Aloha from the Big Island of Hawai’i

• Thread starter K2xm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K2xm

K2xm

Aloha kakou (everyone),

I am on the Hamakua coast, in a very sunny and usually very plentiful rainfall area, with frequent winds 15-20 mph.

We’re experienced tokers from way back in the 1970s. We’ve grown a little for our own use several times in the last 50 years. Never gotten too serious about it, as pakalolo grows so easily (well for us, we’ve got 2 green thumbs). I’ve grown fruits and veggies in a garden since I was a kid. I bought my first ounce for $15 with money I earned from selling tomatoes in the neighborhood out of my little red wagon.

After that, unwilling to just throw good seeds away (all pot we got back then had tons of seeds, which had to be separated - get out the Monopoly game box - before you could smoke it if you didn’t want fireworks or the telltale sign your a stoner - a round burn mark in your car seat), I grew some plants, intermixed with colorful Coleus plants in my front bedroom window before 99.9% of Americans knew what a pot leaf looked like. Good thing, cause those plants just plastered their hands flat on the windows seeking sun. It was a really pretty sight, but also extremely visible from the road, 40’ from the window. I didn’t realize the plants were so visible, and I guess I never bothered to look at the from the road until the plants were covering the entire window. One of three entrances into a large subdivision, so many people drove by, including law enforcement.

Weed had a lot less THC back then. That necessitated rolling lot of joints. I got so good at rolling, I could roll a pretty decent splif one handed, blindfolded, riding backwards on a wild stallion in a windstorm. No really, I just was told that story when I was about 16 by some old guy. He was talking about cigarettes. He was this weird friend of my boss. He was probably 35. Seemed really old back then

So I’ve been growing off and on (15 years ofrandom employer pee testing kept me from burning one very often for 15 years) for about 50 years. Always thought it would be legalized long before now.

I mostly vape, wife smokes a glass pipe, and I’ve had friends share some of their homegrown concentrates. Besides being really easy to get really fucked up, I really enjoy that clean, crisp taste of a good pure concentrate. I’m interested in making some myself.
I have very recently read about delta-8 THC, and I’m interested in learning more about that.

I think that it won’t be long now till the fed delist cannabis completely and leaves it up to the states. Hopefully we can get recreational legalized here in Hawai’i really soon. We’ve got some state government people who are very pro cannabis. We’ve still got some people around who still think Reefer Madness was a true documentary

I’ve come here to help me learn to get the best tasting weed on the island. Hopefully I can give some help to someone else out there.

WEED

Aloha kakou (everyone),

I am on the Hamakua coast, in a very sunny (215 W/m2 annual average or 5.2 kWh/m2/day average) and usually very plentiful rainfall area (170” a year), with frequent winds 15-20 mph.

We’re experienced tokers from way back in the 1970s. We’ve grown a little for our own use several times in the last 50 years. Never gotten too serious about it, as pakalolo grows so easily (well for us, we’ve got 2 green thumbs). I’ve grown fruits and veggies in a garden since I was a kid. I bought my first ounce for $15 with money I earned from selling tomatoes in the neighborhood out of my little red wagon.

After that, unwilling to just throw good seeds away (all pot we got back then had tons of seeds, which had to be separated - get out the Monopoly game box - before you could smoke it if you didn’t want fireworks or the telltale sign your a stoner - a round burn mark in your car seat from a flying burning seed), I grew some plants, intermixed with colorful Coleus plants in my front bedroom window before 99.9% of non stoners knew what a pot leaf looked like. Good thing, cause those plants just plastered their hands flat on the windows seeking sun. It was a really pretty sight, but also extremely visible from the road, 40’ from the window. I didn’t realize the plants were so visible, and I guess I never bothered to look at the house from the road until the plants were covering the entire window. Our house was real close to one of three entrances into a large subdivision, so many people drove by, including law enforcement.

Weed had a lot less THC back then. That necessitated rolling lot of joints. I got so good at rolling, I could roll a pretty decent splif one handed, blindfolded, riding backwards on a wild stallion in a windstorm. Not really, I just was told that story when I was about 16 by some old guy. He was talking about cigarettes. He was this weird friend of my boss. He was probably 35. Seemed really old back then. But I rolled big fatties. No New York nails for me.

So I’ve been growing off and on for about 50 years. 15 years of random employer pee testing kept me from burning one very often. Always thought it would be legalized long before now.

I mostly vape, wife smokes a glass pipe, and I’ve had friends share some of their homegrown concentrates. Besides being really easy to get really fucked up, I really enjoy that clean, crisp taste of a good pure concentrate. I’m interested in making some myself. Just pure concentrate. Don’t think vaping oil or glycols is a good idea.

I have very recently read about delta-8 THC, and I’m interested in learning more about that.

I think that it won’t be long now till the fed delist cannabis completely and leaves it up to the states. Hopefully we can get recreational legalized here in Hawai’i really soon. We’ve got some state government people who are very pro cannabis. We’ve still got some people around who still think Reefer Madness was a true documentary.

I’ve come here to help me learn to get the best tasting weed on the island. Hopefully I can give some help to someone else out there.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

It does seem odd that Hawaii isn't a legal state, since the reefer from Hawaii has been legendary since the 70s. Of course, I've never been to Hawaii, so I have no idea of the attitudes.

GimpDaddy

GimpDaddy

Aloha!! E Komo Mai!!!

kick off your slippers on the way in the door Ah?
welcome to da Farm.
I grew up on Oahu, on the Leeward side, but been living in Oregon for the past 7 years or so. Glad to have you here with us.
Love me some Big Island Weed!! The Big Island widow is one of my favorites of all time. Just scored some seeds of Aloha White Widow x Elephant and I’m planning on trying them out soon.

K2xm

K2xm

It does seem odd that Hawaii isn't a legal state, since the reefer from Hawaii has been legendary since the 70s. Of course, I've never been to Hawaii, so I have no idea of the attitudes.
Seems lots of us growing here, lots of us share our harvest. Medical has been legal here for 20 years. A caretaker can grow for you. It was decriminalized in 2017. In 2020, they made it a small fine for possession of 3 grams or less. 3 grams seems pretty silly.

Dirtboy808

Dirtboy808

Howzit K2xm You lucky guy, you live a p[lace that has dirt. lol Hope you have a killer summer. Aloha DB

dire wolf

dire wolf

Aloha kakou (everyone),

I am on the Hamakua coast, in a very sunny and usually very plentiful rainfall area, with frequent winds 15-20 mph.

After that, unwilling to just throw good seeds away (all pot we got back then had tons of seeds, which had to be separated - get out the Monopoly game box - before you could smoke it if you didn’t want fireworks or the telltale sign your a stoner - a round burn mark in your car seat), I grew some plants, intermixed with colorful Coleus plants in my front bedroom window before 99.9% of Americans knew what a pot leaf looked like. Good thing, cause those plants just plastered their hands flat on the windows seeking sun. It was a really pretty sight, but also extremely visible from the road, 40’ from the window. I didn’t realize the plants were so visible, and I guess I never bothered to look at the from the road until the plants were covering the entire window. One of three entrances into a large subdivision, so many people drove by, including law enforcement.

Weed had a lot less THC back then. That necessitated rolling lot of joints. I got so good at rolling, I could roll a pretty decent splif one handed, blindfolded, riding backwards on a wild stallion in a windstorm. No really, I just was told that story when I was about 16 by some old guy. He was talking about cigarettes. He was this weird friend of my boss. He was probably 35. Seemed really old back then

So I’ve been growing off and on (15 years ofrandom employer pee testing kept me from burning one very often for 15 years) for about 50 years. Always thought it would be legalized long before now.

I mostly vape, wife smokes a glass pipe, and I’ve had friends share some of their homegrown concentrates. Besides being really easy to get really fucked up, I really enjoy that clean, crisp taste of a good pure concentrate. I’m interested in making some myself.

I think that it won’t be long now till the fed delist cannabis completely and leaves it up to the states. Hopefully we can get recreational legalized here in Hawai’i really soon. We’ve got some state government people who are very pro cannabis. We’ve still got some people around who still think Reefer Madness was a true documentary

WEED

Aloha kakou (everyone),

I am on the Hamakua coast, in a very sunny (215 W/m2 annual average or 5.2 kWh/m2/day average) and usually very plentiful rainfall area (170” a year), with frequent winds 15-20 mph.

After that, unwilling to just throw good seeds away (all pot we got back then had tons of seeds, which had to be separated - get out the Monopoly game box - before you could smoke it if you didn’t want fireworks or the telltale sign your a stoner - a round burn mark in your car seat from a flying burning seed), I grew some plants, intermixed with colorful Coleus plants in my front bedroom window before 99.9% of non stoners knew what a pot leaf looked like. Good thing, cause those plants just plastered their hands flat on the windows seeking sun. It was a really pretty sight, but also extremely visible from the road, 40’ from the window. I didn’t realize the plants were so visible, and I guess I never bothered to look at the house from the road until the plants were covering the entire window. Our house was real close to one of three entrances into a large subdivision, so many people drove by, including law enforcement.

Weed had a lot less THC back then. That necessitated rolling lot of joints. I got so good at rolling, I could roll a pretty decent splif one handed, blindfolded, riding backwards on a wild stallion in a windstorm. Not really, I just was told that story when I was about 16 by some old guy. He was talking about cigarettes. He was this weird friend of my boss. He was probably 35. Seemed really old back then. But I rolled big fatties. No New York nails for me.

So I’ve been growing off and on for about 50 years. 15 years of random employer pee testing kept me from burning one very often. Always thought it would be legalized long before now.

I mostly vape, wife smokes a glass pipe, and I’ve had friends share some of their homegrown concentrates. Besides being really easy to get really fucked up, I really enjoy that clean, crisp taste of a good pure concentrate. I’m interested in making some myself. Just pure concentrate. Don’t think vaping oil or glycols is a good idea.

I think that it won’t be long now till the fed delist cannabis completely and leaves it up to the states. Hopefully we can get recreational legalized here in Hawai’i really soon. We’ve got some state government people who are very pro cannabis. We’ve still got some people around who still think Reefer Madness was a true documentary.

Hey K , did you know Freddy Rice

K2xm

K2xm

Off topic, but dude kona coffee is amazing
Yes it is! Drinking a cup right now. Have a friend who grows great coffee near Holualoa- a sweet spot in the Kona coffee belt. Also a friend down on the south end of the island near Waiohinu- in the Ka’ū coffee growing region- grows some amazing coffee. We used to live down that way and had a few dozen coffee trees, but picking coffee cherry and processing it to get really good coffee is a lot of work! Growing weed is so much easier, and can be traded for roasted beans.

K2xm

K2xm

Howzit K2xm You lucky guy, you live a p[lace that has dirt. lol Hope you have a killer summer. Aloha DB
Our dirt here is incredible! Dig it up and it crumbles into coffee grounds. So nice to plant in. Hopefully when we’re full legal, we’ll plant a few acres in cannabis.

K2xm

K2xm

howzit uncle I grew up Naalehu in Ka'u district & live Oahu now
Aloha Braddah, I lived down that way a while ago - Waiohinu just a little ways down Kamaoa Road. But I found nice property up Hamakua and had some friends there so I moved north.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello ! If you look around here you might find a good recipe or two. I dont have any links by hand now. Welcome on here. You got long experience with gardening. I grow some cherry tomatoes for the first time now.

K2xm

K2xm

Hello ! If you look around here you might find a good recipe or two. I dont have any links by hand now. Welcome on here. You got long experience with gardening. I grow some cherry tomatoes for the first time now.
Love tomatoes. Growing some very delicious ones here. But I need to start some new seedlings. Have some heirloom varieties that did well here. Current plant are getting scraggly. But the Saffron Finches we have here - about 100 of them - they come to eat our chickens food - they like to peck holes in the tomatoes. The chickens like cannabis- they ate the bottom leaves off my plants until I fenced them out.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Welcome, I love Hawaii, I spent 2 years there off and on in 77,78,79,80. Then back as a tourist in 86,87,88,89. We've been to 2 week Maui, 2 weeks Kauai, 2 weeks on Molokai, and a month on the Big Island. We stayed close to where you live one night, we took a drive into the forest there until we ran out of gas well almost wife was bitching this is not the place to get lost without gas.lol Fun times back when we had some money for tropical Vacations.....its all over no.....well ya never no.....I might win a lottery or Bezos might just send me some cash as the 10 trillionth customer.

Anyways welcome I'm an indoor 68 yr old grower in the cold north east in Canada that loved the sweet bud we had in those days..as others have said I'm surprised you were'nt one of the first legal seeing as it was accepted by old and young alike in the 70's....Just too much gov / military people. Feds don't like freedom.

BraddahRoot

BraddahRoot

starting 5x Humboldt Seed Company's Lemongrass

I think it could do well outdoors here

dire wolf

dire wolf

No I don’t. He close to Laupahoehoe?
Not sure , though he's a well known fishing pioneer from the big island , sorta a legend , I guess you have to be into fishing to pay any attention to that though , I was under the impression most kona folks knew or heard of him ....had a big ranch also and a legend in that scene , but it was a long time ago .....
I fished with him a bit when I was on the island , but that was 30 years ago ......

K2xm

K2xm

Not sure , though he's a well known fishing pioneer from the big island , sorta a legend , I guess you have to be into fishing to pay any attention to that though , I was under the impression most kona folks knew or heard of him ....had a big ranch also and a legend in that scene , but it was a long time ago .....
I fished with him a bit when I was on the island , but that was 30 years ago ......
I’ll have to ask around about Freddie. I love to fish, but been too busy lately to go myself. I buy fish on the side of the road near Hilo - forgot the boat name but they usually have ahi and sometimes mahi or others... love to get out myself- soon come mon

dire wolf

dire wolf

I’ll have to ask around about Freddie. I love to fish, but been too busy lately to go myself. I buy fish on the side of the road near Hilo - forgot the boat name but they usually have ahi and sometimes mahi or others... love to get out myself- soon come mon
Hey k , ask around , won't take longe before you hear some strong Hawaiian history , the rice family wher cowboys on the big island ranches , Freddy and his son McGrew rice ran a Bertram called ihuie nui , spelling may be wrong , I fished with him in kona , trolling the drop in search of the big blues ....great memories , that was in the late 80's ....real Hawaiian legend , ask around or google , you'll get the story Freddy Rice .........

Latest posts

Top Bottom