Amazon Will Pay $0 In Federal Taxes This Year

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Think about this when your filing your extortion payments this year.

We should be standing on the hill with pitchforks and shovels. And amazon isn't the only one. Why is it the folks that can most afford it are the ones that pay nothing when those of the working class have to carry the burden. BTW this was year 2 that didn't pay up. This year they posted 11.5 B in profits.

See full article here. NOT fake news

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/amazon-will-pay-0-in-federal-taxes-this-year.html

Freshone

Freshone

Actually this is incorrect,Amazon is actually getting a REFUND of 129 million for 2018,In 2017 they received 140 million in refunds through a combination of credits and offsets.
Not one person here has the right to bitch about it either if they have ever bought one thing from amazon because you are making it all possible,If you didnt bitch away.All you amazon prime members think free shipping is worth it now?It costs1.9 million just to top off the fuel tank in jeff bezos yacht and im sure he writes that off too.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/15/amazon-will-pay-0-in-federal-taxes-this-year.html

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have amazon prime and I’ll still bitch about it. I don’t care. Me having a prime account does not justify the tax loopholes they are afforded by our tax laws. Me not having a prime account would be a penalty to me and my family. We didn’t make these tax rules. So why should we suffer?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually this is incorrect,Amazon is actually getting a REFUND of 129 million for 2018,In 2017 they received 140 million in refunds through a combination of credits and offsets.
Not one person here has the right to bitch about it either if they have ever bought one thing from amazon because you are making it all possible,If you didnt bitch away.All you amazon prime members think free shipping is worth it now?It costs1.9 million just to top off the fuel tank in jeff bezos yacht and im sure he writes that off too.
With that said, I guess I will bytch away. I personally don't use amazon at all. Nor do I shop at Walmart or Target. BTW Fresh what was incorrect. The article I linked to spoke to the refund amazon is getting.

And at the end of the day I will bytch on and on about paying into a tax system that I as a citizen have no say so in, or how the laws are developed and implemented. The tax code has always forced the folks that can least afford it to carry the day while the elite put 1.9 M in their gas tanks. Capitalism sucks and doesn't work for the majority and only works for the few that can bankroll the game.

To be clear, I am not opposed to paying my fair share but there is something just plain wrong about the way the game is rigged. Argue that my friend. Our representatives are all nothing more than self enriched gangsters in sheep's clothing. Anymore they don't even really try to hide their criminality or arrogance. We are entering very strange times.

Last edited:
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Lol, I did not pay taxes 1995-1996. Thought I found a loophole in the system filed “UCC-1-207”. Would have worked if them basterds didn’t give me a social security number when I was born under duress!!! I paid big time for that mistake.

piehole

piehole

from the same article lol
"However, Amazon also notes in that filing that it will pay $756 million in total taxes this year, between state and international taxes."
amazon owner bezos also donated 30+ million to the dreamer education fund. and also is one of trumps biggest enemies lol. thought politics was tabo here

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Lol, I did not pay taxes 1995-1996. Thought I found a loophole in the system filed “UCC-1-207”. Would have worked if them basterds didn’t give me a social security number when I was born under duress!!! I paid big time for that mistake.
lol yup me too!!!!1

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
"However, Amazon also notes in that filing that it will pay $756 million in total taxes this year, between state and international taxes."
amazon owner bezos also donated 30+ million to the dreamer education fund. and also is one of trumps biggest enemies lol. thought politics was tabo here
it is, so we should ALL shut our pieholes :(

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
It is!!

piehole

piehole

Amazon is bad umkay :facepalm:
Really though we should all be paying our states sales tax when ordering online.then the Gov would still get their cut. But Amazon was just forced out of new York and took about 2500 jobs with em.that was pretty much over tax breaks they wanted that NY wasn't going to let them have.so NY loses and some other state will benefit from it.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I don't know I'm semi on the fence about this. Granted the huge tax breaks seem like total bullshit. There are a lot of other things that go into play with that. I don't think 0 taxes is the right answer. I also don't think taxing the shit out of companies like that is the right answer also. That will just move them to automation even quicker. Which is already bad for non skilled workers.

If it wasnt for Amazon, imo, the USPS would prob be bankrupt at this point. I think they ship something like 40% of Amazon packages. When their shipping costs are over a billion a quarter that's a huge chunk of money. Now that won't last. They will get to a point where they will use robots or buy/make their own shipping company (already on the way).

The bigger question is, not just Amazon, but all businesses that turn to automation and fire employees. I am fine with huge companies getting tax breaks if they keep workers employed and reinvest into communities. It's plain stupid that as they get rid of jobs to favor automation they still continue to get these tax breaks when the government is losing on 2 streams of revenue (worker and company). I think that is the biggest issue we are facing atm.

Simple fact is there is going to be a lot of people out of work in the next 5 to 10 years. Here is a good example. Min wage got hiked in Colorado to $11 an hr ($12 by 2020 I think - Denver looking to go to $15). So take a business like Burger King. They just fired the people taking orders in some places and put in the automated kiosks. Cheaper for them finally. This is just the beginning of that. It's going to hit on all fronts. You don't think the legal weed market is going to get untouched with this? You are going to have massive greenhouses with automated robots caring for plants. I mean environment, watering, nutes, trimming, rolling, packaging ect are already there. The writing is on the wall with all the corporate money flowing and investments and stocks. The scary thing is technology moves so quick and exponentially that it will happen in such a short time.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I don't know I'm semi on the fence about this. Granted the huge tax breaks seem like total bullshit. There are a lot of other things that go into play with that. I don't think 0 taxes is the right answer. I also don't think taxing the shit out of companies like that is the right answer also. That will just move them to automation even quicker. Which is already bad for non skilled workers.

If it wasnt for Amazon, imo, the USPS would prob be bankrupt at this point. I think they ship something like 40% of Amazon packages. When their shipping costs are over a billion a quarter that's a huge chunk of money. Now that won't last. They will get to a point where they will use robots or buy/make their own shipping company (already on the way).

The bigger question is, not just Amazon, but all businesses that turn to automation and fire employees. I am fine with huge companies getting tax breaks if they keep workers employed and reinvest into communities. It's plain stupid that as they get rid of jobs to favor automation they still continue to get these tax breaks when the government is losing on 2 streams of revenue (worker and company). I think that is the biggest issue we are facing atm.

Simple fact is there is going to be a lot of people out of work in the next 5 to 10 years. Here is a good example. Min wage got hiked in Colorado to $11 an hr ($12 by 2020 I think - Denver looking to go to $15). So take a business like Burger King. They just fired the people taking orders in some places and put in the automated kiosks. Cheaper for them finally. This is just the beginning of that. It's going to hit on all fronts. You don't think the legal weed market is going to get untouched with this? You are going to have massive greenhouses with automated robots caring for plants. I mean environment, watering, nutes, trimming, rolling, packaging ect are already there. The writing is on the wall with all the corporate money flowing and investments and stocks. The scary thing is technology moves so quick and exponentially that it will happen in such a short time.

jamesicb

jamesicb

Amazon, which doubled its profits and made more than $11 billion in 2018, won't pay any federal income taxes.

Phylex

Phylex

Your response is educated, well thought out, and eloquently said. Kudos

Erick31876

Erick31876

Its bullshit how the rich can get away with everything and the middle class and poor get screwed at every turn.smh

Latest posts

Top Bottom