For Sale Announcing availability of K-KING -- all natural Potassium fertilizer

• Thread starter K_KING
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
basscaptain

basscaptain

basscaptain, I understand your desire for privacy. That very desire is exactly why we are implementing our own messaging system on the site itself. Email is NOT any more secure than this forum; actually, it's less so. If you think you are hiding anything over email, think again. If you have specific concerns about the security of this site for some reason that's understandable. Another easy way is to create an account on the web site (just give it any username and password you like and you're in, very quick and painless), then enter your mailing address into the form on the 'Account' page. Then PM me what account name you used, and I'll go in there and get the address. I can immediately delete it from there also if requested, or you can do that yourself. If you get it in there by about noon tomorrow I'll get your package on the way. Looking forward to see how this stuff does in your particular conditions.
I'm good.. my info is not going on this web site............... I don't think you understand......

K_KING

K_KING

One person dropped us a note asking why we don't have HTTPS on the site. To make a long explanation short, we believe both HTTP and HTTPS to be fundamentally insecure, for different reasons. This is why the only personal info we 'collect' is a mailing address for orders placed through the web site, and only as a convenience to the customer. The address you enter is barely 'validated' so you can essentially enter a bunch of garbage there if you like, then write your address manually on the printed form when you mail it in, thus not having to send any personal data to the site at all, if this could be a security concern for certain people.

K_KING

K_KING

I'm good.. my info is not going on this web site............... I don't think you understand......

I really don't, bro. I have no idea what's running through your mind right now. We work hard to keep our customers' info secure and out of the hands of those who would do them harm. But if you change your mind in the future, the door will be open to you. A free bag is available to you whenever. Just sit back for a moment and see what the other testers get and how it works for them. We fully understand and support you doing whatever you have to do to keep yourself secure.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

One person dropped us a note asking why we don't have HTTPS on the site. To make a long explanation short, we believe both HTTP and HTTPS to be fundamentally insecure, for different reasons. This is why the only personal info we 'collect' is a mailing address for orders placed through the web site

I wasn’t asking why you use http. I was letting you know that collecting passwords without https is irresponsible.
Just a software developer trying to help you out, which I did via pm, so you could fix it without being out on blast, but you decided to put yourself on blast instead, and not fix it.

K_KING

K_KING

I wasn’t asking why you use http. I was letting you know that collecting passwords without https is irresponsible.

No it isn't. Full stop.

Just a software developer trying to help you out, which I did via pm, so you could fix it without being out on blast, but you decided to put yourself on blast instead, and not fix it.

Here is the message I sent to him privately, explaining the reasons why I, also a software developer, specifically chose to design the site in this way. Let the reader judge who actually knows what he is talking about:

Who is going to snoop on the HTTP traffic? That's nation state level of capability. The average joe can't come anywhere near that. The same people who CAN do this already have the ability to crack SSL also--and they have had it since day 1. :)

Those "industry standards" you speak about are being pushed by BIG TECH COMPANIES. Who are owned by INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES--and have been since the beginning.

Open source encryption technology used to be looked at exactly the same as exporting nuclear weapons. Suddenly the US government changed its mind and released OpenSSL for all of us to use....for our benefit......right.

There are a sizeable number of geeks out there who are extremely skeptical of this massive "everything must be HTTPS" push by Google and the other tech giants. And they should be.

Who do you suppose created "LetsEncrypt", the company handing out security certificates like free candy, as part of the HTTPS marketing campaign? What's their agenda?

How is SSL secure when one uses a CDN, as a large percentage of web sites do now, where one's PRIVATE encryption keys have to be given to the CDN? Doesn't that place your security entirely in that company's hands? Who do you think owns CloudFlare? :)

What happens when we go to HSTS (Hypertext Strict Transport Security) everywhere, as Google is pushing to do? That'sa fancy name for "you are no longer allowed to access a web site if your browser decides of its own accord it's not safe, with no way to override it." Shutting down a web site becomes as easy as revoking its security certificate.

The goal of our company is to keep people SAFE. I do my part in that by understanding these technical details at a much higher level than most. :)

Here is his nasty response:

Not here to argue with you do what you want, just letting you know since I build software for a living and noticed that glaring vulnerability. I didn’t realize you understood everything at a “much higher level”.

You're "not here to argue", but it does seem a lot like you're arguing.

You didn't realize I understand things at a higher level, but now you do.

Keeping our customers safe according to OUR understanding is OUR priority.

K_KING

K_KING

OK, on a POSITIVE note, I just sent the first bag of fertilizer to our first tester, BurnzYzBudZz. She (he?) should have that in about a week.

Unfortunately, I got a NASTY shock at the post office. It cost over $50 to ship this package! Holy SHIT! Prices have absolutely skyrocketed since we set our prices last year. We will have to increase our flat rate shipping from $10 to $50 to cover this, and hopefully, not destroy the business in the process before we even get started. We may end up having to go UPS or FedEx to get a reasonable rate.

Isn't it amazing how Amazon, the Chinese, etc can ship a box across the ocean for peanuts, but you or I get charged a fortune? Crazy times.

K_KING

K_KING

OK, redshift75's bag is on the way as of today; he should have it this weekend. Those are our only two testers for now! One is a soil grower and the other uses coco; it will be especially interesting to us in the latter case to see how that does, as neither we nor our existing growers have any experience with coco. Looking forward to seeing first impressions of K-KING when these folks get their bags. :D

K_KING

K_KING

Just an update--both testers have received their bags. Now waiting for them to start their respective threads....

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Just an update--both testers have received their bags. Now waiting for them to start their respective threads....
I will start it tomorrow @ 6pm when lights come on and 1st day of flower starts. For those of you who don’t know, I’ll be Dedicating one flower plant to test the k-king product. Ill be detailing smell, texture, npk ratios, and all that stuff as the weeks pass in flower. There is not much info on the product as he states it’s a trade secret but hey, I’ll try everything once. I’ll be documenting as the weeks go on The good, the bad, and the ugly and if I get more info regarding the product, I’ll forward all info. Totally unbiased. Thanks again @K_KING
burnz

K_KING

K_KING

Uh oh...I don't know... I said in the beginning we would be open to overseas testers, but after getting absolutely raped on shipping to California, I'm afraid of what the shipping to Oz would be...lol. If you didn't mind paying for shipping then we could send you a bag, but then there would be the question of payment method. We could only accept payment in silver, for overseas purchases.

We would like to offer overseas sales options but the shipping cost and lack of realistic payment options (besides electronic payments, which we refuse) may render it futile. I think they purposefully make it difficult to pass money between the countries via any method other than credit card; e.g. the USPS just recently cancelled money order service between U.S. and Canada, and never had it available for Australia/NZ.

tango.hotel.charlie

tango.hotel.charlie

I'd like to test a bag I'll post a grow diary, columbus, ohio

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Wow, tough crowd! I never imagined to see such seriously closed minded, highly opinionated and judgmental comments about a product you've never even seen. Can't even give stuff away for free I guess without someone bitching about it. Well, at least our post went through without getting summarily deleted like on the "pay to play" ICMag forum, so that's a start.

The entire point of putting this stuff in people's hands, ideally people whom the forum already knows and trusts, is to let them tell us in their own words what it's all about. If you're going by the numbers exclusively, you're doing it all wrong. Lab tests don't show everything.

For those of you who said you're not interested, I will still accept your name in nomination if you change your mind. Sometimes the toughest critics could turn into the biggest fans. But even if you try this stuff and hate it for whatever reason, we welcome your criticism, as long as it's based on actual experience and not leaping to wild conclusions.

Probably not the best way to respond here. MIMedGrower is a highly respected grower on these forums and his concerns are legitimate ones. Although, this product might have certain application benefits, I share his concerns about the slow release, and being a manure based product.

I think the best thing to do here, would be to lay out exactly what's in the product. It's a tough crowd here. I've been doing organics for awhile now, but that's just a fraction of the methods used here, and most people here are looking for tight control over their regimes, not a one stop shop.

Personally, I've spent thousands of dollars on fertilizers, and I quite literally "give" the stuff away sometimes. I've got cabinets full various amendments, salts, formulas and whatnot. The picture I provided is just my overflow cabinet, and some of the smaller bottles. That's not including all the bigger items I have, in various gallon jugs, or 5 lb bags. I've spend around $300 the last month or two on amendments, and new products, and that's just a drop in the bucket, as I"m a very small scale grower.

If you want to find some success here, I suggest you find an accomplished grower, and enlist some help, not castigate or berate them. I'm a breeder myself, and I'll gladly give a few of my prized seeds to some of the better growers here, just for the feedback and resulting legitimacy established. It's actually an honor for me, that they would be wanting to use my stuff.

IMG 20200907 140923
IMG 20200906 203133   Copy   Copy
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
"FERTILIZER" may be regulated in such a way, but "Fertile Earth" is not. :)

The exact composition of K-KING, and the method by which we produce it, is a closely held trade secret.

So should there be concerns about heavy metals? or how does one figure in things like adding in aminoacids, trace minerals, carbohydrates, humics/fluvics, mycoconaze, beneficial bacteria colonization and whatnot? Or are we supposed to just guess?

Personally, I'm not putting ANYTHING on my precious plants without a chemical analysis, I spend far too much time and energy to do otherwise.

And if this stuff has manure in it, I want to know "what kind"? Chickens that have have been penned up their entire lives and given antibiotics, crap silage and/or garbage to eat? Or pigs/cows kept in similar enviornments? NO THANKS.

I use excrement in my grows, but it's usually a very high quality fossilized type.

I only eat chickens/meat/food that has been meticulously cared for and has "good vibes", not anything that's been abused or exploited, neglected, simply for profit. (ever)... I'm not sticking mass industrialized farm products in my body.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
think I still have 1.... give it to this guy
and Since MIM doesn't want me to say shit about Him give my other to Brunz

Like I said in my pm I'll run anything and will run it next to whatever.... I'm using... I'm just starting back up and I'm broke so any help is Kool on my end...
Just losted about 150 beans to mice in the last wk...so anything can happen............ around here...... your stuff may work for me.....

There ya go, I'm sure there's others here as well that will take you up on it. Plenty of peeps here on a budget that I suspect are willing to be your test run, I'm sure of it. But in the long run, I think chemical analysis is something you should consider.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
There ya go, I'm sure there's others here as well that will take you up on it. Plenty of peeps here on a budget that I suspect are willing to be your test run, I'm sure of it. But in the long run, I think chemical analysis is something you should consider.
Every business has to start some where.. I am in no way “on a budget” but was willing to test his product. He was courteous enough to send a bag, a huge bag at that, to get his product out there and try to move forward with his business. Im sure there will be testing in the near future. Journal coming later today.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
OK, on a POSITIVE note, I just sent the first bag of fertilizer to our first tester, BurnzYzBudZz. She (he?) should have that in about a week.

Unfortunately, I got a NASTY shock at the post office. It cost over $50 to ship this package! Holy SHIT! Prices have absolutely skyrocketed since we set our prices last year. We will have to increase our flat rate shipping from $10 to $50 to cover this, and hopefully, not destroy the business in the process before we even get started. We may end up having to go UPS or FedEx to get a reasonable rate.

Isn't it amazing how Amazon, the Chinese, etc can ship a box across the ocean for peanuts, but you or I get charged a fortune? Crazy times.

It's because they have good (affordable) postal systems in place, (for everyone) and their current governments see the inherent value of having a thriving and well established postal system, instead of trying to undermine confidence in governmental services, like what's happening right now, though out our government.

Ultimately, it's rural people (same idiots who voted this ignoramus into office) who are going to suffer the consequences of the current establishment trying to "burn down" the postal system that's been in place for the past 220 years.

Without roads, schools, postal services, hospitals, military, 911, fire departments, police, electric grid, communications, internet, universities, and science research, social services, funded and directed by governments, make a civil society possible. But sadly, many Americans don't share this reality, they would rather pay little or no taxes, and then complain about the results...

Last edited:
Top Bottom