Amanita Muscaria mushrooms!!!!!!

• Thread starter QleanerQuest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tuku

Tuku

Sorry to derail this thread, where do you guys recommend a beginner to go to learn to grow? Also where would you recommend getting spores from? Thanks!

Essentially not possible, the genus is mycorrhizal. The best you could do is inoculate some potential host seedlings (conifers, oaks, beeches) with spores and then wait 5+ years to see if you've been successful. Hardly what one could consider 'cultivation'.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Essentially not possible, the genus is mycorrhizal. The best you could do is inoculate some potential host seedlings (conifers, oaks, beeches) with spores and then wait 5+ years to see if you've been successful. Hardly what one could consider 'cultivation'.
I can't grow shrooms indoor? Or just this specific "strain"

Tuku

Tuku

I can't grow shrooms indoor? Or just this specific "strain"

This is not a strain you are talking about. Let me explain the taxonomic nomenclature to you.

Genus = a grouping of species. In this case we are talking about the genus 'Amanita'. If we were talking about humans (Homo sapiens) the genus would be Homo. We are the only species left in the genus Homo, but there used to be others, eg Homo erectus. Likewise, within the genus Amanita, there are multiple species, Amanita muscaria, A. pantherina, A. phalloides, and so on.

Species = a few definitions, but for simplicity we'll go with the biological species concept, which posits that a species is a reproductively isolated group of organisms. In other words, members of one species can breed with each other but not other species. This is not always the case, but that's more detail than necessary right now. So in this case the species is 'muscaria' of the genus 'Amanita'. Thus Amanita muscaria.

Strain = a genetically unique grouping within species. Not so different that it's a separate species, but with traits which can differentiate it from others within the same species. This could be seen as analogous to Negroes and Chinese, or Norwegians and Bantu.

The (magic) shrooms people grow indoors belong to different genera (the plural of genus) than the one being discussed here (Amanita), namely Psilocybe, Panaeolus and sometimes Gymnopilus. They are all psilocybin containing mushrooms and all eat dead organic matter, ie they are not mycorrhizal. Groing mycorrhizal mushrooms indoors is close to, or actually, impossible.

Does that make sense?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Makes a lot of sense, thanks a lot for laying it out for me. I'm just looking to try some Psilocybe mushrooms is what I should have said then. gonna see what I can come up with, thanks again @Tuku

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

Easily done,get spores online in syringes!!!

Ready to inject into your cakes,cakes are made of
brown rice flour and vermicutile.
Recipee is:2-1-1,meaning
2 cups vermiculite
1 cup rice flour
1 cup water

Place in pale together,an mix together well,then
get half pint jars at walmart,or ace hardwhere...
Fill those 3/4 full,pack lightly

Lids,need 4 tiny wholes in them,drill,now you have
a spaggetti pot right!!
Get a small rack to place on bottom so jars do not
touch the pot.
Fill pot up while jars are in an only go 3/4 up to the side of jars on the rack.
Also before placing those jars in pot,leave lids lose
a bit so steam excapes while boiling,and have tin foil OVER the lids to keep water from getting in..

Boil slowly for an hour,now you can let them cool
and you are ready to shoot spores into the lids wholes,only a half mil each whole or less spores!!

Place in dark,wait 4 days,check jars for germinations and contaminations,if all is good,no
colors in jars besides bright WHITE,an your good!!
Let the jars collenize a few weeks,then take them
out an place the naked cakes on a tin foil piece on
some PERILITE in the bottom of growing tub,a tub
can be anything really,given it has about 10 inches
or a foot tall(plastic storage tubs) for indoors.....

After cakes are in the tub for a week,will get frosty an pins will appear,then a few days later you got SHROOOOOOOOOMS to eat....easy peasy!!

Shroomery.org.....mycotopia,or just google the type of shrooms(psylocibe cubensis) an go read...

OH YAH,i suck at spellin huh,the chemical is,
muscimol.....thats it hahaha,thanx!
amanitas are TOTALLY different.

Simbiotical relation with conifers.....
not easy to grow,go with cubensis!!!
Peace,LG

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Easily done,get spores online in syringes!!!

Ready to inject into your cakes,cakes are made of
brown rice flour and vermicutile.
Recipee is:2-1-1,meaning
2 cups vermiculite
1 cup rice flour
1 cup water

Place in pale together,an mix together well,then
get half pint jars at walmart,or ace hardwhere...
Fill those 3/4 full,pack lightly

Lids,need 4 tiny wholes in them,drill,now you have
a spaggetti pot right!!
Get a small rack to place on bottom so jars do not
touch the pot.
Fill pot up while jars are in an only go 3/4 up to the side of jars on the rack.
Also before placing those jars in pot,leave lids lose
a bit so steam excapes while boiling,and have tin foil OVER the lids to keep water from getting in..

Boil slowly for an hour,now you can let them cool
and you are ready to shoot spores into the lids wholes,only a half mil each whole or less spores!!

Place in dark,wait 4 days,check jars for germinations and contaminations,if all is good,no
colors in jars besides bright WHITE,an your good!!
Let the jars collenize a few weeks,then take them
out an place the naked cakes on a tin foil piece on
some PERILITE in the bottom of growing tub,a tub
can be anything really,given it has about 10 inches
or a foot tall(plastic storage tubs) for indoors.....

After cakes are in the tub for a week,will get frosty an pins will appear,then a few days later you got SHROOOOOOOOOMS to eat....easy peasy!!

Shroomery.org.....mycotopia,or just google the type of shrooms(psylocibe cubensis) an go read...

OH YAH,i suck at spellin huh,the chemical is,
muscimol.....thats it hahaha,thanx!
amanitas are TOTALLY different.

Simbiotical relation with conifers.....
not easy to grow,go with cubensis!!!
Peace,LG
Thanks man, I read the growing guide on erowid a couple days ago (exactly what you just said) Can't wait to get started, I love new adventures. Cubensis would be good for a beginner then?

Camdawg

Camdawg

I got a friend who had the worst luck trying to grow cubes and such always had contamination issues

GoldiNugs

GoldiNugs

Cubes are way easy to grow. Just be careful and contamination isn't a problem.

I'll also say this, that recipe that OLDpro suggested, is the standard beginner method, but really sucks. Look up "casings" or "monotubs", IMO they are both way better. Monotubs are the most simple as they sort of the grow environment too. Mushrooms are fun.

Plasma

Plasma

Anyone grown the penis envy strain?

Penis4

Camdawg

Camdawg

How many complaints about it being all stem have you gotten? No offense whatsoever I can say from experience stems work fine but people tend to want just caps

psilobuds

psilobuds

there ain't no difference in potency between stems and caps mate. pe is a hella potent strain 2, i'm guessing no 1 would be complaining if he gives them away. seriously they make u trip balls hard!! :cool:
i freaking love my shrooms lol

Tuku

Tuku

Penis Envy might be a potent strain and a funky one to look at, but my god is it fucked up. Not as messed up as the albino version mind you.

If you want to grow some insanely potent shrooms indoors, give Psilocybe mexicana Jalisco a go. When I ate them, I was not nearly prepared for what was going to happen haha. :wideyed:

Geometryka

Geometryka

I
Just reading this brought up some scrap of knowledge I haven't researched recently. I seem to recall an indigenous tribe in Siberia called the Yakut who's shaman revered the amanita. The practice of drinking urine was, from what I remember , a way for the shaman to visit the spirit realm when amanitas were out of season and they were snowed in, and in seasons they were in short supply. Seems it was an honor to be offered the urine of a shaman. Imagine the first westerner to take that sip! lol

That sounds like a ore plausible version and feudal lords and serfs.
I assume it's been misinterpreted in the telling and become the version I told.
What you said make far more sense.
I once stumbled across an Amanita cult online.
Weird shit.
I'll see if I can find it..

Top Bottom