Am I getting allergy or mite bites?

• Thread starter Bigjj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigjj

Bigjj

It happened to me twice, and each time I had that was the next morning when I was woke up by the burning feeling.

Am I just allergic or is it some kind of insect bite?

It recovers in a few days...

Am i getting allergy or mite bites
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If it's not a burn, I would guess it's an allergic reaction. What were you doing that led to it?

Bigjj

Bigjj

2 times happened exact same way

i was defoliating bottom leaves for my friends for a large number of plants. after finish, shower then sleep. and then will be woke up by the burning feeling.
but he didnt get it.... only me.

last time was right arm, this time is left arm...

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it looks like a spider bite to me. some people react like that and some do not. but they happen and go away pretty fast and itch for a little bit after the blister is gone.

...or... the plant fairies are sneaking in and burning you because you plucked too much!

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Not to freak you out but the wife was bitten by some 8 legged bugger...looked like that and had to eventually have wound care done by a medical professional. Hers was thought to be a recluse or maybe widow bite though and we're in mid Michigan

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I'm not a dr but I've seen many a spider bite and it sure looks like one to me
so... you are saying it is NOT the plant fairies seeking revenge? well, go figure!

those recluse are bad news, the poison eats flesh! but he had one and it went away, so not that. the recluse bite doesnt go away, it eats flesh till treated! my cousin got bit and it turned into a huge yucky hole!

good luck with it!

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

Ok,this shit's getting weird. Just burned one,turned on the tube and 8 legged freaks is on....yeah,I'll be checking the tent extra careful tonight. 🕷🕸

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

so... you are saying it is NOT the plant fairies seeking revenge? well, go figure!

those recluse are bad news, the poison eats flesh! but he had one and it went away, so not that. the recluse bite doesnt go away, it eats flesh till treated! my cousin got bit and it turned into a huge yucky hole!

good luck with it!
Yeah,her shoulder looks like she has a gunshot scar now. It got nasty for awhile. Scraping dead flesh etc.yuck

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i grew up in the southeast, we had black widows and recluse, but i was never actually scared of spiders (respect, yes... not real fear) till i went off to the southwest and touched a tarantula in the dark!!! they all told me they werent harmful and not at all bad... but it was so big!!!! and hairy!!!! and it JUMPED!!! ewww... spiders!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
It happened to me twice, and each time I had that was the next morning when I was woke up by the burning feeling.

Its an allergic reaction. Forgot the name. When my wife trims she has the same problem but its only with one certain strain.

Thumbuddy

Thumbuddy

i grew up in the southeast, we had black widows and recluse, but i was never actually scared of spiders (respect, yes... not real fear) till i went off to the southwest and touched a tarantula in the dark!!! they all told me they werent harmful and not at all bad... but it was so big!!!! and hairy!!!! and it JUMPED!!! ewww... spiders!

Guess I really didn't read too deep into your comment but if it happens and goes away in a few days,I'd say that's more of an allergic reaction. I get severe chemical burns from lily of the valley so my wife eradicated it all from our property. Same deal ...gone in a few days but yours definitely reminded me of my wife's issue with a spider bite

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I was sitting a log and rolled back on it/ fell off....well it rubbed against my skin of lower back...fuck dude i had hundreds of thrips bitting me dude....this is no lie! Thrips bite. They left bumps kind of like that...all over. I had bites. Gladly not on my dick or in my crack! They bit every where else....im sure thats what it was. 2 weeks later(came home went in room the night it happened. Thought it was a fungus causing it...its winter) thrips on plants....im pretty sure thats how they got in...

Homesteader

Homesteader

That is a bad reaction. Some strains get me good but never that bad. I would buy a tyvex suit or some arm condoms and not take any chances.

Bigjj

Bigjj

This is the 3rd day... last time it got this big and gradually went away. The body is trying to recover. I don’t fee the burning effect unless try to touch it and it’s not itchy... learnt my lesson after getting this twice, will wear some arm condom like Homesteader said!

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
it is a reaction, i would suspect, to the ph in whatever got you or touched you. at this point, not sure you can do much but wait it out. but for the next one try wetting baking soda in some purified water and glop it on (youll know in a few min if it helps) when you first notice. the off ph is like "burning" your arm, you didnt neutralize it so it made it a good size burn.

that is all farm-lore from Mamie, my grandmother. but it is pretty simple and shouldnt hurt you for the effort if it doesnt work, but if it works, then good. i wish i had written things down, but she used things like tobacco, baking soda and vinegar for things like medicine, pesticide and cleaning.

some people are more sensitive to ph for sure, sort of like the plants!

Top Bottom