Animal Cookies, Green Love Potion, Critical Kush, & Critical Cheese

• Thread starter HottyToddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HottyToddy

HottyToddy

Ill keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the heads up. We'll know by Christmas.

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

1) Eco Air Plus II Air Pump

1) Air Hose with T Fitting

1) Dome & Tray

2) 12 Compartment Insert

1) 25 Count Bag of Rapid Rooter Plugs

1) GH pH Tester Kit

1) Back Heating Pad

1) Root Cloning Gel

And, of course the babies:

6 Reg Animal Cookies

2 Fem Critical Cheese

Gotta finish the room now, quick-like...

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

So, just got back from Malága, Spain for my buddy's wedding and & after being gone for 14 days I'm really eager to get up & running. More progress to the build out coming soon and the target start date 8/26, which is just before crescent moon phase.

Last edited:
HottyToddy

HottyToddy

Samples from House & Garden are in. They hooked up Aqua A & B & all the additives, except "Magic Green." No worries, though! I was going to use a different Foliar anyway this run. I've heard there are better foliars out there so any suggestions is appreciated. H & G were really timely & all I had to do was fill out a card & pay for shipping.

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

So, I've made a few minor adjustments to my DIY DWC system for my future mothers. Ron Kleinman's "Bubble Buckets" is what I made. I first drilled 11/16" hole in the bottom of a spray painted, black, homer, 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot. I then used these couplings and connectors. We all know 1/4" tubing is used for most standard air pumps. However, I'm using 1/2" tubing for my drain/water level tubing. If you watch Ron's video on YouTube, then you will see he made a "custom air tube assembly" so that all the air goes from the 1/4" tubing to the 1/2" tubing to the bucket. I made my own out of the pieces you see here. Also, instead of rubber grommets and elbows, I used this male female adapter for the bottom of the bucket. Finally, I've added 1/2" half clamps for the 1/2" drain tubing to attach to the bucket so it is upright and secure. I'll be plumbing 2 holes on each side of my next buckets so I can see my solution level without taking my air line out or have double bubbles. It's a very good system for mom's. Gonna be building out a DIY RDWC UC style for veg and flower rooms next.

HottyToddy

HottyToddy

This Weekend's Project:

DIY 3/4" PVC Trellis with Crossbar

25' - 3/4" pvc sched 40
4 - 3/4" Elbows
4 - 3/4" Tees
1 - 3/4" Cross
1 - Ratchet Cutter
1 - Sharpie
1 - Tape Measure
1 - 25 ct box of 1" tapping screws
8- 5/16" Eye Hooks
2 - Pair of SunGrip Ratchet Hangers
1 - Hydrofarm 3.5" Trellis Netting (5x15)

So, I need a 4 x 4 trellis to match my light footprint & the layout of my four bucket DIY RDWC UC system. This will be in my flower room under a 1000W Horti Super HPS. I am going to build 2 identical ones today, as I will be adding another light and system to another 4 x 4 space in the same room so I can stagger my flower period & reduce the harvest time by half once it's up & running. Perpetual is the only way to go if you have only a little space, limited man power, & the like. Anyways, a couple pointers to people out there wanting to build one of these:

First, match your netting up with your footprint. No one can do this for you. Think about Geometry class in Ninth Grade. I like the 3.5" netting, but they make it in 5", 6", 7", etc. It all depends on the size and divisible numbers. For this project, I need a 4 x 4 trellis to match the hood/reflector/bulb I'm using. Because that setup is optimum at those measurements, I chose to go with a total length of 49". This includes the 1.25" for each connector(90, T, & Cross). So, the midpoint was found(24.5") & the pvc was marked & cut with ratchet cutters. No glue is necessary because no water will flow through this. Also, I installed the cross piece because I have found in my experience that any trellis of this type over 2' tends to get stretched toward the middle once the huge colas start weighing it down. Another added bonus, each bucket in my system will have its own quadrant. Second, I marked 3.5" dots with my sharpie(*TIP: Most Sched 40 PVC has labels, barcodes, etc. printed on it; make sure these are on the bottom for a neat look before you mark your drill holes), drilled holes to match my screw, & installed the screws & net. Third, installed 4 eye hooks on the ceiling & the 4 corners of the trellis. Finally, SunGrip Ratchet Hangers are used to adjust the height and there you have it.

Last edited:
H

happy b

Nicely done HT.The buckets should grow you some real healthy plants.i wish I had the time,patience and capability to make my own rdwc set up like you . I can only do a straight bucket with an air stone . lol.
You have some nice sounding strains.iv got a pack of seed junkies animal walker which is skywalker og x animal cookies . I too have heard some dodgy things about bcbd but iv heard of more people who were happy with ther bcbd gear than unhappy so i wouldn't worry too much.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you to get a keeper out them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom