Amber Trichomes over 50% at Day 45 of Flowering. Ready?

• Thread starter threatco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Ready to flush and harvest?

• Yes, ready to flush and harvest now.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No, it still probably needs more time.

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I have no idea.

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Dogshit and Kings. Chubbers with clubs.

It's a harsh thing we do. With these dirty whores.

My lady thinks I pay them too much attention.

Just a hobby, I reply. To the real one mind you.

Her look says hobbsession.

I don't care for her made-up words.

It's only a facial expression.

Can't argue with that.

These cheap tricks keep me guessing.

Who knows what they want?

I should by now.

Hate them with the H I stole from their heritage.

Sixth generation nuns.

Never knowing seed.

Still don't know what they need.

But she's reliable.

Hasn't left me yet.

As I haven't left the Kings

Yes, the Kings of lies.

Agreement murmured from all gathered.

The Kings still survive

Abrasive and scorching

A desert becomes a rainforest

Let loose a sigh of relief.

The taproot of insurrection is underway.

The powers that be are not impressed.

Every squinted eye saturating their ego

A fine steak is ruined on the outside

These troublesome skanks deserve it

Let them writhe I say

Every bit of it will dance with Sir Butane

At the end of the day...
i just came

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I am aiming to do that June 20th. With a harvest shortly after that.
july 4th ish... sux. would've been nice to have new, cured bud for the 4th, on principle. i think I'll try to schedule an april slash n burn, specifically for that, nxt yr... and a may 5th one, as well... coincidentally... cause with a two month cure... I'll b pist, i didn't schedule something, "new", for independence day... at least the april one plays, for cinco da mayo.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

cool... yeah, sux we can't get closer, with the ccope, for even higher magnification. i can get pretty close, with the phone vs diggin the scope out. u can use a scalpel, to do better, off the bud vs leaf, but even here, r a couple decapitated good examples from u just dickin with those delicate fuckin slides. still fun to c. always disappointing, when they're not bulbous/engorged n at least froggy, hah? always wanna b able to go straight to the hatchet, after goin to the trouble of unpackin that worthless, cheap scope... i thought i could do better, havin it. i keep forgetting, to try it on a droplet of oil, though... at least check for floaterz. n maybe come out with some cool, artsy fartsy pics. u guys should scope rosin!!!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Some more pics, taken from lower/mid buds.

I might be convinced to keep them alive a bit longer. Going to take efforts to get temp in there to 16c.
still clear... u might notice the ones r startin to fatten up vs the previous leg hairz

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I always go by trichs on the calyx only the leaf trichs will mature faster.
amen

and threatmart

the lower in the canopy

will mature slower enough to make a diff

and sometimes, is more appropriate, or... people do, sometimes, harvest lower canopy, at later date because they prefer the more mature, trich condition, above.
believe u said u don't budbackbuild/budstack.
like to c u sidebyside n c what u think.

threatco

threatco

You can't grow Haze without having to wait so many days :(

I know my haze varient rarely does the full bulbous amber head thing. Some stay clear for ever. These genetics are quirky to gauge. Ive grown them to 90 days flower and the mix doesn't change much except for more totaly dried up blackened tip ones.

I didn't want to push back or argue. I value the unvarnished opinion too much.

But given the particularity of this strain, I may still be giving her a cut in the next little bit.

The icecool is coming along. I think we will see ripeness achieved this week with more textbook done looking photos.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

i think med said that's common, or wolf, or jag- with hazes
I've only grown the one recently and didn't track the 12/12 to finish... just stresses me more to b standin there sayin
-sc
u fuckers were supposed to b finished, two months ago and this foxtailing business, is bullshit!

so i stopped keepin the written journal and goin back in these grow journals, freaks me too bad so... it works out: if she ain't ready to go... she ain't ready. u know how women r... always make ya tardy!

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

curious threat

how much do you think you will yield

also.. which dry and cure technique will you use

threatco

threatco

curious threat

how much do you think you will yield

also.. which dry and cure technique will you use

Hey,

I am not really sure what to expect. I am often guilty of "testing" my product in various stages of drying and curing, so my final dry weight measurement is usually plus a rough guestimate of how much I smoked to date.

But, my best guess is about 500 grams of dry bud. (this tent is 1 meter squared)

I plan to fully wet trim by hand day of harvest. All of that trim goes in the deep freeze to later be closed-loop BHO extracted.

The girls will then be hung upside down whole in two separate closets based on strain. I will have a fan in there circulating air but not directly hitting plants. A humidifier set to 70% at first, lowering it down to 55% over a week. Once I get to bend and snap, the buds will be cut off the branches, manicured, put into loosely closed paper bags, and put back in the same closet with the same settings.

The goal here is to let the environment in the room determine the drying speed, even into the curing process. The paper bags are just to protect the buds from light/air movement. And to let the evaporating terpenes kind of "marinate" inside the bag.

I never put them in closed containers that would require more than weekly burping. If they are going into closed containers it's because they have become dry enough and I want to stop the curing process.

Kind of a mix of option 1 and 2 from here;

So far I have never had mold grow on buds. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

From what I hear and read , harvest when the Trichomes go about 80-95%ish amber is more medicinal, anything less is more psychedelic then medicinal. Correct me if I am wrong.

subjective

medicinally

I've never been a fan of couchlock so I've always gone, with minimal amber

whatcha treatin

what's ur goal, far as being therapeutic n treatin symptoms?

might i b of service?

i specialize in multiple strain oils, shootin for a complete terp/noid cocktail for exponential entourage effects. there isn't much, pain/wake n sleep, i cannot decimate; typically, in decigrams.

happy to share, anything I've learned.

when my lovely g, starts dislocating body parts... what pain the other elements aren't tackling, the cerebral buzz, makes her not give a shyt about whatever discomfort, remainz...; similar to an epidural cocktail, during birthing. the buzz can b left, or removed for those who don't like being high, like myElf so each nuance becomes subjective and exploitable to a customizable, end.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

From what I hear and read , harvest when the Trichomes go about 80-95%ish amber is more medicinal, anything less is more psychedelic then medicinal. Correct me if I am wrong.

it's too bad, they don't have a typical forum. I've gotten plenty of valuable intel, from that site.
here, the journals r common manz n not the help, nor hand picked. we get to choose, whom to stalk n invite others, to hold our hands.
90% amber... may never bother leavin the sofa, to take a bathroom break 😁. it has its uses, too. i just go with an indica, instead n twist it subjectively, my way. every harves, being custom to growerz preference.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Hey,

I am not really sure what to expect. I am often guilty of "testing" my product in various stages of drying and curing, so my final dry weight measurement is usually plus a rough guestimate of how much I smoked to date.

But, my best guess is about 500 grams of dry bud. (this tent is 1 meter squared)

I plan to fully wet trim by hand day of harvest. All of that trim goes in the deep freeze to later be closed-loop BHO extracted.

The girls will then be hung upside down whole in two separate closets based on strain. I will have a fan in there circulating air but not directly hitting plants. A humidifier set to 70% at first, lowering it down to 55% over a week. Once I get to bend and snap, the buds will be cut off the branches, manicured, put into loosely closed paper bags, and put back in the same closet with the same settings.

The goal here is to let the environment in the room determine the drying speed, even into the curing process. The paper bags are just to protect the buds from light/air movement. And to let the evaporating terpenes kind of "marinate" inside the bag.

I never put them in closed containers that would require more than weekly burping. If they are going into closed containers it's because they have become dry enough and I want to stop the curing process.

Kind of a mix of option 1 and 2 from here;

So far I have never had mold grow on buds. Fingers crossed.
and that testing... yeah, backbuilding n larf snippin at various stages, certainly gives ya a chance at that.
poolman showed up, today... still, buyin clinic bud. he's been my Guinea pig, for plenty... asked him about the clinic... he was a lil dismissive... last time, i went a lil early, from a psychotic break, but he's got access to like... meh... maybe 3 harvest back; flawless finishes, n even vintage cured, from last year's. fuckin one rip godfather og... one rip, flawless atf... stuck around for some time... couldn't drive for an hour. still wants his clinic bud. kids... they all want the latest n greatest. least his late mother, knew what was up n never fought me hard enough to refuse a care package.
asked the kid (mid 20s), about the capsules... said no... the clinics can't do that to him, but the 2 hr delay, caught him off guard. says he can't function on it. lightweights... pffft. i may have needed help to bed n crawled my share, but haven't taken any dives, that weren't from my knee, givin out.

so yeah, y'all need pain covered, or 8-9day LSD psychosis

happy to walk u through

the pound simpsonite fundamentals use in 3mo, last 33+ yrs... we goin get some non-schizophrenic confirmation, real soon, here.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Amber/brown/degraded trichomes have less or no more active thc. It turns to cbn. A non psychoactive cannabanoid. It does not give “couch lock”.

Highest potency is from clearish tall big bulbous trichomes. We wait til mostly cloudy to be sure no more are still growing and we are at max potency.

Info from ed rosenthals tests in his book and many other sources online.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Flowering day 60.

Inskam cam turns out to be a bit hard to get perfect pics with. The zoom wheel is also the focus wheel, so every zoom level needs a specific and different distance to be in focus. Might shop around for another option.

Here's what I got. Going to harvest tomorrow I think.

Any tips or advice?

View attachment 988579

View attachment 988578
everything i saw, bought, or tried, around n under the $250 lvl... can't get close enough to the samples, to use magnification, beyond 100x & ur cell n the lil 10$ scopes, do just fine n allow u to crush the sample, n get close enough, without gummin up the lenz.
i wouldn't trouble myElf... i saw myself gettin down to the molecular lvl... if i can't keep my head together well enough for a vpd plug in calculation, or brix... ain't gonna b no chemical engineer.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Amber/brown/degraded trichomes have less or no more active thc. It turns to cbn. A non psychoactive cannabanoid. It does not give “couch lock”.

Highest potency is from clearish tall big bulbous trichomes. We wait til mostly cloudy to be sure no more are still growing and we are at max potency.

Info from ed rosenthals tests in his book and many other sources online.
hey, med, does he have anything more recent than his 2010 handbook and the taffy covered processing one which u would recomend? i hadn't considered shopping for a less obsolete ed edition. anything Cervantes u like? i never read any of him. seen a couple of his tube vids.

what i threw out re- amber... listen to med. it wasn't book sourced. never side by sided, intentionally, re amber... just the urban legends i grew through, i guess. med wouldn't steer ya wong. i just don't like couch lock n the growers i knew- word of mouthed the amber poop. it's y ilike second-200th opinions on this site cause we all figure it out, together n peacefully, minus the death threats med calls in, fortnightly. 😁
-true story

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

here's a great article, from 2016.

med, u make topicals? after reviewing this... i know about topicals, etc... haven't gotten o so deep in research detail, for them... just been lucky in effects from the trash.
and i knew, collaboratively, bout the antiseptic, that kinda poop... topically... and anti inflammatory, but not specifically relating it to the cbn... having had this conversation, today, imma let some in my next harvest, as 3 r medium small to bud on a stick and one's prolly a 150gr girl... I'm thinkin to let the schmall ones go, to exploit the cbn in my topicals cause i have a hives person, eczema and i forget the other sensitive skin dealeo, but should b real helpful. tyty, again, med & original poster. can't look. I'll get lost. been an episode free day. like to keep it so.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No @SPARECHANGE i never made topicals. Only infused coconut oil.

And i dont know when rosenthal stopped upgrading his book if ever. And i have the Jorje cervantes grow book. The old one. It is very good too.

Most of the “new” industry info was already fully tested in the 90’s by ed and is in his book. Including far red info and uv.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

infused coconut oil u use orally, or topically? i might b misstating far as appropriate terminology, but my topicals r just CCO, washing out the oil pot, of the multiple n single strain oils, with roughly, 500ml isopropyl, while setting the steamer n leftover goop, on boiling water: a makeshift double boiler... once cleaned off the ummm... stainless n just a separated soup, adding est 500ml coconut oil and powdered sunflower lecithin, to "taste"/approximate consistency (as homogeneous, as visually possible, for me) n pour it in an uncovered mason, till cooled to room temp. the topicals peeps tell me two days n love moisturizing effects, even though we know booze dehydrates; i guess the coconut effects dominate. just tryin to brainstorm ya. hopefully, u find something of use. ginger says my earlier n "dirty" oils, unlocked her trigger finger, reliably. unfortunately, i don't make it that way, anymore. the difference was the chlorophyll in the oils, at the time. fun tummy aches... so the chlorophyll, brings its own entourage to the topical party, too... think i linked u to that intel, before. so if ur infusion is used topically, i hope this is of use to you. these topicals, go months at room temps, with no separation n no decline in efficacy.

thanks for the Cervantes tip, as well, med.

Screenshot 20200620 170047 Chrome

Latest posts

Top Bottom