Am I in flowering? Seems early

• Thread starter VAgrower58
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VAgrower58

VAgrower58

Are my plants flowering? They are about 9 weeks in the veg and I think they have started flowering. The plants are about 24" tall and not super bushy. We are still getting a good 14-15 hours of daylight so I am not sure why they would flower now. I have not fed them any nutrients besides worm castings so if they are flowering I need to begin feeding.
Image12

Image03
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
yup

when you see the white hairs in the crown it is in flower

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
they flower when they build up enough of some hormone. inside we force that with darkness, and we figured that 12 hrs was plenty. outside the sun helps in more ways than light. so there is no exact switch. if indoors we gradually turned the light down some would flower before others too.

most important thing is to watch the plants and they will tell you whats what.

KDB42

KDB42

Yup. Dont worry they'll stretch. Usually about twice their height.

VAgrower58

VAgrower58

they flower when they build up enough of some hormone. inside we force that with darkness, and we figured that 12 hrs was plenty. outside the sun helps in more ways than light. so there is no exact switch. if indoors we gradually turned the light down some would flower before others too.

most important thing is to watch the plants and they will tell you whats what.
So I have not been feeding nutes other than worm castings. Now that its in flowering, I know it will demand more nutrients. I did a slurry test and my pHs came back at 5.7-5.8 and the lower growth on my plants has a bit of these brown spots and some have burnt tips. Does this mean I have a deficiency or lockout? I have Fox farm pH up and cal-mag I am just not sure how to apply to remedy the situation. I also have AN Big Bud for flowering. Need advice

Image01
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

The strain your running decided to start to flower a good thing bc you still have at least a month and a half to go depending on were u live.

VAgrower58

VAgrower58

The strain your running decided to start to flower a good thing bc you still have at least a month and a half to go depending on were u live.
I am in Coastal Virginia. Not sure if you saw my earlier reply but I am experiencing what I believe to be nutrient issues and could use some advice.

deadlysars

deadlysars

@va
So I have not been feeding nutes other than worm castings. Now that its in flowering, I know it will demand more nutrients. I did a slurry test and my pHs came back at 5.7-5.8 and the lower growth on my plants has a bit of these brown spots and some have burnt tips. Does this mean I have a deficiency or lockout? I have Fox farm pH up and cal-mag I am just not sure how to apply to remedy the situation. I also have AN Big Bud for flowering. Need advice
I'm not an expert but that appears to be calcium deficiency from my understanding. Hope somebody with more experience chimes in.

VAgrower58

VAgrower58

@va

I'm not an expert but that appears to be calcium deficiency from my understanding. Hope somebody with more experience chimes in.
This is a more recent pic of the most damaged leaf. Any thoughts?

Image02
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
are you in soil? which?

off the bat, and with no info, id guess chronic underwatering. but just because i saw a thread about a week ago and the leaf looked like this and Aquaman said that. so I could be totally off and not be seeing what he saw.

MobyBear

MobyBear

Was that plant not topped? I’m pretty new at this, topped mine and they out as well as up, yours seems to just go up, wondering if that’s bc it wasn’t topped.

VAgrower58

VAgrower58

are you in soil? which?

off the bat, and with no info, id guess chronic underwatering. but just because i saw a thread about a week ago and the leaf looked like this and Aquaman said that. so I could be totally off and not be seeing what he saw.
Seeds germinated in April been in veg since mid may. Fox farm ocean forest soil. 7 gallon fabric pots, watered when i would feel the top inch or so of soil get dry. No nutrients whatsoever except 2 dressings of worm castings. Slurry tested the soil yesterday and all came back in the 5.7-5.8 range, ppms were all in the 250 range. Noticed these spots about 2 weeks ago. Picked up cal mag and ph up for the soil but have not used them yet.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Your soil not only doesnt need ph'd, it does nothing good for you and might be bad. The soil has stuff that makes the water somewhere between 6.3 and 6.8. no matter what you do (there are ways, but it won't grow pot). If you add stuff, you get stuff + stuff...

On watering, think gravity. The water goes down. In the easiest way it can. So it hangs out at the bottom. It won't take long for the top half to dry, but the bottom, not so much. So it sits there and you add. At some point you will say "it's not drying". You will have a pond down where the roots hang out and they drown. And even the top won't dry then.

If the seed germinated in April and was in veg in may... What were they between April and may? (Hint, they pop then they veg. At least here, otherwise this thread will be a whole different thing)

VAgrower58

VAgrower58

Your soil not only doesnt need ph'd, it does nothing good for you and might be bad. The soil has stuff that makes the water somewhere between 6.3 and 6.8. no matter what you do (there are ways, but it won't grow pot). If you add stuff, you get stuff + stuff...

On watering, think gravity. The water goes down. In the easiest way it can. So it hangs out at the bottom. It won't take long for the top half to dry, but the bottom, not so much. So it sits there and you add. At some point you will say "it's not drying". You will have a pond down where the roots hang out and they drown. And even the top won't dry then.

If the seed germinated in April and was in veg in may... What were they between April and may? (Hint, they pop then they veg. At least here, otherwise this thread will be a whole different thing)
So are you saying overwatering is likely my problem? And yes lol I just wasnt clear on the distinction between seedling and veg

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
On watering, it's always watering...

You need to water right, not just on time but the right amount. If you do it like I said and it gets better that's it! But if not, that is still how you should water and not doing it right will end badly.

Before you start playing chemist and adding or cutting things, unless you water right, you won't be better off. You'll just have a plant with a lot of things wrong.

Always fix watering first (well, maybe not first, if it's on fire, that would be first...)

Just warning you, no matter your logic, unless you want everyone in the community expounding on veg and flower for pages, bottom line, germinated straight to vegging, flip to 12 is 1st day of flower. believe me, ive made that mistake, not just once. No seedling stage.

MonMonB123

MonMonB123

This is a more recent pic of the most damaged leaf. Any thoughts?
Yessuhh, preflower it is👏🏿..
🤔Try the lift test when watering if you're afraid of over watering, if light then feed until slight runoff or when media gets heavy enough that should give you a good guess when to or not water.. *since in fab pots DO NOT let sit in stag water if possible*
Looks to be a cal def, try 1tbs of CalMag per gal of water ph'd to about 5.5-6.5 via soil grow.. The tap here has a solid ph of 7.0 so some times I even go with that BUT nothing under or over those number.. (But hey what do i know I'm just your average grower😁😁)

Top Bottom