Am I overwatering or something else ??

• Thread starter Komonsense
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Komonsense

So these plants seem to droop a bit every time I water, I also was watering about 6 hours before lights out these plants also droop before lights out regardless of the watering I’m assuming there sleep schedule from what I’ve seen. So they droop when I water and droop before lights out. Sometimes when the lights come on they perk up in an hour sometimes it takes several hours up to 5 or 6 usually a day or two after watering. I don’t like seeing the droop it looks unhealthy but as far as leaf color that looks fine. So I watered Wednesday the plants drooped they perked up the next day Thursday then today Friday they are droopy still after 5 hours of light am I overwatering ? I check top inch of medium and lift pot and seems light but maybe I should wait longer ?? I did raise the humidity about 5-7 percent in the last week so it could be taking longer to dry out?? I put 2 pictures one from Wednesday before watering and one from today Friday almost 2 full days after watering. Anyones advice is always appreciated I just wanna get my girls healthy and learn as much as possible to dial in my grows. I’m using viparspectra xs2000 at 50 percent dimmed 24 inches from top temps 73-80 during day, 69-72 night. Humidity 55-65% growing in coco/EWC/pearlite using organic dry amendments from down to earth 4-4-4 watering with RO water at 6.0 PH watering every 2 days. Plant is about 5 weeks old.

Am i overwatering or something else
Am i overwatering or something else 2
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

From your message, I'm not sure how often you're watering.

Don't get bent out of shape when leaves droop at the end of the day, especially lower leaves. Some strains just do that.

K

Komonsense

From your message, I'm not sure how often you're watering.

Don't get bent out of shape when leaves droop at the end of the day, especially lower leaves. Some strains just do that.
Yeh they have been doing that but I wasn’t to worried but today after lights on for 5 hours they where still drooping they are starting to go back up but just seemed like it was a lot longer before the perked up then usual. And I water every 2 days

steamroller

steamroller

This is how I measure when I need watering.

K

Komonsense

This is how I measure when I need watering.
I like this idea thanks !

kyLman

kyLman

When i was getting started, I would dry the plants out so much until they started to look down...then give a big drink 2-4 hours later they will be praying to you.

K

Komonsense

I agree. I use seven gal pots. And they only need it every fourth day. Looks to me like he is keeping it too wet.
So I just transplanted it and checked the root system roots are fine wasn’t quite ready for transplant but I wanted to get underneath and look and the medium was super dry I just watered yesterday I’m so confused

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

So I just transplanted it and checked the root system roots are fine wasn’t quite ready for transplant but I wanted to get underneath and look and the medium was super dry I just watered yesterday I’m so confused
You probably aren't watering correctly when you water.

All the soil in the pot should be wet when you're done watering. Roots grow toward water, they do not explore dry soil. After thoroughly watering, don't water again until the container is very light.

K

Komonsense

You probably aren't watering correctly when you water.

All the soil in the pot should be wet when you're done watering. Roots grow toward water, they do not explore dry soil. After thoroughly watering, don't water again until the container is very light.
So I should probably water more when I water? I was giving like .5 liters for a 1 gal pot

K

Komonsense

Yeah, that doesn't sound like much. The object is to get water into all of the soil.
Yeah I think this is the problem looked at some info I needed like 3 times that much whoooops plus coco absorbs the water well so it probably wasn’t making it to the bottom I did see a root try to come up and grew back down yesterday guess the plant was tryna tell me what was up too water wasn’t getting to the bottom entirely. Roots went the wrong way. Thanks bro !! Big help !

B

BadFish_Genetics

When i was getting started, I would dry the plants out so much until they started to look down...then give a big drink 2-4 hours later they will be praying to you.
Having a few dry backs can stop pests, incease harvest, increase root growth. It's good to practice a little dry back here and there imo.

Mechman60

Mechman60

So these plants seem to droop a bit every time I water, I also was watering about 6 hours before lights out these plants also droop before lights out regardless of the watering I’m assuming there sleep schedule from what I’ve seen. So they droop when I water and droop before lights out. Sometimes when the lights come on they perk up in an hour sometimes it takes several hours up to 5 or 6 usually a day or two after watering. I don’t like seeing the droop it looks unhealthy but as far as leaf color that looks fine. So I watered Wednesday the plants drooped they perked up the next day Thursday then today Friday they are droopy still after 5 hours of light am I overwatering ? I check top inch of medium and lift pot and seems light but maybe I should wait longer ?? I did raise the humidity about 5-7 percent in the last week so it could be taking longer to dry out?? I put 2 pictures one from Wednesday before watering and one from today Friday almost 2 full days after watering. Anyones advice is always appreciated I just wanna get my girls healthy and learn as much as possible to dial in my grows. I’m using viparspectra xs2000 at 50 percent dimmed 24 inches from top temps 73-80 during day, 69-72 night. Humidity 55-65% growing in coco/EWC/pearlite using organic dry amendments from down to earth 4-4-4 watering with RO water at 6.0 PH watering every 2 days. Plant is about 5 weeks old.

Mechman60

Mechman60

I water every other day and never had a problem mixing my own soil was key to getting it to drain well 3 parts. Compost, pearlite and peat moss amended with diatomaceous earth as a great pest control. As a plant gets older it drinks a lot more. So as you see it's OK if your soil drains and drys well. Let you adjust nute on the fly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom