Amekins’ Fantastical Faerie Garden Grow Diary

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Hey, your daughter is only 20, that qualifies. I was a grandad at 38 and now I'm a great grandpapa or tutuman locally.
Yeah, except she is away at college. She was home last time because of flu. My anxiety had been exceptionally high as a result and I have to ask my neighbors for help with taking the trash and recycling to the dumpster, laundry, rides. I just need to get through this first five days. Nerve block is already starting to wear off (nowhere near 24 hours of coverage). I’d like to go another hour and a half because I just smoked a joint and need 0 additional assistance being off balance lol.

amekins

amekins

Quick garden and foot updates. Some of the Thai red chillies (outside) are finally ripening and there will be a few itty bitty poblanos. AB108F is still flowering in her solo cup outside. I don’t know that she’ll get as done as I’d like before frost. The rest outside are flowers (impatiens and petunias). Indoors, three small Squirt plants are still in flower a couple more weeks, Blue Dream clone, Bigfoot Glue (seed), AB200 (still not dead but really stunted), and a clone that I’m not 100% certain what it is other than female, are vegging. And my lisianthus is so close to flowering. There are also some lemon seeds that germinated and I’m seeing if I can get them to pop through. My strawberry plants from seed are beginning to flower. My foot is feeling better than a week ago certainly, but it’s still really uncomfortable. Stitches and cast will be taken out/off/replaced (cast/boot) Thursday. I have another 6-7 more weeks (minimum) non weight bearing. The bruising of my toes is improving. So is the swelling. Doing my best to keep it elevated properly.
8BEE6418 4A65 4F1C 9142 58BCA2714821
F51D2D08 B6F6 4908 B948 615334A0BA51
73C6C09F E994 4767 AA88 D0C8C48BCFD8

amekins

amekins

Anyone curious, they fused my naviculocuneiform joint and took out the hardware from my surgically repaired metatarsal fracture done August 2020.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Anyone curious, they fused my naviculocuneiform joint and took out the hardware from my surgically repaired metatarsal fracture done August 2020.

Dam thats crazy! I hope your recovery goes well.

amekins

amekins

Dam thats crazy! I hope your recovery goes well.
Thank you. I haven’t been able to walk without pain in this foot in 11 years, but the last 4 have been completely over the top. I’ve been in an Arizona boot, blue rocker brace, and several walking boots. But these last 2.5 I’ve had multiple stress fractures because of the arch collapse. This shit needs to heal.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thank you. I haven’t been able to walk without pain in this foot in 11 years, but the last 4 have been completely over the top. I’ve been in an Arizona boot, blue rocker brace, and several walking boots. But these last 2.5 I’ve had multiple stress fractures because of the arch collapse. This shit needs to heal.
Buy a new one. I hear they are cheap now. Get an extra while you're at it.
😆 😎

Cypress66

Cypress66

Only just seen the thread and I have read it all very sorry for the suffering and pain that you are obviously going through and I hope you’re doing better and getting the right care. On the way that you are growing your garden is very impressive to be getting the results you are looking sweet and very happy 😃 was a pleasure to read peace ✌️

amekins

amekins

Only just seen the thread and I have read it all very sorry for the suffering and pain that you are obviously going through and I hope you’re doing better and getting the right care. On the way that you are growing your garden is very impressive to be getting the results you are looking sweet and very happy 😃 was a pleasure to read peace ✌️
Thank you.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Hoping and praying for your speedy recovery...🙏🥰

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter

Holy fuck, yea any of those bones are terrible ones for healing, cause there round bones unfortunately, mostly fusions, is all that can be done. sadly.

Keep elevated,(above heart, when possible) promote circulation and reduce swelling keep rooms warm... aspirin 1 per day, might be helpful, or some mild blood thinner. (speak with MD) I have taken care of extremity reattachment surgeries. Fingers, and arm reattachments, transplants.

stay off, until fully healed. keep room area's warm and keeping it it warm is highly advised. Good blood sugars, and blood flow. Watch for any signs of infection and follow up fast.

Keeping that area none wt bearing, and allowing for time with foot elevation (on pillow above chest) is going to help bigtime. watch the back of the knee for any restriction by pillows, or props... best to elevate right on the calf area itself, or distal from that aspect. Do not restrict blood flow, and report any/all neuro deficits. tingling/pricking/coolness/cold/black toes, ect...

black in blue is fine, necrotic and dead, black = the bad. 😜

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
My guess is a good 6 week, minimum. Longer if you don't do what's required.

Things to do;
Good nutrition; cannabis;

Risk factors; smoking cigs, especially, or high blood sugars. Prior revisions, infection. (bone infection is the foot is a nightmare)
Please take care of yourself, cause this can be a potentially, bad one. 👃💪🖖

Last edited:
amekins

amekins

Holy fuck, yea any of those bones are terrible ones for healing, cause there round bones unfortunately, mostly fusions, is all that can be done. sadly.

Keep elevated,(above heart, when possible) promote circulation and reduce swelling keep rooms warm... aspirin 1 per day, might be helpful, or some mild blood thinner. (speak with MD) I have taken care of extremity reattachment surgeries. Fingers, and arm reattachments, transplants.

stay off, until fully healed. keep room area's warm and keeping it it warm is highly advised. Good blood sugars, and blood flow. Watch for any signs of infection and follow up fast.

Keeping that area none wt bearing, and allowing for time with foot elevation (on pillow above chest) is going to help bigtime. watch the back of the knee for any restriction by pillows, or props... best to elevate right on the calf area itself, or distal from that aspect. Do not restrict blood flow, and report any/all neuro deficits. tingling/pricking/coolness/cold/black toes, ect...

black in blue is fine, necrotic and dead, black = the bad. 😜
Thank you. The navicular also has notoriously poor blood flow. I’m actually a very compliant patient and previously worked in critical care. I get it. I actually elevate from my hamstring down because it helps my back. I do massage of the calf as best I can, and I do quad sets and non weight bearing reclined air cycling lol (peddle the air with feet up laying on back). I’m on baby aspirin twice a day for dvt prophylaxis. Last time I successfully managed my suture abscess (5 weeks post op) at home, with their input via telehealth. It’s just a really slow and painful healing process. It isn’t the only issue in the foot, but it’s currently the most painful.

amekins

amekins

My guess is a good 6 week, minimum. Longer if you don't do what's required.

Things to do;
Good nutrition; cannabis;

Risk factors; smoking cigs, especially, or high blood sugars. Prior revisions, infection. (bone infection is the foot is a nightmare)
Please take care of yourself, cause this can be a potentially, bad one. 👃💪🖖
I am well aware, my friend. And I’m not looking to fuck this up. The second metatarsal was a non union initially and required surgery almost a year later even after using a bone stimulator for 4 months. I realize I’m looking at a minimum of 8 weeks totally non weight bearing.

Top Bottom