
How far away from the canopy is your light?
Check ph as advised above for sure and maybe test your runoff also...
Good luck, I only grew an auto once.

Last edited:
marthajeep

marthajeep

Check ph as advised above for sure ad maybe test your runoff also...
The light is about 30” from canopy and the white particles are from using tap water in the mist humidifier. I may grab a ph meter, but through my research with organic soil and nutes ph isn’t so important. I did an aquatic ph strip from my aquarium supplies and the water from my ro and tap came in at around 6.5. I do have a hunch though, anyone is welcome to weigh in. I have yellow leaves at the bottom possibly from lack of calmag from watering with straight ro for the first 3 weeks (been watering with for the past 7 days, two waterings) and then added the first top dress around the same time maybe before I should have giving me signs of nitrogen tox and calmag deficiency at the same time?

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

And I'm nervous my 2000w king plus wont be enough for bloom...I'm not sure if 1000w is enough. I'm new to leds though so I don't know anything, just guessing on that part

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Check ph as advised above for sure and maybe test your runoff also...
^ Agree, unless you've dusted your plants with some type of white powder you have a major infestation of mites. Please understand that all the symptoms you're chasing are likely caused by the underlying and core issue of a major mite infestation, and your current efforts are likely only throwing everything more out of whack; you will not be able to correct anything until you correct the mite issue, best wishes

Last edited:
marthajeep

marthajeep

^ Agree, you have a major infestation of mites. Please understand that all the symptoms you're chasing are likely caused by the underlying and core issue of a major mite infestation, and you will not be able to correct anything until you correct the mite issue, best wishes
How did you come to that conclusion? The white spots are mineral deposits from a cool mist humidifier as previously mentioned if you are capable of reading a thread from beginning to end. I don’t remember you coming over to inspect my plants with a microscope. If you’re throwing out speculation then phrase it as such. Your input has no substantive value, rather just a preponderance. Help yourself before others. Like on a downed plane. I’m asking for help, but please put the mask on before you do.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
^^^^ What Beachwalker said. If you don't have bugs I got $20 on calcium deficiency. No such thing as "calmag deficiency " but you said 3 weeks of straight RO, that's more than enough time to cause multiple nutrient deficiencies including calcium and potassium. Calcium deficiency starts off looking similar to spider mite damage.

marthajeep

marthajeep

^^^^ What Beachwalker said. If you don't have bugs I got $20 on calcium deficiency. No such thing as "calmag deficiency " but you said 3 weeks of straight RO, that's more than enough time to cause multiple nutrient deficiencies including calcium and potassium. Calcium deficiency starts off looking similar to spider mite damage.
So if I have multiple nutrient deficiencies, it’s impossible to have a deficiency of both cal and mag? Ie calmag? I don’t get it. How can there be no such thing of having a deficiency of two different elements? Put a bag over your head and tell me you don’t have more than one deficiency. Make sense? I guess it might be better explained as spider mites, not the plastic bag. I appreciate sound advice, but speculation is just that. If I have a few bucks to help a fellow out I will, but giving someone in need Monopoly money is just wrong.

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

How did you come to that conclusion? The white spots are mineral deposits from a cool mist humidifier as previously mentioned if you are capable of reading a thread from beginning to end. I don’t remember you coming over to inspect my plants with a microscope. If you’re throwing out speculation then phrase it as such. Your input has no substantive value, rather just a preponderance. Help yourself before others. Like on a downed plane. I’m asking for help, but please put the mask on before you do.
That's why I said "unless you've dusted your plants with some type of white powder" guess YOU didn't read that part?

It was my first sentence seems like you're the one not reading

I was only trying to help, you don't have to be condescending; maybe you should consider listening to see what it's like.

marthajeep

marthajeep

That's why I said "unless you've dusted your plants with some type of white powder" guess YOU didn't read that part?

I was only trying to help, you don't have to be condescending; maybe you should consider listening to see what it's like.

I’m sorry beachwalker. I appreciated your response. Maybe it’s an app thing reading in different sequences. I was responding to deadstill piggybacking off your post. No disrespect!

Last edited:
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

And I'm nervous my 2000w king plus wont be enough for bloom...I'm not sure if 1000w is enough. I'm new to leds though so I don't know anything, just guessing on that part
i have a couple of the 3k ones. i hate em. i have basically 2x600watt, metal hallides... basically, what they r. if ur diy handy- swap out some blues, for reds. they'll stretch alot... people... YOU... only need to concern ourselves, with burnin watts. the rest, is hype... u bone, with a softy? or the full 6"?... well... we're gettin boned, with hype watts and u ain't goin feel what ain't burnin, when u p.
also don't get the par i prefer, without overlap from other lights, or I'd bleach em, to get close enough to capitalize on it.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

that humidifier thing... u reminded me, i had seen that, once... ummm... eventually, the humidifier, will gum up, if u don't run ro through that, as well.- no mas speckles to b mistaken for, "f... now, i have pests"...

Myrcene

Myrcene

I mean, Martha you say you wait 2-3 days until the soil is bone dry? The plant looks stunted, like it probably dried out too much, and then was watered too much. Strict underwatering would prob have more leaf droop, but yours have that stunted look like they’ve stopped interacting with the roots. Maybe keeping the soil a little more moist would help.

My guess is simply under-watering, and then over-watering a bone dry lady... but I mean it could also be a milk deficiency or small invisible animals or something powdered shark penis can help with. 🥳 Best of luck!

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

i have a couple of the 3k ones. i hate em. i have basically 2x600watt, metal hallides... basically, what they r. if ur diy handy- swap out some blues, for reds. they'll stretch alot... people... YOU... only need to concern ourselves, with burnin watts. the rest, is hype... u bone, with a softy? or the full 6"?... well... we're gettin boned, with hype watts and u ain't goin feel what ain't burnin, when u p.
also don't get the par i prefer, without overlap from other lights, or I'd bleach em, to get close enough to capitalize on it.
SC
I used to have 1000w hps but cant do that here, I'm experimenting with leds to see how close to full hard 6" I can get lol. I expect a disappointing result but don't have any other options for now. Always up for pleasant surprise too tho

Top Bottom