Almost no trichomes on week 11 of flowering

• Thread starter gonzalomunioz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Hi growers, this is my second so far, and I repeated genetics, Amnesia XXL from Mystique Seeds, my previous grow (1st one ever) was great, with a lot to improve but overall great flowers, the only thing is that I think I cut them
too early, so now I tracked the dates and they’re at week 11 of flowering.

My concern is that they hadn’t produce much trichomes, last grow I thought that it could have been that they needed more time, but label says they take 12-13 weeks of flower, so hypothetically they’re almost done, and they look like so, with big, fat, chunky and dense buds, but when I look at them they don’t appear nearly as “frosty” as my other genetic (Amnesi-K Lemon from Kannabia Seeds), and when I look them through my jeweler’s loupe I see almost no trichomes.

My question is it just genetics? Or does it need some more time? Because the other plant is packed full of trichomes.

Pd: We’re on summer here in Argentina, I suspected that that could affected, because temp and humidity sometimes is super high.

FIRST 3 photos Amnesia XXL, the other photos are from the Amnesi-K Lemon

Almost no trichomes on week 11 of flowering
Almost no trichomes on week 11 of flowering 2
Almost no trichomes on week 11 of flowering 5
642FA111 DA5F 4481 B69C 1D51BC1A8589
8BEA2CE0 5DD1 4B28 8AF2 2EF3A649FDF0
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hi growers, this is my second so far, and I repeated genetics, Amnesia XXL from Mystique Seeds, my previous grow (1st one ever) was great, with a lot to improve but overall great flowers, the only thing is that I think I cut them
too early, so now I tracked the dates and they’re at week 11 of flowering.

My concern is that they hadn’t produce much trichomes, last grow I thought that it could have been that they needed more time, but label says they take 12-13 weeks of flower, so hypothetically they’re almost done, and they look like so, with big, fat, chunky and dense buds, but when I look at them they don’t appear nearly as “frosty” as my other genetic (Amnesi-K Lemon from Kannabia Seeds), and when I look them through my jeweler’s loupe I see almost no trichomes.

My question is it just genetics? Or does it need some more time? Because the other plant is packed full of trichomes.

Pd: We’re on summer here in Argentina, I suspected that that could affected, because temp and humidity sometimes is super high.

FIRST 3 photos Amnesia XXL, the other photos are from the Amnesi-K Lemon
Photo 4 really caught my eye, looks like there WPM on that bud, i could be wrong. Also, to much nitrogen can cause an extended flowering time.

2Bad

2Bad

Yeah definitely has some burnt leaves, but the very top of that little bud in photo 4 looks white, could also just be the photo playing tricks, i just dealt with pm for like 2.5 months so its still wicked fresh in my head lmao.
hahaha yeah im on a computer screen so I can see it more probably. It looks fine. Teamwork makes the dreamwork.

edit: also sorry to hear my guy

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Yeah on my phone it looks white lol. Gotta just be my eyes, been smoking hash all day.
Don’t get me scared like that 😂
When I get home i’ll post some better photos, but I think (and hope lol) that’s just the trichomes of the plant because its the other one is completely fine and doesn’t look white, also it’s not a powdery white, it’s sticky.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

you not feeding them for prolonged period probably had influence on gene initiating, regulating, and driving the development of trichome structures by slowing down metabolic activity in response to no or low levels of nutrients

TSD

TSD

Yeah on my phone it looks white lol. Gotta just be my eyes, been smoking hash all day.
I see what you mean and it does look sus...
Screenshot 20230201 234855 Chrome
could just be light glare though.

OP how did all the tiny crispy brown leaves happen? They won't ripen without being able to photosynthesize well... need juice to make that resin in those trichs lol. I'd say genetics and dial in your environment and feeding next run. ✌️

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

you not feeding them for prolonged period probably had influence on gene initiating, regulating, and driving the development of trichome structures by slowing down metabolic activity in response to no or low levels of nutrients
I understand what you mean, could I have done anything better to save them? I mean, they’re still going kinda nice, but do you have any tips?
I think mostly it was her overwatering the plants for almost 14 days, she did flush the nutes out

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

I see what you mean and it does look sus... View attachment 1326065could just be light glare though.

OP how did all the tiny crispy brown leaves happen? They won't ripen without being able to photosynthesize well... need juice to make that resin in those trichs lol. I'd say genetics and dial in your environment and feeding next run. ✌️
Some leaves turned brown because I had to leave my house for a trip for almost 2 weeks, my GF was the one who was watering them, and even tough I explained how much water she needed to give them, she did give them too much for those days, so they were without nutes those days and over watered.
I couldn’t do much, when I came back I started feeding them back again to try and recompose them.

Here’s some closer and better photos of that bue, leaves don’t have any whitey powder on them, and the bud neither, I think it was just a trick of the photo

11BE277B 8718 447D BC0B F6CEEB3FEB80
9EC7D8F3 9EB0 415A 80F0 DB46BEF827F8
CA799C2E F12C 465E 8955 8DDCAC427F5E
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I have deprived and tortured many a plant in my career. I think this is genetic. Some phenos of this cross just have either micro-trichs or a lack of trichs. I would guess if you used a magnifier, you'd see small trichs.

Try another breeder.

gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

Also, do you guys think my buds have foxtailed? I fear that they did foxtail because of temps and RH, they sometimes were super hard to control, I can’t find dehumidifiers here in Argentina neither I can buy an A/C for my grow tent only lol

FD84B8D9 0ED4 4A24 AC8A 1E58FFFB8C0D
353A3565 C485 4E25 8D31 C07C04D7FBD7
466DB4B4 32BF 4829 B515 C9B4725C22D6
53D84C82 DCD8 41DF 873F AD5DE3AA3477
gonzalomunioz

gonzalomunioz

I have deprived and tortured many a plant in my career. I think this is genetic. Some phenos of this cross just have either micro-trichs or a lack of trichs. I would guess if you used a magnifier, you'd see small trichs.

Try another breeder.
Thank you, it’s a shame but I’m more calm now that some people have told me that it does happen with some genetics. Yeah if a take a magnifier I can see some little trichs, but I’ll take your tip and stick with the other breeder

Here’s a closer photo of the trichs of them buds on that strain

7D52826D 1E72 40E5 A1CE A09D501FE99C
6FDFD478 26B3 4B69 8263 8072472FFF26
TSD

TSD

Well if it doesn't get you stoned as bud, you can always make Hash, then you get mostly just the trichs. Environmental control and genetics are more than half the battle of a grow to be honest so try to get that environment worked out before next time and try a new breeder.

Top Bottom