Am I Killing My Seedlings?

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

This is my first grow. I noticed my first leaves are light lime green in color and today noticed some curling up of the serrated edges on one, and what looks like nute burn?? on the other. Am I giving my seedlings a slow, painful death?
T=78F
H=50-60%
Domed
light (300w bar LED @ 30%power hung 22” above leaves)

Am i killing my seedlings
Am i killing my seedlings 2
Am i killing my seedlings 3

TomTom420

TomTom420

Hey I'm a newbie grower but I'm sure I read a few different times not to dome seedlings...just clones...but I'm very inexperienced 😎

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Increase your humidity if possible. 50-60% is far too low for that plant. Get her up to 75-90% range, for now. Some air flow. Till she gets some bulk, and can hold her fluids well.

Looks like the soil is a bit on the hot side. She should snap out of it as it grows.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Increase your humidity if possible. 50-60% is far too low for that plant. Get her up to 75-90% range, for now. Till she gets some bulk, and can hold her fluids well.

Looks like the soil is a bit on the hot side. She should snap out of it as it grows.
I have the dome on because my tent humidity is so low... I can bring it up to 50% in the tent but temps will drop to 74F during lights on...if there’s no signs of light stress I could turn the light up 10% to help with temps?

growsince79

growsince79

I have the dome on because my tent humidity is so low... I can bring it up to 50% in the tent but temps will drop to 74F during lights on...if there’s no signs of light stress I could turn the light up 10% to help with temps?
I just get the temp to 80 and humidity doesn't make much diff. Airflow is more important. I remove the dome on day 1.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Increase your humidity if possible. 50-60% is far too low for that plant. Get her up to 75-90% range, for now. Some air flow. Till she gets some bulk, and can hold her fluids well.

Its coco and clay pebbles around 70/30 but I did give a full watering for the first time yesterday. I use Mantis Buffered Nutrients, it’s supposed to be good from seed to flower, same ratio every time since it buffs the PH I guess. Maybe didnt like the water or maybe didn’t like the mantis. Or my lights, i don’t know.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Never tried it myself but read someone hanging damp towels in there tent to raise humidity 😎
Lol I tried it. Didn’t do much at all. I guess I’ll see how it’s going tomorrow once it cycles through a dark period....then 5-6 hours after the lights come back on I’ll check if they’re still alive. Hoping for the best lol

Dothraki

Dothraki

I picked up a bottle of Mantis im going to try it out on this grow.
Oh awesome! This is my first grow. As far as I understand you don’t want to add anything. If you use a medium that’s charged wait until it’s depleted before using mantis. Are you doing a grow journal? I’d like to follow along.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
Wasnt planning on doing a journal. Im going to use Bokashi and earth worm castings along with the mantis. Will use Mantis every second watering and see what happens.

CactusJack1

CactusJack1

Supporter
I have read were some growers have to use a little CalMag when using Mantis> I have also read where other growers just added the Mantis from start to finish i think it depends on the plant sativa, autos.

Top Bottom