• Thread starter Samoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoan

Samoan

(Found this thread on Aloe Vera) -GOOD INFO

A few properties of Aloe Vera

Amino Acid

Aloe Vera contains the following Amino Acids: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Threonine, Valine, And Tryptophan, Alanine, Arginine, Asparagine, Cysteine, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Histidine, Proline, Serine, Tyrosine, Glutamine, And Aspartic Acid.

Enzymes

Those include the following: Amylase, Bradykinase, Catalase, Cellulase, Lipase, Oxidase, Alkaline Phosphatase, Proteolytiase, Creatine Phosphokinase and Carboxypeptidase.

Micro & Micro Nutrients

These include Vitamins A, C, E and B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12 in addition to Choline, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Magnanese, Chromium, Selenium, Copper, Iorn, Potassium, Phosphorus and Sodium.

Lingnins & Polysaccharides

They include: Galactose, Xylose, Arabinose, Acetylated Mannose And Acemannan.

And of course there's the Salicylic acid compound and its associated benefits as far as root development. Adding 1/4 cup of Aloe Vera juice/extract/whatever term you want to use to 1 gallon of water and use that to wet your rooting medium - even Grodan Rockwool cubes - will give you root size and development that is nothing short of amazing. Or at least in my experience.

HTH

CC

Samoan

Samoan

THE BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA IN THE ORGANIC GARDEN
November 18, 2016 Published by Chris Cloud
The Benefits of Aloe Vera in the Organic Garden

By Chris Cloud

Aloe Vera is a nutrient accumulator and works well when foliar sprayed onto plant leaves just before sunlight. Nutrient accumulators are great sources for the full panorama of elements that your plants need. It contains a plethora of amino acids (Isoleucine, Lysine, Glutamine, to name a few) along with enzymes (Amylase, Catalase, Cellulase) as well as micro nutrients (Vitamins A, C, E, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12) along with choline, calcium, magnesium, zinc and more. But that’s not all! Aloe vera also has lignins and polysaccharides including Galactose and Xylose.

Aloe Vera has two very important compounds for overall health growth, saponins and salycilic acid. Saponins are typically promoted as wetting agents or surfactant, but their role is far more complex than that. Their roles relate to triggering plants in different systems, most specifically the system acquired resistance (SAR) and hormone acquired resistance (HAR).

I recommend foliar spraying your plants with Aloe Vera 3 times per week.

Aloe Vera Foliar Spray Instructions

1. Fresh aloe is best. Try to cut a filet off the plant and scrape the Aloe Vera gel on the inside. You can also use 200x aloe powder.
  1. Mix two teaspoons of fresh aloe gel to 1 gallon of water and spray within 15 minutes of cutting the plant.
*Important: Aloe Vera gel will ferment within 20 minutes after 20 minutes of exposure to air.

Organic Clone Rooting Instructions

1. Mix one gallon of water with 1oz Ful-Power
  2. Mix two ounces of fresh aloe or powdered mix (right before you soak)
  3. Mix one teaspoon Potassium Silicate.
  • Immediately dip fresh cuttings in this solution. Soak in rapid rooters for 10 minutes or other rooting media, place cutting in media. Spray with Aloe Vera foliar solution until rooted and clone in propagation chamber as normal.

Categorized in: Uncategorized

This post was written by Chris Cloud

Samoan

Samoan

Yes aloe is excellent for plants. I use a mix of Aloe, Protek, and Neem as a spray/foliar
Nice! When using Aloe in a Foliar spray, would you recommend adding any wetting agent/surfactant? -I was thinking that Aloe itself would do that job?

I like that you use Protek in your Foliar -I have read that is the best way to utilize it? (Same as with Epsom - Apply via Foliar?
Silica...as it mostly strengthens and repairs plant by thickening cell walls adding heat resistance, bug / mold / mildew/pathogen resistance, help metabolic process, -nutrient uptake/photosynthesis, add antioxidant, and denser roots and can even increase the formation, sturdiness,size andresin content of thc glands?

I read Dynagrow Protek is one of the more concentrated silica solutions on the market, also read a little about rhino skin.
I just got a gallon of Protek.

I started to use neem oil, -I wanted an organic way to deter the pests on my patio, main one right now is white fly.

I read somewhere that neem oil can have suppressive effects on microbial life?

(Hi (first my posting btw). I specialize in these little microbes and their networks. Neem oil will harm some of the beneficial microbes in the soil and some that even live on the foliage as well. Others however, can benifit from it given the concentration of the active ingingredient in the oil and the emulsifier that is blended to help it mix with water. The majority of neem are faty acids omega 3, 6,&9; many benificial microbes eat these. And unless you are Spryaing the neem oil directly on or below the soil, small ammounts should barely drip on the ground.
It never hurts to replenish the microbial population with compost tea or a little molasses and fish emulsion. Hope this helpe)

Samoan

Samoan

I just did a Foliar Spray on some vegging monster-clones day 2 of flower.. after 24hour light - outside during the day, and inside under a 400w mh at night.

2 qt r/o h20

1/4 tsp Protek Silica

1 tsp grow better liquid kelp

5 tsp Fulvic acid - homemade (I mixed 500g of peat moss
Add it to 1.5L of white vinegar
Leave the solution for 2 days
Strain out the composted peat moss
Use at a dilution rate of 1ml per liter of solution)?

Ph mixture to 6.2

2 tsp fresh Aloe gel cut - To mix I add the aloe gel in a blender and pour in most of the solution

Samoan

Samoan

@DrMcSkunkins I better pick a couple of young coconuts, I heard that mixture of Aloe Juice/Coconut Juice works really well for rooting clones?

Samoan

Samoan

@CaliRooted @DrMcSkunkins

A “Protein Drink” for Your Plants
Raw, organic aloe vera juice is an amazing addition to your regular waterings or foliar feedings at 1⁄4 cup per gallon of water. Think of aloe vera doing for your plants what a protein shake does for an elite athlete: providing the body what it needs to grow bigger and stronger by giving it more raw material. Just like a human body will use amino acids to make proteins and proteins to make muscles, plants will use simple sugars to make starches, and starches to make their structures. Aloe vera juice is chock-full of simple sugars and starches, giving your plants the nutrition they need for serious performance.

For Plants That Grow Like Coconut Palms
Raw, organic coconut water can replace an armload of top-secret grow formulas. Added to feedings at 15 milliliters per liter of H2O, coconut water will cause your plants to grow faster, more vigorously, and with more buds sites and shorter internodal distances. Keep in mind that a coconut is the biggest seed on Earth — and like any other seed, it contains enough nutrition for the plant to grow until it develops sufficient leaves to make its own food. Coconut trees get taller by growing huge palm leaves that die off, leaving a trunk — which means that unlike cannabis, which grows stem space between each set of branches, coconut water has cytokinins (sigh-toe-kine-ens), hormones that signal the plant to divide cells in the roots and growing shoots, equaling explosive growth. Coconut water is also a great source of cal- cium, magnesium, and other minerals and elements your plants need.

Samoan

Samoan

I want to add that Coconut Trees only have 'one' apical maristem...so only grows straight up-Must have a lot of growth hormone? ...and straight down-The roots, unlike most trees w/taproot, have massive 'fibrous' root system...these have latteral roots.

Also not a true nut, - a 'Drupe'

Shell good for making ash

And you want 'Young Coconut Water' -Most grow nutrients and it will be in least acidic state

Samoan

Samoan

Coconut Water – This is the clear liquid portion of the endosperm. When the coconut is about six to seven months old, the water is ready to drink; the coconut is full-sized, but is still green with no trace of yellow on the exocarp. This is the point in the growth cycle when the jelly-like flesh of the endosperm begins to solidify. The coconut should be picked by hand, not fallen from the tree. At this point there is about one liter of liquid in the coconut, but you can’t hear it inside the fruit when shaken. The water is at its sweetest and it is lowest in acidity, and can only be stored for about two days. The characteristics of the water change as the fruit matures: an immature coconut 3 – 5 months old (before the endosperm begins to form) has tasteless water that is somewhat astringent; the water of a mature coconut has a slightly salty taste and is more acidic.

Coconut Milk – This should not be confused with coconut water. When a mature coconut drops off the tree, it still contains some of the liquid endosperm. This can be combined with grated coconut meat to make coconut milk. It has a fat content of approximately 17 percent. The milk is used to produce virgin coconut oil by means of fractionation (a closely controlled heating process); when the process is completed, the oil fraction is drawn off.

Samoan

Samoan

Aloe Thread Gone Coco

Hawaiian names for the various stages of coconut fruit development:
  • ‘o ‘io – Unripened fruit contains jelly-like translucent flesh you can eat with a spoon.
  • hao hao – Almost half matured with shell still white and flesh is soft and white.
  • ho ‘ilikole – Half-ripe, meat eaten raw with red salt and poi.
  • niu o‘o – Fruit is mature but the husk has not dried.
  • niu malo‘o – Fruit is mature, the husk is dry, water still present; best stage for planting; used to make coconut cream, which when mixed with kalo/taro makes a dish called kulolo; with `uala/sweet potato it is called poipalau; and paipaie’e with ripe `ulu/breadfruit. The mature meat of coconut is also grated, squeezed or scraped to be cooked in main dishes with fish, chicken or greens.
  • niu ka‘a – Old fruit with no water and flesh separated from shell; coconut oil is extracted at this stage.
Parts of the Fruit
The exocarp is the thin outermost layer (or skin) of the fruit. The mesocarp is a thick husk composed of coarse brown fibers (coir). The endocarp is the hard, but relatively thin woody inner layer of a fruit that contains the endosperm. The endosperm is partly liquid (“coconut water”) and partly solid (fibrous white coconut “flesh” or “meat”, which adheres to the inner wall of the endocarp). The liquid portion of the endosperm is rich in minerals, vitamins, Lauric (fatty acid-based) oils, and carbohydrates. The minute embryo (or seed) is embedded in the solid fleshy portion of the endosperm just inside one of the three germination pores (called “eyes”) through which the radicle (the embryonic root of the seedling) emerges when the embryo germinates.

Samoan

Samoan

"The liquid portion of the endosperm is rich in minerals, vitamins, Lauric (fatty acid-based) oils, and carbohydrates. "

Samoan

Samoan

"I want to add that Coconut Trees only have 'one' apical maristem...so only grows straight up-Must have a lot of growth hormone? ...and straight down-The roots, unlike most trees w/taproot, have massive 'fibrous' root system...these have latteral roots."

"Coconut trees get taller by growing huge palm leaves that die off, leaving a trunk — which means that unlike cannabis, which grows stem space between each set of branches, coconut water has cytokinins (sigh-toe-kine-ens), hormones that signal the plant to divide cells in the roots and growing shoots, equaling explosive growth. Coconut water is also a great source of cal- cium, magnesium, and other minerals and elements your plants need."

Top Bottom