An Improvised PVC Bulkhead Fitting for Liquid Storage Tanks/stolen link

• Thread starter fido
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fido

......a cut and paste
What standard sizes are available? Standard PVC electrical conduit sizes range from 1/2 inch to 6 inches in Schedule 40 (lighter) and Schedule 80 (heavier) thicknesses. However Home Depot and Lowes only seem to carry up to 2 inch sizes. These smaller size increments are 1/2, 3/4, 1, 1-1/4, 1-1/2, and 2 inches.

you could go up to a 6 inch pipe with these things! awesome!

fido

F

fido

http://flexpvc.com/

a wonderland of stuff for the inventive/creative mind.
they have check valves up to 6 inches with no metal parts in them for heavens sakes!
the big brains on this forum will have a ton of fun at this site.

http://flexpvc.com/

just click on stuff!
its a gas!
a stone cold gas!
hahaha

fido

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh my GOODNESS! What a delight for someone addicted to PVC! (I was once responsible for plumbing an entire fish warehouse, close to a thousand tanks.)

While I detest flexible PVC, this site really *is* a gas. :D
uniseals are not the way IMO. they will eventually leak and if you move buckets, they can get damaged fairly easily. i use this same method for all my 5 gal buckets, its just a simple male/female pvc adapter with o rings. works much better than uniseals. im actually going to redo my under current with these this week. if you get a leak, all you have to do is tighten or loosen the adapters. with uniseals, leaks are a bitch to fix
Wouldn't part of that problem be the curve of a 5gal bucket versus a 35gal trashcan? The more curved the surface you're trying to get through, the more difficult it's going to be to seal it. Flat surface almost no problem.

F

fido

Great post! ::)

so glad that you are back bro!:icon_cookie:
i was checking for you tuff!
glad u did not lose your love for this board while u were gone. we are all richer for you being here/sharing here.
you were missed
peace
fido

HG23

HG23

This is great info, thanks for posting it man. Does anyone know exactly why NPT threads won't work, but straight will? I noticed the article says straigt will "clamp on the in and out sides" or something.

pork

pork

NPT threads expand as you get further down the fitting.....This is so that when you use PVC cement, it will melt the PVC and still have enough tolerance to stay water/air tight.

S

swizzlegrower

ive been using something similar for years to plug hole in old terra cotta 20 gallon res....anybody else using one....they came in a ebb and flow kit.....excelent low profile res...

Top Bottom