Amekins’ Fantastical Faerie Garden Grow Diary

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Yeah, at most I'd take off the bottom fan leaves that are mostly shaded. With wind effecting them as well as the sun hitting them from different angles, there's more of a reason to have those fan leaves. If the light source never moves then it's easier to say which leaves get enough sun to justify keeping, so defoliation can be heavier.
I rotate the plants 90 degrees with each new batch (1 gallon) of nutrients. But yeah, those lowers need to go.

Fudge

Fudge

Heavy defoliation can cause the plant to change sex as well so I am told.
When I got mites in week 4 flower, I went nuts pruning and defoliating to help get rid. Within a few days half had hermied. (I knew it was a calculated risk tbf. But yeah 100% it can cause a sex change, seems to be the in thing atm, the plants just wanna get in on it) ill have to start referring to my plants as "they/them" instead of she and her 😂

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey amekins , you don't remember that nice lemon pork ragu reciepies that you posted ? I want to make it .....
Your gonna make me eat aqua mans spaghetti o's this weekend 🍝

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey amekins , you don't remember that nice lemon pork ragu reciepies that you posted ? I want to make it .....
Your gonna make me eat aqua mans spaghetti o's this weekend 🍝
Nasty stuff.... I refused to eat that as a child. The only thing worse was chef boyardee beef ravioli... I could swear it was cat food filling.

I have a thing about over cooked or soggy pasta... won't eat it. Even if smothered in garlic butter lol... and there isn't much I wouldn't eat smothered in garlic butter.

Hope miss @amekins comes through for your sake brother 😁

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Nasty stuff.... I refused to eat that as a child. The only thing worse was chef boyardee beef ravioli... I could swear it was cat food filling.

I have a thing about over cooked or soggy pasta... won't eat it. Even if smothered in garlic butter lol... and there isn't much I wouldn't eat smothered in garlic butter.

What about chicken noodle soup? 🤔

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What about chicken noodle soup? 🤔
Love it... wanna know the funny part my favorite store bought is Lipton chicken noodle soup.... it has no chicken lol. Many of lunches with grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. Can you tell I came home and made my own lunches lol.

It's that or homemade... I just can't do anything with noodles out if a can.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Love it... wanna know the funny part my favorite store bought is Lipton chicken noodle soup.... it has no chicken lol. Many of lunches with grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. Can you tell I came home and made my own lunches lol.

Canned noodles should be a crime against humanity.

amekins

amekins

I had to wire the net pot to the exhaust. If he wasn’t so cute…
55A7E551 4C17 4828 8716 9C15807871B1
0FEBADF7 EB62 46B4 8A8B B51066602160
EDF2C85D 2CD4 41FF BB6E 24AB1BD529EF

You mean stress a plant to throw nanners...keep your friend away from your plants lol..
He’s just the hydro guy at the store who has been growing for a year. He won’t be anywhere near my plants.

383CF7DA 6C28 4D39 8614 E9E7BB4CA53C
amekins

amekins

Overcooked pasta is paste.

amekins

amekins

💯

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Fuck it. Might as well come up with a lemon pork ragu/out. It's been a while since I've created a dish.

1 pork butt, bone in and skin on. AKA pork shoulder and Boston butt

Coarse kosher salt it all over, put it on a rack uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours. Make sure the salt is brushed off before cooking.

The next day, bring an oven up to 400 degrees and roast the pork shoulder, rotating a few times, until it's golden brown on the outside. The main goal here is caramelization.

As you're doing that, in a pot big enough to hold the pork shoulder, sweat in extra virgin olive oil:

3 sweet white onions, roughly 1/2 inch dice
3 shallots, roughly 1/2 inch dice

...until they smell sweet and are transparent. Then put the caramelized pork on top of the onions and add:

10 sprigs fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 carrot, 1 inch dice
2 celery sticks, 1 inch dice
the zest and juice of 4 fresh lemons (never ever ever pre-made lemon juice)

then add some white wine and water/beef stock/chicken stock to cover the pork about 3/4 of the way.

Drop in a whole head of garlic with the top cut off to the liquid and put that in a 250 degree oven for 10-12 hours. Let the meat rest in the liquid for at least 2 hours after cooking.

Then pull the meat out in as few pieces as possible and strain the cooking liquid twice. Put the liquid back into the pot and reduce it until it's about 85% gone, skimming the top frequently. While this is happening, hand-pull the pork meat and skin into bite-sized pieces, getting rid of any gristle, bone, loose sprigs of thyme, etc. Reserve for later.

Save that head of garlic post-cooking and squeeze out the braised garlic once it's cooked, discarding the paper. It should be a paste consistency.

About an hour before serving, toss

5 parsnips, peeled and roughly 1/2 inch dice
1 celery root, peeled and roughly 1/2 inch dice
2 carrots, peeled and roughly 1/2 inch dice
20 breakfast radishes (or other radishes), roughly 1/2 in dice.

in melted butter and add salt, fresh thyme, and white pepper. Spread those out on a cookie sheet and roast at 425, shaking frequently. They should be done in about 20 to 30 minutes. When they're done, toss them with some of that reserved garlic paste and set aside.

In another pan, melt some butter over medium-high heat and add the pork skin and meat, along with:

2 shallots, 1/8 in dice

Cook until the pork is slightly crispy on the outside but not tough, then add the reserved, reduced cooking liquid. Reheat the pork fully in the liquid and taste for any final adjustments. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, etc as needed to season the sauce. Add the roasted root vegetables.

Then add

1/2 oz chives, cut finely with a very sharp knife
30 leaves flat leaf parsley, cut finely
20 leaves fresh tarragon, cut finely
10 fresh thyme leaves

All at once, right before serving. Garnish with lemon supremes (just the flesh of the lemon, no skin or connective tissue) and extra virgin olive oil.

amekins

amekins

Fuck it. Might as well come up with a lemon pork ragu/out. It's been a while since I've created a dish.

1 pork butt, bone in and skin on. AKA pork shoulder and Boston butt

Coarse kosher salt it all over, put it on a rack uncovered in the fridge for 24 hours. Make sure the salt is brushed off before cooking.

The next day, bring an oven up to 400 degrees and roast the pork shoulder, rotating a few times, until it's golden brown on the outside. The main goal here is caramelization.

As you're doing that, in a pot big enough to hold the pork shoulder, sweat in extra virgin olive oil:

3 sweet white onions, roughly 1/2 inch dice
3 shallots, roughly 1/2 inch dice

...until they smell sweet and are transparent. Then put the caramelized pork on top of the onions and add:

10 sprigs fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 carrot, 1 inch dice
2 celery sticks, 1 inch dice
the zest and juice of 4 fresh lemons (never ever ever pre-made lemon juice)

then add some white wine and water/beef stock/chicken stock to cover the pork about 3/4 of the way.

Drop in a whole head of garlic with the top cut off to the liquid and put that in a 250 degree oven for 10-12 hours. Let the meat rest in the liquid for at least 2 hours after cooking.

Then pull the meat out in as few pieces as possible and strain the cooking liquid twice. Put the liquid back into the pot and reduce it until it's about 85% gone, skimming the top frequently. While this is happening, hand-pull the pork meat and skin into bite-sized pieces, getting rid of any gristle, bone, loose sprigs of thyme, etc. Reserve for later.

Save that head of garlic post-cooking and squeeze out the braised garlic once it's cooked, discarding the paper. It should be a paste consistency.

About an hour before serving, toss

5 parsnips, peeled and roughly 1/2 inch dice
1 celery root, peeled and roughly 1/2 inch dice
2 carrots, peeled and roughly 1/2 inch dice
20 breakfast radishes (or other radishes), roughly 1/2 in dice.

in melted butter and add salt, fresh thyme, and white pepper. Spread those out on a cookie sheet and roast at 425, shaking frequently. They should be done in about 20 to 30 minutes. When they're done, toss them with some of that reserved garlic paste and set aside.

In another pan, melt some butter over medium-high heat and add the pork skin and meat, along with:

2 shallots, 1/8 in dice

Cook until the pork is slightly crispy on the outside but not tough, then add the reserved, reduced cooking liquid. Reheat the pork fully in the liquid and taste for any final adjustments. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, etc as needed to season the sauce. Add the roasted root vegetables.

Then add

1/2 oz chives, cut finely with a very sharp knife
30 leaves flat leaf parsley, cut finely
20 leaves fresh tarragon, cut finely
10 fresh thyme leaves

All at once, right before serving. Garnish with lemon supremes (just the flesh of the lemon, no skin or connective tissue) and extra virgin olive oil.
What can I bring to dinner??? This sounds amazing. I need people to cook for who eat meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom