Amekins’ Fantastical Faerie Garden Grow Diary

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Yea, I suppose to some degree. Scientific American report we annually eat one to two pounds of live bugs each year for the average American. So smoking them doesn't really give me the Heebie jeebies these days.🐜🕷️ Plus we eat live microbes the trillions; so there's that. My guess is they are regulated mostly too the fans, and undersides, not really ever making it too the insides of the flowers; but that's just a hunch. I've got nothing to back it up.

Yea, just noting that your pollen farm in there would be sustainable for raising the good guys long term. I think with alternate species of plants, your likely also at slightly increased risk; possibly. But that those pollens can be leveraged for a very highly beneficial purpose. If you've always got a few of those good guys lurking; they can replicate far faster than the evil mites, so there would be basically zero chance of ever having problems arise in that vein.

Just a thought. I was really impressed when I had them breeding. Cause I had the bad mites for years, and they always returned. Once I had established the good ones, and actually had some pollens to sustain them over the long haul; when they ran out of prey; they somehow managed to completely eradicate the issue. But there a wonderful preventative IMO.
With my condo going up for sale, I’m already stressing about the tent.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Woooow...That's a HUGE move, selling your current home and moving to your new home...Smh, I hear ya, been there, done that, NOT fun! 🤦‍♀️ Where ya moving to?

We're getting ready to move too, from Hawaii to Missouri! 😵😱 Ikr! 🤪 I've ALWAYS hated the "moving" thing...Smh...🙄🤫 @ComfortablyNumb 😏....I've moved to Michigan from Hawaii back in '98, but I knew I was returning back HOME to Hawaii! But this time, I'm not too sure of returning back home again...Where we're going and for the reasons we're going there has a lot of UNsureness (new word of the day 🤣)....The challenges and struggles are real, that's for sure....

@amekins....WE got this! 👍🤗😎🚬

amekins

amekins

Woooow...That's a HUGE move, selling your current home and moving to your new home...Smh, I hear ya, been there, done that, NOT fun! 🤦‍♀️ Where ya moving to?

We're getting ready to move too, from Hawaii to Missouri! 😵😱 Ikr! 🤪 I've ALWAYS hated the "moving" thing...Smh...🙄🤫 @ComfortablyNumb 😏....I've moved to Michigan from Hawaii back in '98, but I knew I was returning back HOME to Hawaii! But this time, I'm not too sure of returning back home again...Where we're going and for the reasons we're going there has a lot of UNsureness (new word of the day 🤣)....The challenges and struggles are real, that's for sure....

@amekins....WE got this! 👍🤗😎🚬
Moving is just about the top of my list of things I detest. Where I end up will become a matter of what I can afford which is less than I’d like. So much crap to get rid of. And completely cash poor.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I've lived the last 16 years in Hawaii and I love it. But with the local Gub-mint gestapo, it's time to leave.
I don't like moving either. And that includes getting out of bed, so you can be sure I'm not thrilled to move. But I am looking forward to new places, people and things to see and smoke.

amekins

amekins

Garden update. Squirt, Blue Dream, and Bigfoot Glue are in week 3 of flower. PKO showed its first ball and so was culled. AB200F is in week 2 of flower. There are two Blue Dream clones and one Squirt vegging. I probably won’t start anything new before I move.
784108AC 78CD 41FA 84E8 727DEF42BE43
55BC6863 9334 4AAA B658 B2B692EACFEA
302B6E92 DD21 4F7B B010 BAD05C352A1C
40A3469D 8DA6 4CD4 8F6F 4EEF5CBB6FCC
C9E2F077 FDF6 4EA4 B9F3 612F5CB7686E
BCF057D2 4A8D 4E4F ADB4 8EA2F9B7AEFC
897EFD9E 3552 4182 8D3C F8E86F9D4FE4
0FC8AD3A CC60 48A6 B75F 68AE0B3A9C97
D33C1E3B 56E5 47CC 9CB6 CD8DBAB7A66D
5D117480 0F3B 4E12 B3B1 240D30B31EC1
3603BCB2 D133 40AD 84CB EC60A68FC0BC

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Moving is just about the top of my list of things I detest. Where I end up will become a matter of what I can afford which is less than I’d like. So much crap to get rid of. And completely cash poor.
I hear you about moving but it can be an adventure if you've time to plan & choose your location. We only bounce around here once. If you can and have the opportunity to change your routine and have a new start in a new location that will be better for your hart, I mean your mental health hart, whether that be a farm or an ocean, sunshine, snow, country, city,mountain....Cannabis friendly...I say go for it if you're able.

Short moves for me suck, across town, and such, the worst was across the street, down hill luckily but that meant no truck, just friends to move everything, fridge,stove,washer,freezer,+ all the furniture across the street into a basement apartment. I was a friend.

Good luck..😄😄

amekins

amekins

I hear you about moving but it can be an adventure if you've time to plan & choose your location. We only bounce around here once. If you can and have the opportunity to change your routine and have a new start in a new location that will be better for your hart, I mean your mental health hart, whether that be a farm or an ocean, sunshine, snow, country, city,mountain....Cannabis friendly...I say go for it if you're able.

Short moves for me suck, across town, and such, the worst was across the street, down hill luckily but that meant no truck, just friends to move everything, fridge,stove,washer,freezer,+ all the furniture across the street into a basement apartment. I was a friend.

Good luck..😄😄
If I wanted to move maybe. But physically I am really struggling with all the things that need to be done in order to move, and financially don’t have the means to do work to maximize my profits in selling my condo so it just kind of all rolls downhill. I find myself incredibly hard pressed to do the things that I need to do just to take care of myself so preparing to move is just completely overwhelming.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Just zip it up; and if anyone ask tell them you grow your own vegetables; lettuce; herbs.... 😂
Essential oils, especially clove and/or black pepper cover up any/all odors.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oklahoma is like the "Wild West" I hear after legalization, go there Amy.
I've thought about this one myself, but OK is such a 3rd world; shithole state, couldn't pay me too move there.

Oregon; Washington; maybe even Arizona; New Mexico are good choices in my humble opinion. Cali is getting far too crowded; but there are still area's (far south; far north east) if your willing to live out in the countryside. Plus; any land acquisitions will surely grow over time.

Personally; I think living close to the Ocean and Mountains; is ideal.

Own a bit of paradise on a private island! This lot is situated close to the golf course on a quiet street perfect for a relaxing getaway. Minutes from Everett by boat or passenger ferry. The island offers a large marina, 9 hole golf course, tennis court, miles of sandy beaches and an abundance of nature.

1832516 8 0

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Good luck..😄😄
Agreed; short moves are a chore; big moves are an adventure. Might be a scary adventure; but an adventure nonetheless.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Garden update. Squirt, Blue Dream, and Bigfoot Glue are in week 3 of flower. PKO showed its first ball and so was culled. AB200F is in week 2 of flower. There are two Blue Dream clones and one Squirt vegging. I probably won’t start anything new before I move.
View attachment 1196518View attachment 1196519View attachment 1196520View attachment 1196521View attachment 1196522View attachment 1196523View attachment 1196524View attachment 1196525View attachment 1196526View attachment 1196527View attachment 1196529
I just gotta pop in to say damn, those plants are looking very happy. Great job amekins! Got your shit dialed in over there. 👊

amekins

amekins

Do you have a place in mind to go to, or do you have to move to a certain area?
I have fantasies but that’s about it. The reality is I would like to be able to stay near where I am because my medical team is here. Financially, that’s not really feasible but I don’t want to live in a hovel and I want to know that I’m safe where I am. Definitely considered warmer climates but the legality or illegality of growing cannabis is definitely an issue for me. I have a lot of anxiety about being really far away from where my daughter settles down because I’m not confident I will have the financial means to visit her with any frequency and she’s all I have left. So if I can find some place in Massachusetts, likely a mobile home, that I can afford or New Hampshire or Vermont or Maine. New Hampshire is the closest and most affordable but the most restrictive in terms of cannabis cultivation (they don’t allow it). I’d be pretty happy with Maine but it’s isolated from anyone I know. So then I have concerns about being able to find transportation to and from medical procedures which is something I have to deal with now and it’s hard enough knowing people here and still having to scavenge rides. I feel like a burden.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I might consider moving closer to the Doc so you can use an electric scooter to get there.
Here in Hawaii, scooters can use the Bus system. Do you have anything like that?

amekins

amekins

I might consider moving closer to the Doc so you can use an electric scooter to get there.
Here in Hawaii, scooters can use the Bus system. Do you have anything like that?
No. It’s a matter of anesthesia and not being able to leave alone. That and affordability.

Top Bottom