Anonymous Gear - 1st Grow

• Thread starter BudLightyear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudLightyear

BudLightyear

The 1000w was heating up the tent too hot so until I decide on cooling I'm back to the 4' 4 light..

Here is the update on the sex as well.
Image Image

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Maybe I need to look harder, but they don't appear to be showing just yet to me. However, they look spectacularly healthy, so good job on that!

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

However, they look spectacularly healthy, so good job on that!

Thank You Seamaiden :)

I am getting some weird spots on the leaves that look dry? I don't even know how to describe it. Here's some pictures for an update.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm sitting here looking at your pix and saying, "Ahh... ohh..." So, overall they look GREAT, not kidding about that. Then you show the crinkled leaf, and another that is showing some signs that are very similar to mosaic virus, or variegation. I would up the calcium slightly, see what happens. The rest of it, the crinkles and dry bits, I consider minor cosmetic defects and wouldn't worry about them unless they really progress into something more.

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

I'm sitting here looking at your pix and saying, "..showing some signs that are very similar to mosaic virus, or variegation.

Seamaiden you are truly an angel watching over this garden with your advice. I am a tobacco smoker and feel 100% responsible for why this has popped up.

My negligence is to blame.

I had no idea this was possible. I have a poker table set up outside that very spare bedroom and I'm sure that cigarette and cigar smoke from the other night was sucked into the room. My intake and exhausts move quite a bit of air for the small tent.

Leading up to the chaos:
Feeding schedule was bumped up to 4ml / L for Grow / Bloom / Micro
approx 40ml of each in a 2.5 gal bucket.
Hygrozyme was reduced to 10ml / 2.5 g <---- Too Low???
Cal-Mag was reduced to 10ml / 2.5 g <---- Too Low???

My EC is 2.8 and my PH is fluctuating between 5.3 <-> 5.9

Gameplan:
So far, on the second biggest plant - I have misted with fresh RO water. 50% dilution of nutrient solution with fresh RO water. Lowered the water level to the bottom of the net pot. It's still alive, 60% total leaf droop.

The biggest plant seems to have 100% droop. The stalk is flimsy/floppy and the top is fallen over. I misted with RO water. Diluted the nutrients to 10% with 90% fresh RO water and left the water level 2 inches above the bottom of the net pot. I only did this in a scientific fashion so I can possibly find out what is causing the problems. So far it's looking like this isn't working to well. It's looking dead, 100% total leaf droop. I'm thinking I should go back to my 3ml / l and 5ml / g on the Hygrozyme and Cal-Mag?

Image 1Image 2Image 3Image

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hrm.... well, you're growing using a method I have never used/tried, and using some products I have never used (Hygrozyme). Hopefully someone with more experience using this growing method can chime in and offer some suggestions.

But, are you saying that you observed these changes after you made changes to the feeding regimen? If so, then I would say yes, go back to what was working. I don't recall your temps & RH parameters exactly, but I do recall them being within range.

Double check the main stalk of the droopy plants. If this were happening outdoors, I would wonder if perhaps something has girdled the plant. And again, check those roots.

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Ok the learning curve hit a big hill and I had to make a decision. Took 25 cuts and hopefully when I'm back in town they will be rooted :)

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Returned home and had some heat issues. Got a 8 inch fan hooked up now I'm running around 73 at the hottest part of the day with a 1000watt.

I seem to have some root rot problems so after a bunch of reading, I now have Great White, HygroZyme, and AquaShield at my disposal. All three seem to have great reviews and I'm curious to test them and find which works best.

I'm going to attempt to start flowering this sunday on 1 of the plants and see how that works out.

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Aqua shield is a miracle worker. Saved the two biggest plants in flowering. One week into flowering and the ladies are all happy. Got lucky and have 3 females! Here's some pictures as of today.
Image Image Image Image Image

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Your ladies are chuggin' along! If you're like me, when they start building bud, you might get kinda giddy and do a little happy dance.

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Maybe I already am! I love seeing the little hairs and tiny bud sites!

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

I see tiny nuggets everywhere. Love all the white hairs growing like crazy.

Top Bottom