And sog experts hear? Think I’m useing to much water….have a tendency to go to hard.

• Thread starter Buddernugz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Almostthere

Almostthere

Budderz i start out manual watering once a day with the pump for 3-4 days. Then its twice and slowly scale up as they go. I usually end in 5 watering. Open lines 1 gal. Ive tried 2 gal it works well too. I gas as well start at 600 ppm work my way up to 900-1000 by week 5ish then dial it back down slowly til the end. 25lb bags last me 4-5 grows and as you know roughly 25 gsllons day. So it is very cost effective.
20230218 225126

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I would say CannaGranny is a Sog/Scrog expert too....

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

Budderz i start out manual watering once a day with the pump for 3-4 days. Then its twice and slowly scale up as they go. I usually end in 5 watering. Open lines 1 gal. Ive tried 2 gal it works well too. I gas as well start at 600 ppm work my way up to 900-1000 by week 5ish then dial it back down slowly til the end. 25lb bags last me 4-5 grows and as you know roughly 25 gsllons day. So it is very cost effective. View attachment 1336266
Hot damn said the ram!!!!! Solid work.

What pump do you use? How are u getting enough water in the pots whilst only useing 25gal a day??
What formula do you use on the jacks? Is their a feed scequal?

Almostthere

Almostthere

You can use any pump. Mines a 500gph i think. Bigger pumps u just dont run as long... if u find u need more water in pots just have the pump run longer. I have a 100 gal rez. As for jacks its really dialing it in with your water. I have well water at 200 ppm. I dont get up to more than 600ppm the whole grow. Also fulvic and silica as well.

LJBB

LJBB

In my HUMBLE OPINION as well as the way I was taught by a 40+ year grower!

1. You need to make sure your irrigation system is feeding each plant equally. Simply put drippers in solo cups and make sure they are close to the same amount after turning system on for 30-45 seconds!

2. Also according to the same guy that I have listened to for over 5 years nothing will ever out produce more plants accept an incredibly longer veg time. (Not worth it if you are FLIPPING every 63 days! If you put 32 freshly rooted clones with a 3-7 day veg in a 4x4 tray you should definitely be able to prove this to yourself.

3. Anyone that says you can’t overwater coco is an idiot! Especially in veg but truthfully all the way through flower as well the plants will never be the superstars you are looking for without proper “dry backs” every night!

4. I have always ran Jacks 3-2-1 Bill Farthings recipe under nutrients and you will need $100 in Fulvic, Kelp, and flowering CalMag each grow but two 25 pound bags of a&b lasts me almost 3 grows with 6 lights.

I suggest you look into crop steering briefly to figure out how much to water per day but I hand water veg to make damn sure the roots are drying back properly and end up watering 6-8 times per day depending on how well the plants are drying back during lights out and how much I can force down their throats and still keep them happy!

Long story short IMO the entire COCO DTW style of growing is the only way to roll however if your dry back is not correct you can seriously screw a grow up fast!

I’m also not flexing in any way cause I know that a lot of ole heads on here out grow me by leaps and bounds!!

Peace out,

LJ
2C520AD2 C100 4A2E 9F05 A1471B4F2573
2C520AD2 C100 4A2E 9F05 A1471B4F2573
BBAC2A2C A39C 4628 B4D9 E01388B4D101

LJBB

LJBB

Ok so it’s not just me lol, I’m slightly watering more than you but not by much…….
Out of curiosity….what are u pulling off your 4x8 tables each?
Don’t forget bud it’s call DRAIN TO WASTE so there is definitely waste associated with the grow method although I would argue not very much at the end of the day!

LJBB

LJBB

That doesn’t help me when their canopy is heavier than the dryed out pot that was watered a few hrs prior. im getting salt build up as it is at 750-800ppm feed because their drinking more water than eating…don’t really want to drop below that ppm because I got a bunch of mimosa that are extremely heavy feeders.
need to flood them bare minimum 3 times a day or they will throw excessive ppm run off even after 3x pot volume flush
They will never have too much salt build up in a proper COCO DTW grow you somewhat or do make damn sure your last irrigation event during light on gives you a decent runoff and bye bye salt build up which can/should be a good things starts over the next day!!!

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

You can use any pump. Mines a 500gph i think. Bigger pumps u just dont run as long... if u find u need more water in pots just have the pump run longer. I have a 100 gal rez. As for jacks its really dialing it in with your water. I have well water at 200 ppm. I dont get up to more than 600ppm the whole grow. Also fulvic and silica as well.
I’ve noticed with silica even with adding first and waiting, it always binds to other nutes and collects on bottoms of my rez. Have u seen this as well? Maby I’m cheeping out on silica lol

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

They will never have too much salt build up in a proper COCO DTW grow you somewhat or do make damn sure your last irrigation event during light on gives you a decent runoff and bye bye salt build up which can/should be a good things starts over the next day!!!
Thank you, I’ll look into a digital timer so I can dial back feed times until lights off and flood them good. Any suggestions?

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

In my HUMBLE OPINION as well as the way I was taught by a 40+ year grower!

1. You need to make sure your irrigation system is feeding each plant equally. Simply put drippers in solo cups and make sure they are close to the same amount after turning system on for 30-45 seconds!

2. Also according to the same guy that I have listened to for over 5 years nothing will ever out produce more plants accept an incredibly longer veg time. (Not worth it if you are FLIPPING every 63 days! If you put 32 freshly rooted clones with a 3-7 day veg in a 4x4 tray you should definitely be able to prove this to yourself.

3. Anyone that says you can’t overwater coco is an idiot! Especially in veg but truthfully all the way through flower as well the plants will never be the superstars you are looking for without proper “dry backs” every night!

4. I have always ran Jacks 3-2-1 Bill Farthings recipe under nutrients and you will need $100 in Fulvic, Kelp, and flowering CalMag each grow but two 25 pound bags of a&b lasts me almost 3 grows with 6 lights.

I suggest you look into crop steering briefly to figure out how much to water per day but I hand water veg to make damn sure the roots are drying back properly and end up watering 6-8 times per day depending on how well the plants are drying back during lights out and how much I can force down their throats and still keep them happy!

Long story short IMO the entire COCO DTW style of growing is the only way to roll however if your dry back is not correct you can seriously screw a grow up fast!

I’m also not flexing in any way cause I know that a lot of ole heads on here out grow me by leaps and bounds!!

Peace out,

LJView attachment 1336664View attachment 1336664View attachment 1336665
solid grow! I agree with dry backs. Before dialing my irrigation more I had a whole back row that didn’t get nearly as mush water. I broke 2.5-3 oz dry on all 4 of them. When testing run off for giggles during harvest…….over 1400 ppm…..oops lol I agree with coco being over watered….can absolutely be a thing…..so a few hrs before lights off and pots are fully flushed. Then at lights on their not bone dry but significantly lighter is what your saying I should aim for? Dry ‘em out at night but not to the point of build up? Thank you again everyone for your assistance and time.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

Ok, I’ve done some research on folvic acid in conjunction with humic acid and kelp….
My worry is that last time I ran organic / flora nova in my system, I had non stop growth piping up in my Rez/ water chiller.
If I use kelp,folvic, and humic acid with 5ml per gal h2o2 will that help or hurt?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i use silicate 1st, ph adjust, nutrients, ph adjust, fluvic acid, h202
if you are using Silicate it needs to go in 1st other whys your feed is not good like you mentioned you'll see alot of stuff at the bottom. also, to call someone, you put a @ in front of their name and not a #
ps, i've heard not to use silicate with dirt as it can change the environment of your dirt

LJBB

LJBB

Thank you, I’ll look into a digital timer so I can dial back feed times until lights off and flood them good. Any suggestions?
The only timer I know of that goes down to seconds besides the high dollar irrigation controllers is an Auto Pilot they are about $20 online and IMO seconds are absolutely necessary. They look like every other timer they just have the ability to do seconds.

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

I currently run an analog Apollo with a photocell… I can water every hr or every 4hrs no in between then 6-12hrs

Buddernugz

Buddernugz

i use silicate 1st, ph adjust, nutrients, ph adjust, fluvic acid, h202
if you are using Silicate it needs to go in 1st other whys your feed is not good like you mentioned you'll see alot of stuff at the bottom. also, to call someone, you put a @ in front of their name and not a #
ps, i've heard not to use silicate with dirt as it can change the environment of your dirt
Idk if I’m getting old bottles of armor si but I’ll add 220ml of armor si to 110gal of tap and let circulate for hrs before adding and I still see binding

PK1

PK1

Supporter
im confused about what you are trying to do or what the issue is.

Top Bottom