Am I crazy or does Canada need a good seed bank?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey farm fam. I grew up in Canada, I love it and will be moving back in a year and a half. From what I've been reading, they don't have a great selection of seed banks. Is this true? I'm asking because I'm saving for a business and I would love to start a high quality seed bank if there's a demand in Canada. I'm very meticulous and I have a laser focused eye for detail so I feel it would be a good fit. Let me know what you think!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Canada doesn't have a good seed bank because the government here wants to have a monopoly on selling seeds. Don't open a seed business here, the government actively doesn't want you to succeed. It's a feature, not a bug.

Just do it in Michigan/Oregon/Washington/DC/Maryland/another place that hasn't had idiot empty suit politicians fuck up legalization beyond repair. Canada's government is so hostile towards small cannabis businesses that you might as well just light the investment capital on fire than try to open a business.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Canada doesn't have a good seed bank because the government here wants to have a monopoly on selling seeds. Don't open a seed business here, the government actively doesn't want you to succeed. It's a feature, not a bug.

Just do it in Michigan/Oregon/Washington/DC/Maryland/another place that hasn't had idiot empty suit politicians fuck up legalization beyond repair. Canada's government is so hostile towards small cannabis businesses that you might as well just light the investment capital on fire than try to open a business.

I know quite a few industry insiders in Canada, this is a fact. Just don't even bother. The legal cannabis industry in Canada has been fucked over sideways, especially for starting material distributors.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
worldstrongeststrains.com
canadian breeders, absolutely superb genetics!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

šŸ¦
Supporter
I've only grown seeds from here but I use Quebec Cannabis Seeds and they turn out great. I'm relatively unexperienced though.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's sad to see how the industry has changed there since they hung out Marc Emery to dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom