What do your run?

• I run LED

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • I'm a HID dinosaur like 3 balls

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Ponky

Ponky

Oh and if you're cooling lights you draw heat from the inside of the house through a furnace filter. And recirculate the air. It doesn't smell. It's draws through the filter and pushes air through the lights. Positive pressure.

growsince79

growsince79

Ironically I have a massive building I was thinking of moving into. The summer isn't bad in it honestly. All stone and a massive basement. I was wanting to just blow heated air up through the basement. Due to no insulation and stone walls, I think the high cfm I use might just help. I don't need alot in there. It won't get below 60 unless it's really windy, regardless of Temps.

What ya think the btu output one say one 1000w would equivilate to? I honestly don't see how a furnace could effectiently keep up with a few of them lol.

I'm picturing as a bi product of heating and cooling my building I could have weed lol..

Next question, is it safe to breath it in if it's carbon filtered? I'm talking decent high cfm air exchange too... Might not have a need for a sealed room.
I remember reading somewhere that hids are basically heaters and the light is just a byproduct. 1000w mh or a old tech 1000w space heater put out almost the same. Still way more expensive than ng where I live. Then there's the dehumidifiers that would use as much as the lights.

3 balls

3 balls

I remember reading somewhere that hids are basically heaters and the light is just a byproduct. 1000w mh or a old tech 1000w space heater put out almost the same. Still way more expensive than ng where I live. Then there's the dehumidifiers that would use as much as the lights.
I dont follow the dehumidification aspect.

3 balls

3 balls

If I run 3000w HID, I'm probably using 8-10 gallons a day. If it's not vented outside, I'd have to use dehumidifiers.
Gotcha. We're talking air cooled fixtures though. Intake would come from outside for the coolest air or recirculate from another room like Ponky does. Even if you pulled right from the grow space not much condensation is gonna survive the heat output of the light.

Top Bottom