Alpine Seeds?

• Thread starter cheeseofchad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheeseofchad

has anyone grown anything from alpine seeds?im interested in larry og....

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I was actually a bit curious about these guys as well. They seem to be holding a cut of the Sweet Pink Grapefruit from Breeder Steve that they are offering in seed form; this is a plant that is on my "to have" list of plants. On most of the places where these guys sell seeds they are sold out, so do these guys still exist? Does anyone know a reliable source to purchase their gear?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i think your gonna have to shout louder hahahah thread a few years old,anyway did you check seed finder?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

i think your gonna have to shout louder hahahah thread a few years old,anyway did you check seed finder?

Of course I did. And I knew this was a very old thread; but why start a new one with the same name when I could revive this one? I was able to find their seeds available at one source, but since it was only one I am a bit worried that the stock is either old or not the real thing. Most of the other place I have seen them listed they have no stock, and it has been a few months since I started looking at this company.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Of course I did. And I knew this was a very old thread; but why start a new one with the same name when I could revive this one? I was able to find their seeds available at one source, but since it was only one I am a bit worried that the stock is either old or not the real thing. Most of the other place I have seen them listed they have no stock, and it has been a few months since I started looking at this company.
more than likely they are gonna be old ,no doubt ,not a popular strain id guess ,never heard of it to your post,thing is even the fresh seeds can be a bitch to germ,scaring the seeds helps tons on old seeds,i mention seed finder for giving all breeder sales,have you looked at realseeds,cant remeber the rest of site name,but they deal in really odd and difrent strains from the mountians to tropics, they post a lot on seed finder if you see the name check them out,good luck trying to get in touch with them i emailed them twice and they never got back with me,i just take it as a good ole boy thing or you need tits to get them to reply,or maybe i just dont have the right smelling money,no clue .
swami organic seeds has a bunch of off the wall strains to might find it there

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

more than likely they are gonna be old ,no doubt ,not a popular strain id guess ,never heard of it to your post,thing is even the fresh seeds can be a bitch to germ,scaring the seeds helps tons on old seeds,i mention seed finder for giving all breeder sales,have you looked at realseeds,cant remeber the rest of site name,but they deal in really odd and difrent strains from the mountians to tropics, they post a lot on seed finder if you see the name check them out,good luck trying to get in touch with them i emailed them twice and they never got back with me,i just take it as a good ole boy thing or you need tits to get them to reply,or maybe i just dont have the right smelling money,no clue .
swami organic seeds has a bunch of off the wall strains to might find it there

That was my thought, I am surprised you have never heard of Sweet Pink Grapefruit, it had a lot of popularity in the late 90's and early 00's. They were part of the first fruit flavored Cannabis craze. I am just partial to strains of that era; I honestly seem to enjoy the varieties from that time period more than current stuff.

I will check out Realseeds, thanks for the tip.

I have had my eye on a bunch of Swami's gear for a while, particularly the Cherry Bomb he is holding. Right now my seed library is already too large with too many seeds that need to be popped and not enough time or space to pop them all.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

That was my thought, I am surprised you have never heard of Sweet Pink Grapefruit, it had a lot of popularity in the late 90's and early 00's. They were part of the first fruit flavored Cannabis craze. I am just partial to strains of that era; I honestly seem to enjoy the varieties from that time period more than current stuff.

I will check out Realseeds, thanks for the tip.

I have had my eye on a bunch of Swami's gear for a while, particularly the Cherry Bomb he is holding. Right now my seed library is already too large with too many seeds that need to be popped and not enough time or space to pop them all.
i ran the cherry bomb,beautiful plant ,little red spears all over the tops,the spears showed up about 5 weeks in if i remember correct,mama got a good buzz from it,did nothing for me,i sure enjoyed growing it though was a bring the teacher a apple plant,i couldnt even kill it she did,so that said dont take me not getting a buzz from it as a downer ,i really dont do very much with my plants,i have to many outdoor plants that keep me busy and such along with all the other shit i got going,so medicine is bottom of the list for attention,tell you one thing though for you to keep oin mind if you run there gear,they dont like feed at all in soil,the breeder work um that way,hydro or soiless might be difrent,but every time i tried to give a little boast it sure enough let me know it didnt like it.
i ran yogi,nigerian sunshine,cherry bomb,punto rojo x the one and last was the vietnam black and punto rojo,that one was the perfect one for me,damn great smoke just right for my speedy mind

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

now you mention it,i do remember the grapefruit craze,i just prefer the indiana bubble gum around that time,anything but that damn skunk oh man hated that shit and im sure these days it just as bad hahahah.
i cant remeber which site it was about a year ago there was a fella crossing a lot of strains with grapefruit ,just dont recall which and who ,im a stoner what can i say hahahh

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

now you mention it,i do remember the grapefruit craze,i just prefer the indiana bubble gum around that time,anything but that damn skunk oh man hated that shit and im sure these days it just as bad hahahah.
i cant remeber which site it was about a year ago there was a fella crossing a lot of strains with grapefruit ,just dont recall which and who ,im a stoner what can i say hahahh

It was weird, where I grew up we didn't get much skunk; it was a lot of haze, Mexican import, beasters and every now and then a decent fruity smoke. I was told once that what I got was bubblegum but I never thought it was. Once the better stuff started going around it was all called 'exotics' so specific strain determinations were always tough to figure out. But once Sour Diesel hit and got big the game was over, everything became Sour and variety disappeared.

I got the grapefruit a bit when I was in college, but it is a different cut than the Sweet Pink Grapefruit from Breeder Steve (of Spice of Life), he made his Sweet Pink Grapefruit from the original grapefruit cut. I believe it was BCGA who made the first seeds with the regular grapefruit and a few crosses were made. I can't remember who from exactly, maybe BC Bud Depot, but the BC Grapefruit is still available in seed form. It does seem that the Sweet Pink Grapefruit was a Breeder Steve special, but he used it to create Sweetooth and Sweet Skunk (not Island Sweet Skunk). The real question is what happened to those strains? Even though the citrus flavors have been popular for over a decade now thanks to Chem and Sour D there is more lemon, lime and orange flavors out there right now, a good grapefruit flavor would be a nice change of pace. Plus I am totally sick of the cannabanoid and terpene profiles of the Chem and OG crosses dominating the market and the genetics of the 90's would be a wonderful change of pace. I just grabbed Cindy '99 from Bros. Grimm, Monkey Balls from Hazeman (a Deep Chunk F2), Pink Bubblegum from Mosca and Eastercoasterlamb from Mass Medical (a cross of a mystery skunk and Lambs bread).

I do enjoy a good skunk, the UK Cheese is one of my favorites. I used to have it about a decade ago and I would love to have it back. I love that awful pungency that kinda has a rotting smell. What is it about skunk that you don't like.

As I said before, I just got a pack of Mosca's Pink Bubblegum, which is Indiana Bubblegum x Pink 2.0, I am really excited about these seeds. I am expecting some nice results from those beans.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It was weird, where I grew up we didn't get much skunk; it was a lot of haze, Mexican import, beasters and every now and then a decent fruity smoke. I was told once that what I got was bubblegum but I never thought it was. Once the better stuff started going around it was all called 'exotics' so specific strain determinations were always tough to figure out. But once Sour Diesel hit and got big the game was over, everything became Sour and variety disappeared.

I got the grapefruit a bit when I was in college, but it is a different cut than the Sweet Pink Grapefruit from Breeder Steve (of Spice of Life), he made his Sweet Pink Grapefruit from the original grapefruit cut. I believe it was BCGA who made the first seeds with the regular grapefruit and a few crosses were made. I can't remember who from exactly, maybe BC Bud Depot, but the BC Grapefruit is still available in seed form. It does seem that the Sweet Pink Grapefruit was a Breeder Steve special, but he used it to create Sweetooth and Sweet Skunk (not Island Sweet Skunk). The real question is what happened to those strains? Even though the citrus flavors have been popular for over a decade now thanks to Chem and Sour D there is more lemon, lime and orange flavors out there right now, a good grapefruit flavor would be a nice change of pace. Plus I am totally sick of the cannabanoid and terpene profiles of the Chem and OG crosses dominating the market and the genetics of the 90's would be a wonderful change of pace. I just grabbed Cindy '99 from Bros. Grimm, Monkey Balls from Hazeman (a Deep Chunk F2), Pink Bubblegum from Mosca and Eastercoasterlamb from Mass Medical (a cross of a mystery skunk and Lambs bread).

I do enjoy a good skunk, the UK Cheese is one of my favorites. I used to have it about a decade ago and I would love to have it back. I love that awful pungency that kinda has a rotting smell. What is it about skunk that you don't like.

As I said before, I just got a pack of Mosca's Pink Bubblegum, which is Indiana Bubblegum x Pink 2.0, I am really excited about these seeds. I am expecting some nice results from those beans.
that sounds like what your looking for,i got my bubble gum from bogs years ago,it was close to the real deal but not if you dig,or taste seem to give with age ,but the true bubble gum you never forget hahahah,it hard to find the old stuff ,most claim it is but just sales gimmicks,thats why i mentioned swami,there are close,the vietnam black x punto rojo is pretty damn close to the stuff i had in the 70's,the one is a male columbine that made most these strains they have,ive grown the yogi,cherry bomb,nigerian sunshine,have 2 of them going now,the one x punto rojo,still got choclate thai i havent grown yet,gas told me it was for the older crowd and great for pain so it next on the list,i had no problem with shipping actually they have been the best so far,beside swami all ive ever ordered was nirvania,that was a damn nightmare hahahah,i dont like the skunk because i dont like to reek of it,even how it just burns into your sinus and smell the shit all the time,the skunk these days might be difrent hadnt had any interest just from the name,the old was throw your ass back in a chair back in the day,but that smell,it came around right around the time they started spraying shit in mexico,all you could get and it wasnt my fav matter of fact i just started drinking more for my buzz hahaha,crazy as i am i miss the brick days,that creeper weed was my fav for sure

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I am definitely a bit younger than you, but the Mexican stuff we got was absolute garbage, in fact we were always worried about what was sprayed on that gear.

But I love that reek from good skunk. Maybe because the only really good skunk I have had was grown by me or someone I knew, but it is one of my favorite aromas in cannabis. The UK Cheese has that great stink with a slight sweetness on the back end of both the aroma and flavor.

But I am with you on the Swami gear, I am on a seed buying hold right now, but his gear is at the top of my to purchase list. I definitely trust that his gear is what he says it is. But I do trust Mosca too, he has always proven to be a good breeder who doesn't need to embellish upon his genetics.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I am definitely a bit younger than you, but the Mexican stuff we got was absolute garbage, in fact we were always worried about what was sprayed on that gear.

But I love that reek from good skunk. Maybe because the only really good skunk I have had was grown by me or someone I knew, but it is one of my favorite aromas in cannabis. The UK Cheese has that great stink with a slight sweetness on the back end of both the aroma and flavor.

But I am with you on the Swami gear, I am on a seed buying hold right now, but his gear is at the top of my to purchase list. I definitely trust that his gear is what he says it is. But I do trust Mosca too, he has always proven to be a good breeder who doesn't need to embellish upon his genetics.
im not hunting but i will check them out,whoops did find them ,no pricing on nothing though,you use them before,how about shipping any problems

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

No I never ordered any from any of the current suppliers of Alpine seeds. I have only done orders from a few places, here being one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom