Am I over watering my plant?

• Thread starter Kong790
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kong790

Kong790

I grow my plants in 5 gallon bags (ones a recycling bin with drainage holes). And I give about 3 litres of water per plant to my two large ones and about 2 litres to my smaller ones.

I read a lot about how people's watering schedule is every 2 or 3 days. But the soil my two big plants are in ( receive 3 litres of water) has stayed pretty moist and its been almost a week. Is this ok? Every watering, a little bit of water drains out of the bottom which is what I'm aiming for. But why is it that people say to water every 2-3 days and my soils still wet even after a week. It's been five days and the soil at the top is only beginning to dry out. The plant looks healthy. No drooping or anything. I also read to wait for the first few inches of soil to be dry before watering but at this rate it'll take another week.

Am I watering too much?

Am i over watering my plant
growsince79

growsince79

Overwatered. Too little too often. Water to runoff and weigh the pot. Then wait until it loses 10 pounds before watering again. The plants are too small for big pots so it might take a week or more to dry. Ideally, you should have plants in such size pot that will dry in 2-3 days.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Overwatered. Too little too often. Water to runoff and weigh the pot. Then wait until it loses 10 pounds before watering again. The plants are too small for big pots so it might take a week or more to dry. Ideally, you should have plants in such size pot that will dry in 2-3 days.
I use a blumat moisture meter but yeah need to transplant in stages small container bigger container so on

Onemorecast

Onemorecast

Some good pointers so far. I would say raise your temps and lower your humidity will help them dry up as well until they get bigger and use more water. You ideally want to do one big water then wait until your planter is super light then repeat. Potting up is better for this reason, transplants if done right don't phase them at all. Then you don't have to worry about them taking so long to dry.

Top Bottom