Alternate last minute lighting. Thoughts guys??

• Thread starter greentigerca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greentigerca

Hey guys!

So here is a layout that was going to have large adjust-a-wings over the plants (the large rectangles showing the light spread) but at last minute(due to unforeseen costs) we have a change. Instead of the 1000w lamps, we have a ton of free 600w lamps.

For this run we are now thinking about going with 7-8 600w lamps vertical down each row surrounding the plants with light! After the first run we can add the adjust-a-wings as planned and maybe just fill in with some of the verticals (just a few less.) Never run verticals so need some input. So what do you guys think??

Peace

GT

PS- That room is 20' x 36'. 8 buckets per 4x8 sheet, 4 sheets per row.

Layout3.jpg

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

That looks like a lot of plants packed in there. You are not gonna get the light penetration with 600's and that many plants packed together. You would be better with the adjust a wings with that plant configuration. This gonna be a MPB grow? Have you run that style before? If not, I would definitely try a trial run on a small scale to make sure the concept works well for you. Not tryin to knock your aspirations or anything like that, just pointing out some important things to think of when building a system of that type.

-TF

G

greentigerca

It's my version of the buckets, slightly different.
Yeah, I would have preferred all adjust-a-wings and that is what I had planned for this configuration but unexpected cost is forcing me to this lighting setup. However, these lights will actually have more total lumens than the adjust-a-wings and more points of light.

Hopfully it will work well then I can add the wings for the next grow.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
you might want to take a look at dynomite's thread on trees.

He is running around 3 plants per light.

TF is right. it looks like too many plants for a vert grow and not enough 1000w lights. You def. wont get the penetration you need in to the canopy.

This looks like it would make a better flat garden.

how far apart are your lights?

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

how far apart are your lights? also how far will a 600 penetrate into 4 foot wide table ? to make the plants have less/no dark area think less plants, less tables, trellis, best way to use light efficiently etc. come on farmers any thoughts.

G

greentigerca

Yes, it was originally designed using 1000w adjust-a-wings but cost forced me to use these free lights for this run.

The lamps will be about 5 feet apart and each row will have lights on both sides. So yes it is a 4 foot wide table but light coming in from both sides. With the more points of light, it seems to me like there would be less shadow areas and the total lumens are actually more using greater number of 600's instead of the 1000's.

And yes, each row will have it's own trellis netting.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I just see a side lit hedge row in my head. A lot of larf in the middle. Tops only optimally light in one side of the plant. Can you get some other cheap horizontal reflectors if the adjust a wings are not in the budget? $20 list from the hydro shops. It would probably be better than the vertical with the plant layout.

-TF

BCrocker

BCrocker

why not just put the 2 outside rows of 600's horizontal/overhead. If you don't have the bulbs already.. Check out the Gavita 600's with the shade built in. I have gotten up to 1.6lb / 600w kush strains with these bulbs @ 15 plants per 600w. (always over 1.0)

If it's a $ thing, go with the cheap $20 shades like said above.

honestcharlie

honestcharlie

maybe this should be posted in diy, indoor or hydro.you might get more help:hi

C

cheech

I just see a side lit hedge row in my head. A lot of larf in the middle. Tops only optimally light in one side of the plant. Can you get some other cheap horizontal reflectors if the adjust a wings are not in the budget? $20 list from the hydro shops. It would probably be better than the vertical with the plant layout.

-TF

Good advice. Go with the batwings.

Top Bottom