Alternatives to using canna boost

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

Now, i know canna boost is some really good stuff to feed with, but the price is absolutely tearing me a new one. the canna feed schedule says to use it all the way through flower till the last week. That would be one expensive run. Any one know of any other alternatives that i could check out that will also help with taste? please include if you have used the product your recommending or not and how what kind of results you got. Thanks everybody, happy growing

ftwendy

ftwendy

I use Canna Substra as my base. Love it but the price is a bitch, so I searched out alternatives to lessen the burden. After ditching the Boost, I switched to GH floraNectar and never looked back... pick a 'flavor' of the GH and stick with it. The different flavors don't seem to change the outcome of the flowers ime, but they all work.

I use the floranectar at 5ml/gal most feedings through week 4 of flowering, then I increase to 8ml until 10 days before chop.

Ld361cut

303 DUB

303 DUB

looking really good wendy! my gurls are looking pretty good. i think im going to cut off using the boost right now while im in week four. but next run i will definelty but looking for something more cost effective. I would like to find something that has tricantinol in it like the boost has. . my resin production looks out of this world and i have sneaking suspicion that the tricantinol in the boost is the reason for such crazy resin production

20130527 202702
303 DUB

303 DUB

thats one of the best pics that i have but there are many parts of my garden that look a lot better than that

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey 303.

I run Canna in coco, but do not use Boost. I have had good results from using GH Liquid Kool Bloom from week 1-5 then Powdered Kool Bloom until a week from harvest.
I was told by a guy at a hydro store that some growers in my area were using SNS Bloom as a foliar to replace Boost. I have no experience with it, but it may be something to look into.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

looking really good wendy! my gurls are looking pretty good. i think im going to cut off using the boost right now while im in week four. but next run i will definelty but looking for something more cost effective. I would like to find something that has tricantinol in it like the boost has. . my resin production looks out of this world and i have sneaking suspicion that the tricantinol in the boost is the reason for such crazy resin production
Try using some organics like alfalfa for your tricantinol, and a good sugar booster like bud candy and then some bud xl or overdrive to boost carb usage and add mass.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Try using some organics like alfalfa for your tricantinol, and a good sugar booster like bud candy and then some bud xl or overdrive to boost carb usage and add mass.

Cheers to that PNL.

I'm also playing with alfalfa in teas this round.... very happy with the results. Cheap and effective for a nice green pop! How late is too late with alfalfa tho? I read that some use it throughout flower, and others cut it out of the regimen halfway through. Any thoughts on that pnl?

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Hey Wendy...well remember most organics release slower than hard nutes that have been refined and made readily availabke for uptake.
So running it all the way through would to me seem to be a waste. I run most things till the last 2 weeks when I shift to my flushing stage FWIW. but you could maybe look at reducing things sooner. Depends on strain and finish time as well as where your tea fits in to the rotation (ie: fed feed tea-repeat).

PnL

303 DUB

303 DUB

the guy at my grow store and a very experienced grower friend of mine strongly recomended using the boost up to week four of flower and then cutting it off. once i cut that off im gonna hit it with canna pk13/14 for week five and then liquid kool bloom after that up until flush. So i think thats what my plan is.

thoughts?

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

the guy at my grow store and a very experienced grower friend of mine strongly recomended using the boost up to week four of flower and then cutting it off. once i cut that off im gonna hit it with canna pk13/14 for week five and then liquid kool bloom after that up until flush. So i think thats what my plan is.

thoughts?

I would run the LKB first, then run PK 13/14 at weeks 4-5, then Boost.

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Yup pretty much. I hit mine with Pk in week 3-3.5 though 5 then start adding boost.
Also look at "Nectar for the Gods" they have really affordable and good organic nute sources for bloom boosters and things (I forget the name on that label as here in Oregon we have the even lesser expensive Harvest Moon).---As a substitute that is for Boost.

PnL

N

noone88

Good substitutes for Boost are Emerald Triangle Snow Storm Ultra or Yellow Bottle Final Bloom. They both contain triacontanol. These additives are not bloom boosters and should be used to supplement good nutrient regimen.

You can start using these products after week 3 or 4 until finish.

303 DUB

303 DUB

both good substitutes but still a lil pricey for me as far as the yellow bottle final bloom goes. i would like to cut my costs down as much as possible with out doing anything haphazardly or taking any shortcuts.the snow storm seems very reasonable. thanks very much.
Now i just need to figure out where to get my hands on some

Good substitutes for Boost are Emerald Triangle Snow Storm Ultra or Yellow Bottle Final Bloom. They both contain triacontanol. These additives are not bloom boosters and should be used to supplement good nutrient regimen.

You can start using these products after week 3 or 4 until finish.

303 DUB

303 DUB

i did it a lil backwards then i think. i ran boost weeks 1-4 and now am about to start pk13/14 for week five and then finish with LKB up until flush. everything is looking pretty damn awesome so far.

Thoughts?

303 DUB

303 DUB

Cheers to that PNL.

I'm also playing with alfalfa in teas this round.... very happy with the results. Cheap and effective for a nice green pop! How late is too late with alfalfa tho? I read that some use it throughout flower, and others cut it out of the regimen halfway through. Any thoughts on that pnl?

where are you getting this source of alfafa and how are you using it?

ftwendy

ftwendy

where are you getting this source of alfafa and how are you using it?

3lb box of alfalfa meal from Doctor Earth... I put the meal into the tea bag with my earth worm castings when I brew ACT. I have also recycled the wet meal after making tea by mixing the leftovers into my soil for transplants.

The box was $8 and should last me about 6 mos at the rate I use it.

The Krinken

The Krinken

if you wanna stick with the canna base, drop the canna boost, and any other additives by them and use multi-zen and bud xl from house and garden - more concentrated (3.8 ml/gal) so you get more bang for your buck and they do slightly different things but theyll help you finish with a very nice and clean end product...

throw in some nectar for the gods steamed bone meal 0-10-0 (15 ml/gal) primordial solutions kelp logic 1-0-18 (1 tsp/5 gal) and sea green (1ml gal)

good shit

Top Bottom