Am I decent for now?

• Thread starter jamk911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jamk911

jamk911

ok soo went to the closest place I could go to .. didnt have much time and w suspended license rn .. wife has to drive me lol.. anyways they didnt have perlite.. soo guy there said vermiculite is pretty much the same.. and he said Fox Farm has been experiencing a shortage this season.. apparently guy is outsourcing.. the guy said this coast of maine bar harbor blend is similar to ff ocean forest. He also said the earthworm castings will be a nice fertilizer addition for the soil .. and then for flowering use the tiger bloom i got.. should this stuff be fine to transplant my plants into ? I am transplanting today..
Guy didnt have 7 gallon smart pots .. soo i am going out now to try to find some, does anyone know a large chain with reasonably priced 7g pots?.. walmart had smart pots my wife said.. but the 7gallon ones were 35 bucks each lol
Am i decent for now

Madbud

Madbud

Vermiculite holds water, perlite holds air, practically opposites. Earthworm castings are nitrogen for veg, don’t really need it in that soil and it smells nasty, tiger bloom is heavy in potassium and phosphorous for flowering.

jamk911

jamk911

Vermiculite holds water, perlite holds air, practically opposites. Earthworm castings are nitrogen for veg, don’t really need it in that soil and it smells nasty, tiger bloom is heavy in potassium and phosphorous for flowering.
Thank you.. i am going to return this shit.. im pissed the guy lied to me like that just because his store was missing alot i needed

jamk911

jamk911

Also. . What smells bad the soil or earthworm poop? Lol.. im returning verm tmrw .. going to home depot for perlite

jamk911

jamk911

I would get some added perlite.
I would.. if they had it.. that was exactly what i wanted and the douchebag lied and said verm was same.. like wtf.. i wanted it cause i tend to overwater a little and felt perlite would help dry quicker

Last edited:
Madbud

Madbud

Earthworm casting smell nasty, like a box of dead bait. Excellent for building soil but the Bar Harbor blend is loaded with nitrogen already.

jamk911

jamk911

Earthworm casting smell nasty, like a box of dead bait. Excellent for building soil but the Bar Harbor blend is loaded with nitrogen already.
Ok soo the soil is atleast good? They said its a northeast usa thing but similair to ocean forest.. was leary though cause theres no nutrient percents on the bag lol

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey jam , I have to disagree slightly , coast of Maine makes a great grow medium , and earthworm castings are an amazing addition to any mix , I've never smelled anything foul in the bag , but maybe I don't remember , been a while , castings are gold in my mind ......

dire wolf

dire wolf

I don't think the salesman was trying to screw you , yes perlite would be better , but some like to add vermiculite , probably didn't know better , but I don't think he was messing with you , coast of Maine and earthworm castings are both fine products .....

jamk911

jamk911

I don't think the salesman was trying to screw you , yes perlite would be better , but some like to add vermiculite , probably didn't know better , but I don't think he was messing with you , coast of Maine and earthworm castings are both fine products .....
Those i got at the garden shop w the tiger bloom for later flowering.. the verm and ph tester i got at home depot lol.. returning both tmrw.. at another depot..
Thank you for help though.. should I worry abt nute burn transplanting from crap soil to nute rich coast of maine??

dire wolf

dire wolf

Those i got at the garden shop w the tiger bloom for later flowering.. the verm and ph tester i got at home depot lol.. returning both tmrw.. at another depot..
Thank you for help though.. should I worry abt nute burn transplanting from crap soil to nute rich coast of maine??
I got a feeling you're fine with the straight transplant to coast of Maine , but I would add 25 % perlite if you can get it .....
Actually your plants will eat up all the coast nutrients and you will need to supplement unless you up pot again ....

jamk911

jamk911

Should I then use those worm castings.. the store i went to had that nutrient bottle with a huge tomato on it too.. forgot name lolll.. should I get that also?

dire wolf

dire wolf

35 bucks each ! Damn , go get some 5 gal trash plastic pots from the garden center dumpster .......

dire wolf

dire wolf

Should I then use those worm castings.. the store i went to had that nutrient bottle with a huge tomato on it too.. forgot name lolll.. should I get that also?
Worm castings ain't gonna hurt anything ........
Finest natural fertilizer in the world ...
Yea " keep it , just don't over do it , tends to get soggy

dire wolf

dire wolf

Not sure what the tomato stuff is , but you should be really good with the supplies you have , just try and get the perlite ....
Lightens up the mix and adds to drainage which is super important

Top Bottom