• Thread starter redog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

redog

Steven H. Foskett TELEGRAM & GAZETTE
Friday, Jan. 8, 2010

Police say they intercept marijuana deals on wheels

LEICESTER — Two men and a teenager were arrested after police said they were growing marijuana in a car.

Jacob A. Balter, 18, of Wayland, Zachary K. Smith, 20, of Walpole, and a 16-year-old boy were arrested and charged with marijuana cultivation, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of more than an ounce of marijuana and conspiracy to violate the Controlled Substances Act. Mr. Balter was also charged with an inspection sticker violation.

According to police, just before midnight Thursday, Officer Ronald Tarentino stopped a 2000 Ford Taurus driving west on Route 9, for having an expired inspection sticker. Police said Officer Tarentino noticed the odor of an alcoholic beverage, and several large objects covered up in the back seat of the passenger side. Mr. Balter, the driver, told police he had been drinking previously and spilled a drink in the car and on himself.

Police said Officer Tarentino found that the large boxes in the back seat contained marijuana plants. The boxes were equipped with fluorescent lighting, with cords plugged into a power strip and power inverter connected to the car's cigarette lighter, police said.
The cord from the lights had been disconnected before the stop, but police said it appeared that it had been set up and was functioning while the plants were being transported.
Plant fertilizer, water, a timer and a large marijuana smoking pipe were also seized. Police said they will continue to investigate, focusing on where the marijuana was supposed to be delivered.

E

ehole

i don't feel you truly grasp what you win a darwin for... but i found a seed that sprouted in my farm vehicle last spring lol

R

redog

i don't feel you truly grasp what you win a darwin for
Condescending remark. . . . . why?

I though driving with an out of date sticker was pretty stupid.I really doubt these guys were growing in the car in the middle of a very cold winter in the North East.
Probably transporting from one location to another.
If they were growing in an auto over the winter in this fucking cold then that's another reason (in my opinion) for a Darwin award.

S

ShorelineTex

Condescending remark. . . . . why?

I though driving with an out of date sticker was pretty stupid.I really doubt these guys were growing in the car in the middle of a very cold winter in the North East.
Probably transporting from one location to another.
If they were growing in an auto over the winter in this fucking cold then that's another reason (in my opinion) for a Darwin award.

Lol, I don't think his remark was meant to be condescending - you normally win a Darwin Award for an activity that leads to your demise, or at least renders you unable to reproduce. Think along these lines:

-jet-assisted takeoff rocket attached to the top of your vehicle that slams you into the side of a mountain
-jumping in a flooded river to rescue your moped
-flying a lawn chair attached to balloons into the LAX landing paths
-accidentally shooting your nuts off with a .22lr shell you're using as a temporary fuse replacement in your truck

The idea is that these folks are doing us a favor by electing to remove themselves from the gene pool for the greater good of humanity.

Now, if these dudes had rigged up a generator to their car so they could run like a 250w HPS, then electrocuted themselves to death while trying to unplug the thing while the cop was walking up to the car, they'd be a shoo-in!

Top Bottom