Am I on the right track with nutes?

• Thread starter Dr_Cactus12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dr_Cactus12

Sorry if this gets asked a lot. I'm still in the beginner phase of growing right now and while so far I think I'm doing pretty good, I just want to make sure I'm on the right track with properly nourishing my plant. I'm currently growing an auto on day 34 using the Fox Farms trio right now and so far here is my regimen:

Watering about every 4-5 days on average, every other watering:
1.5 tsp Big Bloom & 3 tsp Grow Big per gallon (although I water 1.5 gallons for my three gallon pot)

Does this seem about right? Any of you guys out there that use the trio I would love to hear what you guys would normally be using at this stage. I know every plant and every situation is different but I'm still trying to build up a general intuition of the nutritional needs of cannabis plants so it would be really helpful to hear what you guys do. Thanks!

steamroller

steamroller

I grow in FFOF and Coast of Maine Stonington and use the FF neuts .
I follow their feed chart pretty close . I don't use every product they sell yet !
I may go heavy every now and then but I let the plants tell me what they want .

Welcome to the Farm .

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

grow big is mainly nitrogen. great for veg and smaller amounts in flowering.

big bloom is questionable.

D

Dr_Cactus12

I grow in FFOF and Coast of Maine Stonington and use the FF neuts .
I follow their feed chart pretty close . I don't use every product they sell yet !
I may go heavy every now and then but I let the plants tell me what they want .
View attachment 1227075

Welcome to the Farm .
Thanks! Do you feed the chart exactly, as in the exact dosages? Because it seems like a lot considering how strong these nutes are. People are always saying do half or even quarter of the amount on the bottle/chart so I would love to know if in your experience the plants are tolerant of these dosages on the chart.

steamroller

steamroller

I am full dose if not more , sometimes 2 rimes a week .
I started carefully at 1/2 dose and moved up pretty quick since plant tolerated well.
I'll be doing my 5 week in flower check in today so look for it to see my plants .

D

Dr_Cactus12

I am full dose if not more , sometimes 2 rimes a week .
I started carefully at 1/2 dose and moved up pretty quick since plant tolerated well.
I'll be doing my 5 week in flower check in today so look for it to see my plants .
Great thanks! I'm currently day 38 and using 1/2 dose nutes which have worked fine so I guess I'll start bumping that up and see how the plants do. Thanks again!

D

Dr_Cactus12

grow big is mainly nitrogen. great for veg and smaller amounts in flowering.

big bloom is questionable.
From what I understand big bloom is an adjunct used to make the other nutrients more available. I don't know about its effectiveness growing cannabis but I have tested with vs without big bloom on goji berry plants and I have certainly gotten a noticeable, not huge, but noticeable difference in foliage growth and berry production. How that translates to cannabis I don't know but I do believe it is decently effective given the right circumstances.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

You leave out a lot of details, but if the plants look healthy at this point you're probably OK. I grew autos in both 3- and 5-gallon fabric pots, and phots in 5-gallon fabric pots. Your watering schedule sounds about right to me. I was watering the photo periods every other day with about 1.5 gallons once they got big. Water what they use up in 4-5 days (probably max) or 1-2 days (when big) and you'll be fine.

Details are good. See the sticky thread about it in the Cannabis Infirmary forum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom